Pollution

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
What is less visible is the near-unfathomable amount of fuel emissions generated by a single container ship – an amount equal to the emissions of 50 million cars. For perspective: The 760 million cars that are currently operating worldwide emit as much sulfur as 15 container ships running at full capacity.

http://www.enfos.com/blog/2015/06/2...ntainer-ship-can-out-pollute-50-million-cars/

They need a Buy Back for all the crap made in China

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
to spice it up a little im gonna add that all of these talks about green house effect and global warming is the biggest bs ever created ��

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
What is less visible is the near-unfathomable amount of fuel emissions generated by a single container ship – an amount equal to the emissions of 50 million cars.

They need a Buy Back for all the crap made in China
No one seems to care about off shore pollution. Like it's going to stay off shore and never impact any land mass. Remember when there were smoking and nonsmoking sections in airplanes. The smoke knew that it was supposed to stay in the smoking section.

And can't have a buy back of all the made in China stuff in my house. It would be empty.

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI 6mt, sold back, replacement 2017 Golf GTI Autobahn
to spice it up a little im gonna add that all of these talks about green house effect and global warming is the biggest bs ever created ��
Let's not go there. Statements like that are just inflammatory.

vintovka

Banned
TDI
NO MORE VW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on another note i drove my new car today and got 24 mpg. Yhe tdi sits in the yard (awaiting buyback and potential destruction) and gets 44.6 to 51 mpg. how can a car that get better than 100% better mileage uses les than half the fuel be a gross polluter? I smell the oil companies stench is all this with the complicity of EPA.

Got Haggis?

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf DSG
i was wondering.....how much do the "cheating" tdis output compared to older tdis....say from 2009 or 2000?

always good to be reducing emissions, just sort of curious

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2016 Audi Q5 TDI
Last edited:

garment69

TDI
2013 Passat SEL w/DSG
on another note i drove my new car today and got 24 mpg. Yhe tdi sits in the yard (awaiting buyback and potential destruction) and gets 44.6 to 51 mpg. how can a car that get better than 100% better mileage uses les than half the fuel be a gross polluter? I smell the oil companies stench is all this with the complicity of EPA.
1000% agree!!!

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
No one seems to care about off shore pollution. Like it's going to stay off shore and never impact any land mass. Remember when there were smoking and nonsmoking sections in airplanes. The smoke knew that it was supposed to stay in the smoking section.

And can't have a buy back of all the made in China stuff in my house. It would be empty.
A study released Monday by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and NASA found that smog-forming chemicals making their way across the Pacific Ocean from China are undermining the progress California has made in reducing ozone, the most caustic component in L.A. smog

http://www.sgvtribune.com/environme...ndermining-gains-in-california-western-states

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
A study released Monday by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and NASA found that smog-forming chemicals making their way across the Pacific Ocean from China are undermining the progress California has made in reducing ozone, the most caustic component in L.A. smog.
Totally believable. Japan has been suffering from this for some time. Maybe Trump can find a way to tax China for exporting pollution to us. And with that funding, build a wall of air purifiers along the West Coast.

maybe368

Veteran Member
TDI
Happily none
they might be, but this is true
It is opinion. I think that all the thread starters of threads like this and all of the posters in them should be sentenced to reading threadzilla, twice. All of this was thrashed out over and over, with the same result: nobody changes their opinion...Mark P.S. For those of you thinking that I posted here so I would need to read threadzilla twice also, I already did, so neener, neener...

Last edited:

rfortson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Surfwagen TDI

LOL! Well, they could "pay" for their emission tax by doing a little whaling along the way. If they made the ship nuclear-powered, they could just dump the waste in the ocean. No one would see it.

;)

stakeman

TDI
13 Passat TDI
I think your on the right track but think about how much from each gallon of Diesel sold gets taxed by Uncle Sam! I'm no conspiracy theorist but if I were, I'd consider our very own Government has as much to lose or more in tax revenues from our cars. Everytime I road trip this Passat TDI I can't believe how great the milage is.