Polo 9n3 1.9 TDI sportline

BigMig

TDI
9n3 Polo 1.9 sportline PD130 (96kw)
Hectic hey. The car pulls so much stronger and im only running a very mild dimsport map.

BigMig

TDI
A small update I went to my software guru and asked him to tweak my map a little bit. She is now pushing a healthy 161.4 WHp and just over 420 Nm. I now can safely say she quicker than a stock golf 5 and 6 GTI 2.0 TFSI.

You gota love diesel.

nutzu_gotgame

TDI
seat cordoba coupe 1.9TDI 110hp (ASV)
nice car!

that power curve is really constant ... i am thinking that the power gain can be greater

BigMig

TDI
nice car!
that power curve is really constant ... i am thinking that the power gain can be greater
It is but when I did the mufflerectomy I did a dyno run on the day and it was a bit jittery but eventuly smoothed out. I'm running a less aggressive map for durability, I don't want to push the turbo to hard cause here in SA we had problems with the pd130 turbo popping very often. VW did eventuly do a recal on all the pd130's but I still don't want to risk it.

BigMig

TDI
So I acquired my new second hand rims they are 18 inch S5 replica's I went with hecules 215/35/18 tyres and so far no issues's that I have seen.
They needed some TLC and two of the rims had very slight buckles nothing major.
Before cleaning

And after

tonypolotdi

TDI
Polo 9n 2005 1.9TDI sportline (96kw) PD130
HEY Migs how you?

Long time man, hope you well.

First of all Your cabbie is looking superfly! And those rims will look even BETTER when its slammed, I must be honest im a bit more of a deep dish thick plate rims kinda guy but that rim rEEEAly looks good! pulls it off for me!! (thumbs up)

BigMig

TDI
HEY Migs how you?

Long time man, hope you well.

First of all Your cabbie is looking superfly! And those rims will look even BETTER when its slammed, I must be honest im a bit more of a deep dish thick plate rims kinda guy but that rim rEEEAly looks good! pulls it off for me!! (thumbs up)
Aaaaa PA Tony PA. I'm good and you? Ya it has been a while.

Thanks bud it makes me happy that you approve of my none dish rims. Ha ha ha

I made VW center logos for the caps will try get a nice shot and show you. Trust me I want to drop her not to low but just a bit. Our roads in Joburg are not the best quality. And just imagine if I go over one of those bumps on the highway when it changes level. Hell no something will definitely break. I really want Koni coilies but they are 13K so I'm trying to save up.

tonypolotdi

TDI
Polo 9n 2005 1.9TDI sportline (96kw) PD130
LoL it personaly think it difficult to find a rim that compliments the car.

I wanted to put rims on my one but im not gonna go put on the g6 or phat 5's, its to common for me. I wanna look different. Wanna find something different something fresh and i cant find aftermarket 16s ANYWHERE!. Dont really wanna put 17s because of the lovely jhb road conditions.

Well i got a 35mm drop on mine eibachs (blue springs) still got a descent drive not to hard (take into consideration i got sport street shocks from KONI)... and let me tell you im really glad i didnt go any lower...between edenvale and snake road i really gotta concerntrate because those road works are harsh on the car NO LIES! I

Im saving for the cooler now, i spoke to yoshin from unitronic. He said he will do everything for 5k . One thing he said wich is a little disturbing is he said he would need to shave off some off the "bumper stabilizer bar" ??? thats makin me a little weary. I see in your pics everything looks like it fits perfect!... confused..

BossTDi

TDI
vw 1.9tdi sportline
Helo I'm new to the tdi game and was wondering what would you recomend for exhauste? like what size pipe and backbox size

BigMig

TDI
LoL it personaly think it difficult to find a rim that compliments the car.

I wanted to put rims on my one but im not gonna go put on the g6 or phat 5's, its to common for me. I wanna look different. Wanna find something different something fresh and i cant find aftermarket 16s ANYWHERE!. Dont really wanna put 17s because of the lovely jhb road conditions.

Well i got a 35mm drop on mine eibachs (blue springs) still got a descent drive not to hard (take into consideration i got sport street shocks from KONI)... and let me tell you im really glad i didnt go any lower...between edenvale and snake road i really gotta concerntrate because those road works are harsh on the car NO LIES! I

Im saving for the cooler now, i spoke to yoshin from unitronic. He said he will do everything for 5k . One thing he said wich is a little disturbing is he said he would need to shave off some off the "bumper stabilizer bar" ??? thats makin me a little weary. I see in your pics everything looks like it fits perfect!... confused..
I hear what your saying about that route it's hectic but at least when they are done it will be a lovely smooth road. I honestly would go for 17,s it will be much cheaper and there is so much choice.

One guy on our local forum went to yosh and he said he did a really good job. As for shaving I'm not sure how much I don't think much but if it is done just make sure they paint over where they shaved so as it doesn't rust. As for my pics I fitted the seat sport FMIC. It fits perfectly behind the bar but I did have to shave a bit of the bumper so that the boost pipes could fit.

Last edited:

BigMig

TDI
Helo I'm new to the tdi game and was wondering what would you recomend for exhauste? like what size pipe and backbox size
Just do a mufflerectomy. Will give a slight performance increase, bring down EGT's and it will sound wickedly sick.

BigMig

TDI
I recently purchased a set of Koni coil-overs. Had them fitted and loving every minute of it. We had the front dropped about 50mm but lifted it back up about 15mm due to rubbing. My first impression was when I gave it beans down a nice smooth road changing from first to second then to third is that the ocean liner motion was gone. the nose hardly lifted. So I'm already putting the power down better, bonus.

I havn't given the handling a proper test as I'm still getting used to the current setup. When I'm more comfy with it I will start testing those boundaries. I will say it is so much more direct and responsive and still has a good comfortable ride quality.

Overall I'm very happy with them. I always said I would buy a set if not used then new. My heart was set on them from the start.

I will upload pics when I get a chance.

Thanks to Ash and Jim from koni for fitting them and for doing an upstanding job. Great service guys.

Some pics of the coilies.

Last edited:

BigMig

TDI
Another point to add about the ride quality. I had my mom, sister and SO in the car last sunday driving all over fourways, smooth bumpy and off road. Not once did I get a complaint that the ride is to bouncy or stiff. I know you might be thinking to your self that they dont drive in the car so how would they know. Well we recently went and came back from Durbs in my car so I would gues that they would have a pretty good idea of how it feels. Not once I tell you. I am seriously impressed with them.

Here are a few pics from my cell phone.

Before

Rear

Front

Fitment

BigMig

TDI
And the results.
Rear

Front

Overall. I only took one shot

And a bonus. I managed to fix my carbon fiber mirror covers.

Hope you enjoyed the viewing.

BigMig

TDI
I popped my turbo last year and decided to fit the PD160 unit.

At the wheels

I also changed the colour of the rims to BMW brown

BigMig

TDI
I also fitted OEM gloss black B-pillar covers

Last edited: