• Docs were rejected, had to resubmit.

Votes: 34 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zoomydu

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Nearly 6 weeks since we submitted our docs...and still under review. Kinda frustrating to see people have acceptance in a week or two.

kenpoman

TDI
2012 Jetta
It's business days.
When I called in I asked if they were working 7 days a week on this expecting them to laugh. But they did say they were working 6 days a week. So I'm not sure if business days are 5 days or 6...

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
When I called in I asked if they were working 7 days a week on this expecting them to laugh. But they did say they were working 6 days a week. So I'm not sure if business days are 5 days or 6...
I think that business days are M-F excluding holidays in terms of processing time, even though they're working six days a week.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
And if we don't get things within two weeks, they can come back and say that business days are only Mondays and Tuesdays :D.
No, the settlement defines "business days" as M-F excluding holidays. (yes, I saw the smiley).

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
No, the settlement defines "business days" as M-F excluding holidays. (yes, I saw the smiley).
The whole business day thing bothers me. The Settlement says all days are to be calculated in calendar days (UNO) while the FTC docs spell everything out in business days. In the end, some parts are in calendar days while other parts are in business days.

71sbeetle

Veteran Member
TDI
1971 Super Beetle, 2014 Golf TDI (soon to be 2017 Golf Wolfsburg), 2015 Silverado LT
* Submitted 09/28
* 10/30 called and asked for reset because I knew of a possible issue with the ones I uploaded, was told would be reset within a couple of hours
* 11/02 still no reset BUT they have reviewed my docs and they were NOT approved. It's really weird in my case because registration showed only my name (although the new registration we just got after renewing shows both names) but the finance company for some reason only has her name! So they're saying it doesn't match registered owner.

Anyway, had they reset my account I would have proper docs in there to review but they didn't, so I have to wait on the phone call back once again to ask for a reset!

jsplinter

TDI
Jetta
I had them reset mine yesterday. I called in the morning for the reset. Then called back at 8pm and said it still hasn't been reset. She reset it while I was on the phone with her

amc1024

TDI
2014 TDI with 6S DSG automatic
I replied to this poll and commented earlier in this thread. I submitted scans/photos of documents on 10/4, including registration and driver's licenses of 2 registered "owners" on a lease of a 2014 Jetta (contract termination 4/2018).

Still haven't progressed past the stage:

Searched this thread for the word "Lease" and cannot find anyone with a lease that has had documents accepted.

So I'm curious - anyone with a lease have documents accepted yet?

Thanks,

-Adam

scottb8888

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI
I replied to this poll and commented earlier in this thread. I submitted scans/photos of documents on 10/4, including registration and driver's licenses of 2 registered "owners" on a lease of a 2014 Jetta (contract termination 4/2018).

Still haven't progressed past the stage:

Searched this thread for the word "Lease" and cannot find anyone with a lease that has had documents accepted.

So I'm curious - anyone with a lease have documents accepted yet?

Thanks,

-Adam

Lease! and no!

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Don't forget - November 11th = holiday
I'm tempted to call VW Claims hotline for this haha.

I want a clear answer from them as this day could be a very critical business day.

Not all work forces have off for Veterans day.....local govt, public schools, colleges, your every day essential business operates on Veterans day.

I'm an army vet myself and rather be using my time wisely by notarizing a final offer and send it off asap on veterans day than going to restaurants doing meal specials for vets :cool:

lucien2

TDI
2013 Golf TDi 6MT Tornado Red
I'm tempted to call VW Claims hotline for this haha.

I want a clear answer from them as this day could be a very critical business day.

Not all work forces have off for Veterans day.....local govt, public schools, colleges, your every day essential business operates on Veterans day.

I'm an army vet myself and rather be using my time wisely by notarizing a final offer and send it off asap on veterans day than going to restaurants doing meal specials for vets :cool:
you got that right, Hon!

