UPDATED --- WTS abandoned project 15 Golf SEL 6Spd at MR Chills Mass shop - $15,000

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
I'm about to leave the state for a long time and can't keep waiting on this to get finished or what ever so it's up for grabs
You give me 15k and i give you the title which i have in hand then you talk to Chris about what to do next, have him finish it, pay for his labor and parts then you take as is maybe? not sure but at that point it's your car and you can do whatever you want

Blue with black interior 2015 Golf, SEL, 6spd lighting package 140k on the dash 75k on the new motor
Rawtek down pipe and Malone stage 2 was on it but will get correct tuning for the CP3/turbo/mods once complete

work in progress......
brand new CP3, GTD2060 turbo, Waivetrac diff, Sachs DMF clutch and full timing belt service along with other small parts needed
donor long block was from a 15 golf off ebay with a warranty and about 75k on it with a recipt/paperwork.

dropped the car off late summer and everything is there, $3,000 deposit for his work and parts (cp3/turbo), once Mr Chill gets it together it will be a fun car

would entertain trading for another deleted golf in good working order that i can drive across the country with out issues

Last edited:

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Mr chill said he is close to finishing it and also closer to when i am leaving for the west coast so i'd still prefer to sell it

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
asking for a friend, What is the current estimate for his work?
i.o.w.: $15k to you, then how much more to release a mechanic's lien?

Golf Wang

TDI
2016 Touareg TDI Exec
What kinda power is anticipated with these mods? 250HP, 400TQ? Efficiency still in the upper 40’s? I want a 15 TDI so bad

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
asking for a friend, What is the current estimate for his work?
i.o.w.: $15k to you, then how much more to release a mechanic's lien?
I figure 3-4k, maybe even 5 depending on what the tuner does.
There isn’t any lien it’s just not finished and no total bill has been calculated.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
What kinda power is anticipated with these mods? 250HP, 400TQ? Efficiency still in the upper 40’s? I want a 15 TDI so bad

I was talking to Adam about this last year and while he has a different engine than me but similar power could be had with my set up. He gets in the 40s and even 50s at times so who knows what you’ll get. Plus you don’t buy this car for MPGs anyway.

Stock this car got 36-38 mpg for the 70k I had it then last 10k deleted and tuned it got the same.
I can send you my Fuelly log if you really need it but it’s not all that impressive.

edit…….

mine with stock injectors will be the low 200s, modded or different injectors 250 is possible.
this will come with an extra set of injectors and all the original parts/extras if the buyer wants.

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Just curious- what happened to the original engine?

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Just curious- what happened to the original engine?
Something just came apart in the valve train, I was doing about 70, calmly driving to get off a long exit ramp, dropped into neutral to coast and felt something but wasn’t sure, realized the car was off so I tried to restart it and nothing. Coasted into a parking lot.

Had it towed the 3 miles to my house where I trouble shot it a little then had my uncle pick it up to work on it. Pulled the valve cover to find a mess of parts so it was down hill from there.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Will be finished Saturday and I’m driving it home.
After this I’ll be keeping it or selling it for more money.

comes with the extra parts, 2 stock turbos and CP4 pumps that are good. Then the other random engine parts that might be good or useable

Last edited:

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Your bio says "CT", which I'm guessing is Connecticut (?). But the car has Montana plates - so the car is located...where?

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
CT charges yearly property tax on cars. Registering in Montana, which allows out-of-state LLC registrations avoids it.
yes but this is registered to my brother because the dealership jerked me around for so long the CT reg lapsed as it wouldn't pass emissions and then i had to go to Texas for mil training. dealership didn't care at all, VWoA didn't care either so i had to take my still broken car back to drive it there. in the mean time i had my brother register it so i had a legal car since i'd be going on/off base daily and wasn't sure if they'd check.

it was then fixed in Texas by deleting and tuning it

after i got back home the engine blew resulting in this nightmare of a project i have now since he was simply not doing anything for months.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
also the car runs and drives now, waiting on Dr Volks to get done tuning it and working the final bugs out

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
car is running and driving, put about 600 miles on it so far and i am working with Malone to get it tuned correctly.

i wanted to get this all dialed in correctly and relist for 25 but now i do not have the time, if anyone had 20,000 and want's it hit me up

lemoncurd

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 CJAA GTB2266
CT charges yearly property tax on cars. Registering in Montana, which allows out-of-state LLC registrations avoids it.
but then you need to buy business automotive insurance, right?
i have been looking at getting my car registered under an LLC but that business insurance is wicked expensive

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
i have been looking at getting my car registered under an LLC but that business insurance is wicked expensive
no and no it's not.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Well the car is in Montana now and I have almost 3,000 on the new install.
Needs VCDS logging and Malone work to finish the tune.

Shoot me some offers

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
It depends upon your insurance carrier & agent. I have been successful in having entity owned vehicles insured as personal vehicles when their usage is essentially personal: Not commercially used. Not driven by employees. Parked at personal residence. Etc.

GLWS

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
It depends upon your insurance carrier & agent. I have been successful in having entity owned vehicles insured as personal vehicles when their usage is essentially personal: Not commercially used. Not driven by employees. Parked at personal residence. Etc.

GLWS
Yup. My F450 is LLC registered and commercially insured with full coverage, roadside and a 60k pay off/replacement value. Yearly $1150 payment since I pay all at once to save around 300 vs monthly

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Also open to possible trades and cash for a modded mk4 with a 6spd or a mk6/7 golf but prefer an easier cash sale.

With being in remote ID and not having the ability to wrench on this easily I need to let it go.

I’ll be driving the car to Billings Montana next weekend to drop it off with my brother who will handle selling it since I have basically no service where I’m at. Really easy for someone to fly in and drive it home as he can see the ATC tower from his driveway.