Polar FIS pf04 pros & cons

reason you purchased a Polar Fis unit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
I pulled my tune a month or so ago trying to sort out a fuel economy issue, put it back yesterday. Think I got the FE issue solved - dragging brake, but had a bit of trouble getting the Polar restarted after re-installing the tune. After some digging I found a suggestion to pull fuse F24 under the hood to take the power off and force a hard reboot of the Polar. Something worked because after holding the OK button for 30 seconds I was able to get back to the Polar screen.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
I miss my PolarFIS but then again I don't. I never knew any of those parameters before and really wasn't any better off once I did. More like I became a slave to the numbers, not that I really had any control over them.

Fingers crossed that the Bosch cheque shows up... Hello Malone 1.5!

dlhovland

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf Tdi manual transmission. Wife's car a 2014 toured v6 Tdi
Mine works sometimes correctly. Must of the times not. I have several tickets with auto polar . It will work for a day then quits right now my radio turns on and off frequently. I will remove it when I have time. What a wast of money

Reddixiecup

TDI
2013 JSW TDI (uncut)
Mine works sometimes correctly. Must of the times not. I have several tickets with auto polar . It will work for a day then quits right now my radio turns on and off frequently. I will remove it when I have time. What a wast of money
Mine did that. Turns out they sent me one someone sent back to them. When they replaced it with a new one, I installed it and haven’t had a single issue since.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
When they work. (y)(y) They are temperamental tho

Would really be in the dark to how much soot reduction a tune does without the input. Worth it for just that alone IMO. Some owners dont want input, generally those who's cars run a troubled life.

sauron18

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI DSG
I have a Polar FIS pf04 and not a single problem, it works great. The only thing was that my MK5 TDI 2010 had an Android Radio and it won´t turn on with the Polar FIS so i installed a OEM radio and everything is fine.

Edit: had to install an analog boost gauge for the PSI. Now i´m seeing 25-26psi max with the gauge. The Polar FIS max PSI is 23-23.5psi.

Last edited:

Lander

TDI
mk6 golf tdi
I have a Polar FIS pf04 and not a single problem, it works great. The only thing was that my MK5 TDI 2010 had an Android Radio and it won´t turn on with the Polar FIS so i installed a OEM radio and everything is fine.
Did you ever find a solution to get the android radio working? I would much prefer to have my android radio over the stock one but I can't get it to turn on either.

sauron18

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI DSG
Did you ever find a solution to get the android radio working? I would much prefer to have my android radio over the stock one but I can't get it to turn on either.
Hey sadly no. I sold the android radio before they released an update for the Polar FIS. The last update they say it improve the compatibility with aftermarket radio, they added an canbus option (automatic or single) I brought an RCD510 and now have a RCD330+ and they work perfectly fine.

Lander

TDI
mk6 golf tdi
Hey sadly no. I sold the android radio before they released an update for the Polar FIS. The last update they say it improve the compatibility with aftermarket radio, they added an canbus option (automatic or single) I brought an RCD510 and now have a RCD330+ and they work perfectly fine.
Darn ok. I'll see if I can get a newer update running on it and get it to work. I'll update here if I find anything positive!