Turboneon1997

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI 6sp Man.
My documents have been accepted and are "under Review" That status hasn't changes in about 10 days. It would be nice to have some sort of timeline so I can line up another vehicle...

71sbeetle

Veteran Member
TDI
1971 Super Beetle, 2014 Golf TDI (soon to be 2017 Golf Wolfsburg), 2015 Silverado LT
My documents have been accepted and are "under Review" That status hasn't changes in about 10 days. It would be nice to have some sort of timeline so I can line up another vehicle...
Mine were uploaded for 35 days before I got an update ..... for your time-line

Ramonbo89

TDI
2015 Jetta S
Its extremely random. My documents were under review for over a month on the fix option, I switched to buyback and they were approved in 3 business days.

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Its extremely random. My documents were under review for over a month on the fix option, I switched to buyback and they were approved in 3 business days.
It seems like people who change something or have to resubmit go to the top of the queue. Almost makes me wish I'd screwed something up. Almost. :)

Dub J

TDI
Jetta MK VI TDI Manual 6
I got my {Determining eligibility} email today.
Submitted 10/26
Assuming the docs are right...
Does anyone know how long it is to the next step?
What is the next step?
Thanks!

Sprockets

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
It seems like people who change something or have to resubmit go to the top of the queue. Almost makes me wish I'd screwed something up. Almost. :)
For real.

I submitted 10/17 (didn't realize I hadn't sent everything yet, their "notification emails are worthless), loan on car through bank, I'm the only owner/driver. 2011 Golf TDI.

I have spend I don't know how many hours on hold at the 800 number. I've done the "we'll call you back", I've waited, you name it. I finally spoke to someone earlier this week, didn't get much info out of them other than they are just approving documents "in order", and there was no way to expedite the process.

I have wondered if it is based on model year order, but I'm seeing, in this thread, cars older than mine being approved, as well as newer.

I just want this to be over and done. I had a major scare last month with fuel system issues (repaired and covered under warranty), and now my AC isn't working except on "4". What's next? I just want to have a drivable car to hand in for the buyback. I also want to get into my next car ASAP.

Does anyone have any insight on cosmetic damage affecting the buyback value? I have some bumper scuffs I don't want to fix if I'm turning it in, unless it drastically affects the value. Thoughts?

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Does anyone have any insight on cosmetic damage affecting the buyback value? I have some bumper scuffs I don't want to fix if I'm turning it in, unless it drastically affects the value. Thoughts?
The only criteria for condition is that it be driven onto the lot under the power of its own engine (so, not towed).

kuklaki

TDI
2011 Audi A3 S-line//Non-TDI: 2016 Audi e-tron
There seems to be no rhyme or reason on the approval order. submitted docs 9/20.
Two of my docs were approved but the financial consent had to be re-sent. Resubmitted it on the 19th of Oct (same day they reviewed it and said I needed to resubmit a form), still waiting for it to be reviewed.
I just got a confirmation today (11/2) the doc I resubmitted on 10/19 was accepted. Now the 10 bus. Day wait.

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
I submitted my paperwork on 10/17 for my '12 Passat, my docs were accepted today, 11/2. One owner, no loan but there was no mention of the 10 day period in the email.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
I submitted my paperwork on 10/17 for my '12 Passat, my docs were accepted today, 11/2. One owner, no loan but there was no mention of the 10 day period in the email.
It wasn't actually in my email...it's on the new claim update page.

We have reviewed all of your documents. Currently, your application contains all the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer, within ten business days.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
The only criteria for condition is that it be driven onto the lot under the power of its own engine (so, not towed).
No, the requirement is that it be able to drive under its own power. There's no stipulation as to how it gets there. I could weld a mast to the roof and sail it onto the lot*, and that wouldn't affect the eligibility, as long as I can start the engine and drive it around the lot.

* Help me out here--I've posted this same thing enough in the last few days that I'm running out of outlandish ideas for how to get the car to the lot.