PNW/PDX GTG Feeler

JetPuf

Veteran Member
TDI
White '98 Bug, Gray 2010 GL350
Okay, TDI people are known for their wrenching abilities. I'm curious if people want to do a driving GTG since the weather's getting nice again.

My idea would be to pick a meeting place for mid morning. Drive and stop at scenic photo opertunities and such, goto a place for lunch (dutch of course) and finish the loop back where you began with a potential dinner location.

An initial idea I had was to do an oregon cost loop. Meet at the hillsboro McMinamins around 9:00am. Drive the 3 capes scenic route of the oregon coast, stopping at different places along the way. Lunch would be at the pelican pub in Pacific City at Cape Kiwanda (really good clam chowder). finish the drive back at say..... NickLockards or somewhere for a BBQ dinner (Bringn Your Own Steak/Meat/Gardenwhatever).

:cool: :rolleyes: :cool:

TylerSales

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 New Beetle
What do you guys think about maybe a drive around the olympic peninsula? Starting down in PDX and venturing up 101? I would be more than interested in that one.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Not too sure about Dutch cuisine. Is there anything else like something local?

Other than that Bailey and I would be interested if the date works out. In fact I had that thought for here in Bend with a trip out the Cascade Lakes Highway.

mobe

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
Me six.

Great idea, Brian. A couple years back we had a WA/BC GTG in Burlington, at the VW dealer. We did some minor wrenching (mostly VAG-Com stuff) in the morning. We all sat down for a nice lunch and then went on a very fun twisty drive along the coast.

We even stopped a few times for photo ops.

I've never driven the OR coast but have always wanted to.

-Matt

Last edited:

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
I'd love to, but with the new job and weekend schedule, its really up to my boss.......
I'll bet that my wife will go though!

olywafox

TDI
2000 Golf 5-Speed Manual
Sounds like a good time.. not sure about scheduling, though.

-Nick

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
Buzzard Cake said:
When are we thinking? I'll take some pics for Oldpoopie. ;)
Well, I'm sure not thinking tonight. In fact I try to keep my thinking to a minimum, but that's just my opinion.

MMMMMM minimum... opinion.... I like typing those words. Try it, you will too.

JetPuf

Veteran Member
TDI
White '98 Bug, Gray 2010 GL350
well, since this is a feeler... we could pick any weekend between now and whenever, the weather around here is always a gamble, but we'd probly have the best turnout if we plan something in advance...

Buzzard Cake

The only weekends I know for sure won't work are the May 20th and June 17th. The husband gets his schedule about a month in advance so maybe we can do it on some Sunday when he's off. :)

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
Buzzard Cake said:
The only weekends I know for sure won't work are the May 20th and June 17th. The husband gets his schedule about a month in advance so maybe we can do it on some Sunday when he's off. :)
TMI! TMI!

Or were you talking about a GTG...:eek: