Pics of Samoa Red?

VWYankee

Veteran Member
TDI
Sportwagen for her and lil' red wagon for me
I've been talking to many dealers trying to get the color/options we want for this vehicle that seems to be getting snatched up constantly. One dealer said they were getting one in that was Samoa Red. I've never seen the color, and he said it's almost like a black cherry color (where it really doesn't look red, except in certain sunlight, and it looks black at night... His description sounds very cool, if it's accurate. Has anyone seen this color? VW.com's color chooser when building your own is terrible at translating true colors, so I'm not even going to believe it's anywhere close to the actual color.

Cheers,

Don Splaun

Veteran Member
TDI
None now
The dealer has ine here that I drove. It is a very good looking color on the Passat. Almost a dark brown with a red tint. It really shows off the chrome trim. Don

DZLPOWR

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat wagon
A dealer here in Colorado said that the public's response to this color has been awful. He said imagine chocolate brown with purple thrown in. I haven't personally seen it, however.

eluwak

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5sp Pkg 2 Black/Anthracite
[ QUOTE ]
A dealer here in Colorado said that the public's response to this color has been awful. He said imagine chocolate brown with purple thrown in. I haven't personally seen it, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my first choice in color but I'd have to agree that public response has been awful at best. My dealer had a Samoa Red Passat Sedan 1.8T and it's been there forever now. I would describe it as a very deep metalic Burgandy color.

geon116

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Passat GLS Wagon, Silverstone
I think during the "color meeting" the presenter actually suggested Sedona Red and the person who actually makes the decision was sitting way in the back and scribbled down Samoa Red. I don't know a lot of Samoans who have VWs. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Frankly, I don't know any Samoans--I'm sure they own them.

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
[quote
My dealer had a Samoa Red Passat Sedan 1.8T and it's been there forever now. I would describe it as a very deep metalic Burgandy color.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...maybe could get the Passat for a discount since it's been there for a while? I had a dealer give me a discount once because he couldn't get rid of his "white" cars. No lie...I got an additional $1500 (this was many years ago before all the incentives started) just because he couldn't move them and had been paying taxes out the wazoo on the ones sitting. Might be worth a try there???