Please help: Over 3 business days and still no eft

Skeeter13

TDI
2013 VW Passat
Has anyone else had this problem?? Who did you contact??
I don't know what to do. I turned in my car on December 16 at 430 in Buffalo NY.
I've tried calling the claims dept several times and they just tell me to keep waiting but it's obvious that there's something wrong considering people who turned their cars in yesterday already got paid. I'm not sure if I'm over reacting right now but it's really stressful waiting.
Anyone know who I'm supposed to contact??

If you are reading this and have not completed your buyback, trust me and take the check! Even if I'm the 0.001% that this is happening to, it's not worth it! I'm both carless and moneyless now and not sure what to do other than keep calling and yelling at people who don't know anything

visortgw

Veteran Member
TDI
None: 2012 JSW with Sunroof (traded pre-scandal); 2014 JSW with Sunroof/Nav (early lease termination 12/17/2016)
Thank you! I'm going to email them now. I already tried calling that number. They were not able to tell me anything.
VW Class Counsel number is 800.948.2181.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Did you get an e-mail receipt from VW for your car on Dec 16?

Did you ever get an e-mail from Chase Payments, and if so, did you fill out the payment application?

From your initial post, I am uncertain exactly how far along you got.

Chase payments gets your e-mail address from VW. If you got no e-mail receipt from VW, it is unlikely that Chase even knows you exist.

If you got the e-mail from Chase, and filled out the application, you probably saw that they already had your name and e-mail address. Could you have made an error in providing a routing number and an account number for the funds to be deposited?

Skeeter13

TDI
2013 VW Passat
Did you get an e-mail receipt from VW for your car on Dec 16?

Did you ever get an e-mail from Chase Payments, and if so, did you fill out the payment application?

From your initial post, I am uncertain exactly how far along you got.

Chase payments gets your e-mail address from VW. If you got no e-mail receipt from VW, it is unlikely that Chase even knows you exist.

If you got the e-mail from Chase, and filled out the application, you probably saw that they already had your name and e-mail address. Could you have made an error in providing a routing number and an account number for the funds to be deposited?
Yes I got the e-mail receipt from VW after I turned in the car.

I did not get the e-mail from Chase. So I have not entered any banking information.

The lady from Chase said that she has no information about me when I gave her my name saying that VW has not sent over my file to them yet.

Thanks for the phone number! I will call class counsel tomorrow and hopefully they can help me out!
Thanks guys!

vintovka

Banned
TDI
NO MORE VW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We dumped ours yesterday, got VW email that evening and Chase EFT email an hour ago. They said actual funds would transfer in 1-2 days. NO chase email means something is wrong to me.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Yep, somehow the ball got dropped between VW and Chase.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Keep working the claims line and PSC until it gets escalated. This has similarities to Caymen not getting paid after turn-in, except he didn't get the VW recepit, either.

Skeeter13

TDI
2013 VW Passat
Over 96 business hours (4 business days) and still no e-mail from Chase!

I've tried calling the counsel and e-mail, no one has gotten back to me which is not surprising considering how many people are probably trying to contact them.

The VW claims people finally agreed that there's something wrong and "escalated" the problem, whatever that means.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
The VW claims people finally agreed that there's something wrong and "escalated" the problem, whatever that means.
Dang. Just stay persistent with the phone calls. We've seen from some other members that VW has in place a procedure to deal with this, but the struggle is "getting heard" so that the resolution gets put in motion.

bring

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta SEL, DSG
Over 96 business hours (4 business days) and still no e-mail from Chase!
I've tried calling the counsel and e-mail, no one has gotten back to me which is not surprising considering how many people are probably trying to contact them.

I'm still waiting for my receipt - be happy you made it that far

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
<snip
If you are reading this and have not completed your buyback, trust me and take the check! Even if I'm the 0.001% that this is happening to, it's not worth it! <snip>
{To first address the title of the post: I'm not in a position to help you.}

When it comes time for our buyback, I will most certainly go for the EFT. Why should your experience (and you admit you may be only an exception / outlier / tiny minority) govern my opinions toward EFT or my actions? We use EFT on a monthly basis to pay bills that we can't charge to a cash-back credit card, and it's always been smooth and flawless. Until that changes, I'm unlikely to change my opinion of EFT.

Restart100

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
I mentioned in another thread - it took me 4 business days (almost) to get Chase email. I called the VW claims line and raised a stink about it. I asked the rep to put her supervisor on the phone. After a little back and forth she finally connected me with her supervisor. Explained situation to the supervisor after which she put me on hold for a little while. Supervisor came back on the line and said she wasn't sure what happened but would "get it resolved within 24 hours." Well, about 3 hours later, I got an email from Chase.

My gut feel is there was a communication breakdown between VW and Chase, and me calling and raising a fuss somehow fixed it.

They are legally required by the settlement terms to get your EFT within 3 business days. That's a powerful nugget of info you may want to waive around.

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
They are legally required by the settlement terms to get your EFT within 3 business days. That's a powerful nugget of info you may want to waive around.
They're legally required by the settlement terms to generate an offer letter within ten business days after approving your documents, too, and we've seen how powerful that nugget of info is.

raff

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen (gone)
Unlike some others who turned their cars in on 12/22 -- I've gotten nothing except the receipt printed at the end of the buyback process.
No email from VW, no e-mail from Chase.
Time to start calling on Tueeday.

