Phoenix area TDI owners, post if you're still here

boosimasjohnson

TDI
ALH
Hi
Downtown Phoenix
Just registered. Been driving a Golf Mk7 for about a year, but learned of forum from Acme Adapters as I’m looking to swap an ALH into a 1986 Suzuki Samurai. Any direction/links to relevant build threads appreciated. Thanks for having me!

mulepic

TDI
Audi Q7
I'm here. We have a 2014 Q7 TDI Prestige w/ air-suspension and 'off-road' body effects. It's a great car. I VCDS and I just started using ICarSoft which seems to work just as well and on more cars. We also have a 2011 A3 TDI. I'm always on the hunt for a Q7 TDI wide-body w/ air-suspension.

Physicsdog

TDI
Still looking
Northern part just south of Willow Lake.
Just moved to Prescott - sorry to bother you ROMAD (USAF Million Dollar Jeep?) Can you be just a little more specific on the location of the trusted TDI mechanic shop? or are you the mechanic? All I can find is the German Auto Service on the Authorized Dealer search. Thanks and Prescott is amazing.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Just moved to Prescott - sorry to bother you ROMAD (USAF Million Dollar Jeep?) Can you be just a little more specific on the location of the trusted TDI mechanic shop? or are you the mechanic? All I can find is the German Auto Service on the Authorized Dealer search. Thanks and Prescott is amazing.
There isn't one that I know of. When I busted my oil pan coming back from Jerome, I used Prescott Import Car Service on the corner of Ruth and W. Hillside. They did a good job but won't use parts you supply and I had to talk them into ordering the hybrid oil pan instead of the OEM all cast aluminum pan. There is another place called European Auto Technicians at 1125 Haining off of Iron Springs Road, but I don't know about them. I went to the one nearest to me.

I'm thinking of having a small workshop/garage built behind my house if the cost is reasonable so I have a place to put all my tools and store parts for both my Jetta & Miata. BTW, for my Miata I use Adams Specialty Automotive Repair at 347 Lincoln, just off Grove/Miller Valley.

ROMAD was my job in the USAF: Radio Operator Maintainer And Driver. I was part of a Tactical Air Control Party providing Close Air Support to US Army units.

BTW, do you know about the Cars and Coffee on the 4th Saturday of each month outside 3rd Shot Coffee at Gateway Mall?

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Where is the Gaateway Mall? I am in Tucson area, but would enjoy a get together. Also, what time? Thanks
The time is 8:30 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. but it is over 3 hours one-way from Tucson. Basically you take I-10 north to I-17 then continue north on I-17 to Exit 262 and take AZ-69 to Prescott. This is the closest address to where everyone parks: Third Shot Coffee, 3106 Gateway Blvd Suite 400, Prescott, AZ 86303 This isn't a TDI GTG but just about any cars show up. There have been cars from the 1930s to 2022 (it was a Rivian R1T). When I go, I take my Miata.

Physicsdog

TDI
Still looking
I have worked with ROMADs when I was in the DMZ in Korea ‘75-‘76, RESPECT…

We called them “Million Dollar Jeeps - affectionately.

i drove by the place on Ruth St. And Hillside this afternoon. I will certainly try and get to the meet up for Cars and Coffee. I haven’t found my VW TDI just yet but I am on the hunt now. I will be the guy in the blue Mahindra Roxor. If you attend, I would enjoy meeting you and I’ll spring for the coffee. Snoopy, if you drive up to the meeting I’ll buy you a cup too!

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I have worked with ROMADs when I was in the DMZ in Korea ‘75-‘76, RESPECT…

We called them “Million Dollar Jeeps - affectionately.

i drove by the place on Ruth St. And Hillside this afternoon. I will certainly try and get to the meet up for Cars and Coffee. I haven’t found my VW TDI just yet but I am on the hunt now. I will be the guy in the blue Mahindra Roxor. If you attend, I would enjoy meeting you and I’ll spring for the coffee. Snoopy, if you drive up to the meeting I’ll buy you a cup too!
Coffee's free as are the pastries. I'll probably be in my 1990 blue Miata.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
BTW, do you know about the Cars and Coffee on the 4th Saturday of each month outside 3rd Shot Coffee at Gateway Mall?
I didn't know about this, I may have to bring the B4.

