Pics of my new A3 TDI

UTAH

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 A3 TDI/DSG
Mirana is a 2012 A3 TDI Premium born in December 2011 in Ingolstadt, Germany. I've had her for 3 weeks. The only mods are the splash guards and I have the front plate filler ordered.

Her stats:
Ibis White
Black leather
DSG
S-line features
Pano-style sunroof
Concert sound
Auto/dual-climate controls
Cold Weather package
Fog lights
Multi-function steering wheel
Bluetooth package
All-weather mats
Splash guards

Bill

26point2

TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI SLine P+
Very nice. I like the "Clean Diesel" sticker in the back window. Did it come with the car?

Mine did, but since I don't like stickers on the car I pulled it off and stuck in on my tool box. Audi did send a nice polished metal license plate bracket that says Clean Diesel. I still have the TDIClub "Yes it's a diesel" bracket that I had on the Jetta...so I put the Audi one on the garage wall.

UTAH

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 A3 TDI/DSG
Mine did, but since I don't like stickers on the car I pulled it off and stuck in on my tool box. Audi did send a nice polished metal license plate bracket that says Clean Diesel.
I'm struggling with that same issue of whether or not to leave the "clean diesel" sticker on. If Audi sends me a plate like they did you and I like it, that will make the decision to take off the sticker easy.

Bill

CRdeesl

TDI
2012 a3 tdi
I'm struggling with that same issue of whether or not to leave the "clean diesel" sticker on. If Audi sends me a plate like they did you and I like it, that will make the decision to take off the sticker easy.

Bill
I've got both on mine :p My first diesel so I'm in the mood to advertise, lol.

26point2

TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI SLine P+

Bill
We got the plate about a month and a half after purchase.

maroonfrog1

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 TDI S-Line 2011
.... The only mods are the splash guards and I have the front plate filler ordered....
My '11 A3 has most of the specs you've listed, except for the splash guards. After the rainy first quarter we've had in DFW, I'm sorry I didn't order splash guards. Did you get those from the dealer or aftermarket?

Thanks!

UTAH

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 A3 TDI/DSG
I'm sorry I didn't order splash guards. Did you get those from the dealer or aftermarket?
They are an Audi product and dealer installed as part of the deal. Be careful of the aftermarket parts as the ones I found online do not necessarily fit the S-Line cars we've got. Make sure the ones you consider specifically state they fit the S-Line A3.

Our Winters are pretty messy here with all the salt and sand spread on the roads to combat ice. Without splash guards the sides of the cars get sandblasted for 4 months out of the year. As you can see from the pics, the splash guards aren't very big - but they do keep the big stuff off the sides of the car.

Bill

grifter13

TDI
Audi A3
Congrats on the purchase. Oddly enough, I made the almost the exact same purchase around your time period as well. Have you inquired about buying a service manual for our car? If so, did you have any luck with it?

UTAH

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 A3 TDI/DSG
Have you inquired about buying a service manual for our car? If so, did you have any luck with it?
Your car looks beautiful. I think the front end of the A3 is one of the best in the industry.

Ehhh... I think this is my 6th diesel (and 3rd TDI). I'm not claiming to be any pro mechanic, but I do feel pretty comfortable with the maintenance and inspections required.

I think some of the best info to be found is right here on this site (but not in the A3 forum). The Golf/Jetta/SportsWagen VI forums tend to have more info (simply due to popularity) on our engines and chassis. I also spend some time over at VWvortex.com as well.

Bill

chetdi

TDI
2012 A3, 2011 JSW
Looks beautiful! I bought mine back in mid-October. I was really torn between getting a white or black one. In the end, I went with black. I love it, but I love the white just as much- I'll probably go with that next time around. :)

Totally agree that the front-end is the best looking one around. I actually just ordered my license plate filler on Friday. Figured it's time to get all of the aesthetics in order. :)