Please help me decide on nozzles for my B4

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
I need some advice about possibly upgrading my nozzles. Currently I have Sprint 520's & RC3+ and the car moves nicely with a little bit of smoke if I really get into it. The clutch is a VR6.

I'm having Whitbread make & install a custom 2.5" downpipe & full exhaust. I'll also be putting on a PD150 intake manifold.

I figured since he already had the car, maybe I should upgrade the nozzles too. What would increase power but still not smoke with this set up? Will I have to have my chip retuned for the new nozzles?

I'm thinking PP520 or PP764 but am really looking for advice at this point. Down the road the turbo will be upgraded to a 17/22 or bigger.

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Anyone? I'm leaning towards PP520's at this point. Any reason to go to PP764's?

hgeittmann

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
I don't think PP520s would be much of a change (and thus not worth the money), you'd probably barely feel it. FWIW, I got less smoke with PP520s in A4 bodies than w/ Sprint520s and RC3 in my B4. Power felt the same. If you don't like smoking, I'd sit tight til you do the turbo upgrade.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
I agree with Hans. Stick with what you have Jason, and then when the turbo comes, get the nozzles (which I would say Race520 at that point). Got the Ecode levelers working btw.

Maybe possibly go with the DC Mercedes turbo kits to go even bigger than my wagon =) Or have Matt get you there.

Hey Hans!

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
Thanks Hans & Jeremy. I'll sit tight until I decide if I'm going for a big turbo or not. This really does start to snowball doesn't it?

Jeremy, it's good to hear that you got the levelers working. I'd like to drive in your car someday. :)