Please help me figure out my limp mode

H8GAS

TDI
2003 Jetta w/manual tranny
So I replaced all the vacuum lines yesterday and broke the nipple on the ASV in the process (I'm looking to replace it). Today I pulled the EGR off and cleaned it out and put everything back together. I plugged the vacuum line that goes into the ASV with a golf tee. There is nothing connected to the flap valve that the ASV connects to right now, should it be tied in the open position right now. I buttoned everything back up and went for a drive. Now it is in limp mode. My wife is driving it and told me that the battery light is also flickering on/off. Fortunately she is very close to home in case I have to go get her.

I have not checked it for codes yet since she has the car. I will do that when she gets home. Can somebody point me in the right direction of where to start? Or should I just post the codes on here first?

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
I would definitely tie open the asv. Are you sure you put all the vacuum lines back on the right connections? I wouldn't think the battery light flickering would be related to your limp mode.

H8GAS

TDI
If 1 doesn't occur, of if 2 fixes the problem; find the vacuum leak. Vacuum is drawn from the rigid line. The line splits twice such that you have 4 unregulated vac lines. One to the N18 (EGR), one to the N75 (turbo), one to the vacuum reservoir and one to the N239 (anti-shudder valve).

This is from your limp mode fix advise.

I had about 28 psi when I did step one, hook up the mity-vac to the "vac" line and start the car. Step two did fix the problem. Does this mean that the problem lies with one of the four unregulated vacuum lines?

H8GAS

TDI
Also, if I run the car with the line connected from the brake booster hard line to the "vac" port on the N75, will the car run similar to as if I had a race pipe installed? IE, run fine with no EGR or ASV function.