Picture request: Where/How do you mount your Scangauge?

Livefreeordie89

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
As the title states, Im looking for new ideas where and how to mount my Scangauge 2. The velcro I am using keeps falling off in the heat and I'm looking for a more permanent solution.

torrimac

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Sedan DSG
I have mine mounted just a little above that, On the lip at the bottom of the gauge cluster. Cable runs down in behind the wheel and is coiled and zip tied. I have Engine load, Volts, EGT, and water temp on mine.

What is CAT? is that another exhaust temp reading? I could never get my boost to work right. The Numbers always read in the 50's.

Best thing I could have ever purchased.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I don't know if all of these are the same on the Jetta, but here is my programming on the Passat:

EGT1 (pre-turbo): This is useful for monitoring warm-up mode and temps going into the turbo. This will change very rapidly as you change the accelerator position.
TXD: 07DF0178
RXF: 054106780000
RXD: 3810
MTH: 00090032FFD8
NAM: EGT

CAT B1S1: This is useful for monitoring regeneration activity. Anything over 1000F is a regen.
TXD: 07DF013C
RXF: 0441053C0000
RXD: 2810
MTH: 00090032FFD8
NAM: DPF

Boost pressure: This is useful for monitoring boost pressure. You should see 0 PSI with the ignition on and the engine off. You should see a max of 23.0 PSI on a stock tune.
TXD: 07DF0170
RXF: 054186700000
RXD: 3810
MTH: 00910BB8FF64 (for sea level - you'll need to adjust the last 4 digits if you live at altitude in order to get to 0 PSI with the ignition on and the engine off. Also note that the baseline will change with atmospheric pressure as you change altitude.)
NAM: BST

Water Temperature: This is useful for monitoring actual water temperature
This is a normal gauge - no XGAUGE required, just cycle through the presets.

This is, in my opinion, the most useful information to monitor on a modern TDI.

RZB

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Got some industrial strength velcro (the stuff that isn't fuzzy, but more like plastic) and attached it to the trim piece beneath the climate controls; has not fallen off once even in cold and heat.
I drilled a hole in the back corner of the pocket / cubby in front of the gear shift, and tucked the cord underneath the dash. The result is a near invisibly mounted, wireless appearing SGII.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB

Mine just sits here. there is a lip it sits behind on my 09. I have the cord wrapped under the steering wheel and snaked up to the right of the spedo. a couple black velcro wraps manage loose coil of the excess cord, which I also tie to the Garmin traffic receiver cord. it all sits pretty stable.

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium

Mine just sits here. there is a lip it sits behind on my 09. I have the cord wrapped under the steering wheel and snaked up to the right of the spedo. a couple black velcro wraps manage loose coil of the excess cord, which I also tie to the Garmin traffic receiver cord. it all sits pretty stable.
I built a bracket that hangs it from the rearview mirror will post up some pictures when I get some

Well I have a picture but have no idea on how to upload it I searched and I know there is a how to someplace but I can't find it. Oh well

Last edited:

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
I keep mine like that too. result is a little between the 3 and 6 o'clock positions.

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
I prefer the "out of sight" mounting location.
yeah that is a nice place there and what is nice there is removable panel that you can replace in case you mess it up (don't ask how I know :mad:) lucky it's not to expensive. I bought 2 just to have a spare.