Snoopysmiles, if you do come to the area in the B4 I'll have a look at it. Sorry I haven't gotten down to Tucson but it's quite a drive and we usually have things going on locally.

snoopy smiles

TDI
B4 and Touareg

Snoopysmiles, if you do come to the area in the B4 I'll have a look at it. Sorry I haven't gotten down to Tucson but it's quite a drive and we usually have things going on locally.

I am planning to come but will come Friday -stay in a local hotel- due to the distance. Looking forward to meeting . I have two phones - 541-591-1430 and 541-591-4376 - so you know its not a spam call

Physicsdog

TDI
Still looking
Although I cannot fix things as I am inept, I will still buy all the coffee at Third Shot while we are all at The Gateway Mall on the 28th. (Yes I know the coffee is free but it still sounds like a magnanimous gesture on my part). Hoping to see you both and also hoping ROMAD can make it too!

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, keep a look out for a 1990 blue Miata. Of course it will depend on the weather so if it snows I may use the Jetta.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Still here too. Next time you guys organize a GTG let me know. My restaurant parking lot is huge, and I can host a daytime gathering.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Remember this is NOT a TDI type GTG but just a general Cars & Coffee meeting for any type of vehicle. Once there was a restored military truck along with the usual Corvettes, Miatas, Triumphs, Fords from the 30s, etc. at the last one I attended there was a Rivian EV.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Duly noted, but there is no reason we can't have a mini-TDI GTG.

I met the guy who bought the first Rivian in our county (Yavapai), he ordered it 2 years previous to it being delivered but said it was an incredible vehicle and worth the weight.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Duly noted, but there is no reason we can't have a mini-TDI GTG.

I met the guy who bought the first Rivian in our county (Yavapai), he ordered it 2 years previous to it being delivered but said it was an incredible vehicle and worth the weight.
That must have been who brought the one to the recent Cars & Coffee. I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner.

Vwkaferman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Still here. Living near Verrado. Buckeye Area. Is there a list of Trusted mechanics??
I literally just got off the phone with Autobahn Motorworks in Northern Phoenix. The trusted mechanics thread (or maybe this one, heck I can't remember) said that they're still reputable. Gonna have them change my timing belt (pre-emptive strike, bought the car with 140,XXX miles, now is nearing 157,XXX miles so get it done time). Pump is starting to leak a little. I can smell diesel but it's not quite hitting the ground like my Cummins haha so gonna have them take a gander too.

Autobahn Motorwerks, 2001 W Cheryl Dr #3b, Phoenix, AZ 85021
+1-623-435-6989

James

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
We’re still planning on meeting tomorrow at Third Shot Coffee, 3106 Gateway Blvd Suite 400, Prescott. Snoopy Smiles is in the area as well. I’m going to do some work on her B4 after coffee, if anyone wants to tag along they are more than welcome. I only live about 20 minutes from there.

TDiFrontier

TDI
2006 Jetta 1.9 TDI, 2010 Jetta 2.0 TDI
I'm on Broadway and 101 in Tempe. Got my homebrew special...2006 BRM... if you see a white bonnet, bumper, and front left fender on a blue Jetta...it's me. Lol.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
You guys do anything since Jan? I’m still rocking an ALH golf with all the goodies here in Central Phoenix.
Not since then. I have one of Snoopy Smiles B4’s in the yard waiting on parts for a TB change, front main seal, and a host of other minor issues. Been working 2 jobs doing 12+ hour days during the transition (training my replacement at the lab) so I haven’t had much time.