Skeeter13

TDI
2013 VW Passat
Unlike some others who turned their cars in on 12/22 -- I've gotten nothing except the receipt printed at the end of the buyback process.
Good luck Raff! Same thing happened to me and I turned my car in on Dec 16. If you have any success please let me know! I've been calling every day and it hasn't got me anywhere

fawn799

TDI
Jetta
I turned my car in yesterday 12/27. Was told within 24 hours I would get an email from Chase, if not I was to call. I called the number after 28 hours. I was told they have 5 days from the turn in to contact us and then another 5 days to complete the EFT. The Chase guy told me I was lied to at the appt. So what else is new.

BlueGruff

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW DSG; 2017 Jetta 1.8T Sedan
I turned my car in yesterday 12/27. Was told within 24 hours I would get an email from Chase, if not I was to call. I called the number after 28 hours. I was told they have 5 days from the turn in to contact us and then another 5 days to complete the EFT. The Chase guy told me I was lied to at the appt. So what else is new.

I received email from VW stating thhe following:
"You will receive email notification from JP Morgan Chase (donotreplyChasePayments@jpmorgan.com) within 3 business days of the buyback closing."

Since your buyback closed on 12/27, you can expect Chase email by 12/30. So if you don't receive by then, well then VW lied. Or you can blame the Chase Rep, whichever is convenient for you to blame.

fawn799

TDI
Jetta
My receipt doesn't give a time for hearing from Chase. The 24 hours came from the lady who completed the buyback.

raff

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen (gone)
UPDATE:
Egg on my face. Turns out the e-mail address that I entered on my Claim profile many months ago had a typo in it --
So naturally the EFT letter from Chase never arrived.

Called Chase and explained the situation -- they can pull up my e-mail address but they cannot correct it -- only VW can do that.

After speaking with 4 different VW people -- finally found a person who get her supervisor's supervisor involved --
they promised to send my "correct" e-maill address to Chase so everything could proceed normally and I should receove the EFT notice in 3 - 5 dyas.
Substituting a check instead at this point would not be a easier path.

Moral of the story -- if you have not gotten e-mails from VW or Chase,
check your e-mail that's part of your profile.

fawn799

TDI
Jetta
Finally. Email from Chase received a little over 30 hours after from turning in my car. Of course I was asleep. At 7 AM (8 hours later) I sent my bank info. Within 24 hours, the money was in my account. Just waiting for my VW loan to be paid off and it will finally be over.

plap17

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI/DSG
I had my appt today, 330. The agent told me, likely next Tues/Wed - which given the holiday i realize makes some sense. Unless something makes it thru tomorrow, Monday is a bank holiday. we shall see.

jimi179

TDI
1978 rabbit diesel, 2012 tdi golf buyback 12/29 done
I turned in my car on 12/28,36 hours later i got the email from chase..signed in,,,transferred it to my
chase checking account..2 bus days...Tuesday
,i should be done

tango_28

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 JSW(sold 2011) , 2009 JSW RIP 1-5-2013, 2011 JSW
Turn in my car 12/30 at 10:am, I haven't received anything yet from Chase. Not worried til Jan 4.

BlueGruff

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW DSG; 2017 Jetta 1.8T Sedan
Turn in my car 12/30 at 10:am, I haven't received anything yet from Chase. Not worried til Jan 4.

I turned in the car on 12/30 6:30pm. I expect the Chase email no later than 1/5 Friday. Then I expect loan payoff by mid January followed 10 days later by the overage. So everything should be settled before Feb.

nobodyhome17

TDI
2010 A3 2014 Q5
They're legally required by the settlement terms to generate an offer letter within ten business days after approving your documents, too, and we've seen how powerful that nugget of info is.
In the same boat. Turned in after 1600 on 12/30. Currently (2045 1/1) no chase email. Figure after 3 business days, I'm reporting it stolen since contractually I wasn't compensated.

millerman61

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI Premium w/Nav, DSG. Bought back on 12/23/16
In the same boat. Turned in after 1600 on 12/30. Currently (2045 1/1) no chase email. Figure after 3 business days, I'm reporting it stolen since contractually I wasn't compensated.
Turned in after 1600 on 12/30 I would say is not a countable day. Weekend days are not business days. 1/2 is recognized as a holiday since 1/1 fell on a Sunday. If you count the three business days I wouldn't expect to hear anything before 1/5 or 1/6.

However, in my case I turned mine in on 12/23. I received my email at 1945 on 12/26 (recognized holiday) and my EFT was in my account on the morning of 12/28.

Tfuce

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf TDI
Vehicle turned in at 4 pm on Wednesday 12/21. Email from Chase on evening of Friday 12/23. EFT to account by following Tuesday or Wednesday (I was out of town).

Very pleased with the process.

Thanks everyone for all the great information on this site. Signing off for now. We'll meet again someday ;).

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
...after 3 business days, I'm reporting it stolen...
Don't do something hasty / rash like this. Won't get you anywhere. PD has better things to do than play games. Just chill and report back this week when your email arrives.