Phoenix area TDI owners, post if you're still here

snoopy smiles

TDI
B4 and Touareg
I was active in the mid-2000's and we used to have GTG's several times a year. Usually cleaning intakes, installing performance parts, adding train horns (@jamest, @azbioguy, @rmorgan?). We even had a separate "Arizona TDIClub" forum, which became "Southwest TDIClub" (and faded away). Memories.

Anyway, I'm guessing it's a whole new owner base on here now as all my TDI friends have ditched their TDI's while I'm on my 5th. Dieselgate seemed to have been the nail in the coffin for the old guard.

So...who else is here, and what part of the valley are you in? Anyone with VCDS?
east of Tucson in Vail, so somewhat close to Phoenix. Have a B4 TDI Passat - looking for another tdi

05MK4TDI

TDI
2005 Volkswagen Jetta BEW
I was active in the mid-2000's and we used to have GTG's several times a year. Usually cleaning intakes, installing performance parts, adding train horns (@jamest, @azbioguy, @rmorgan?). We even had a separate "Arizona TDIClub" forum, which became "Southwest TDIClub" (and faded away). Memories.

Anyway, I'm guessing it's a whole new owner base on here now as all my TDI friends have ditched their TDI's while I'm on my 5th. Dieselgate seemed to have been the nail in the coffin for the old guard.

So...who else is here, and what part of the valley are you in? Anyone with VCDS?
Just picked up my 2005 Volkswagen Jetta BEW PD 5 speed in January 2021! I've done very minor mods, but I'm going to Tuning Gruppe in mesa and getting a mild tune on it soon! I'm super excited! as far as emissions go, do you think I can pass Maricopa county emissions with a full straight pipe, EGR delete, and a mild tune?

snoopy smiles

TDI
B4 and Touareg
Just picked up my 2005 Volkswagen Jetta BEW PD 5 speed in January 2021! I've done very minor mods, but I'm going to Tuning Gruppe in mesa and getting a mild tune on it soon! I'm super excited! as far as emissions go, do you think I can pass Maricopa county emissions with a full straight pipe, EGR delete, and a mild tune?
I am in the Tucson area. A get together sounds wonderful. I would like to connect with others who know what to do on a TDI - and how to do it. I would like to have a B4 or B4v tdi.

Vwkaferman

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
I passed in Mesa this year with a stage IV Malone tune (2003 ALH). The tech 100% checked that I still had a cat on so I have a feeling you won’t pass if you straight pipe. They’re getting wise.

Have also seen a mobile emissions testing van on the side of the road.Testing cars as they pass through the sensors, not sure if the EPA smackdown is around the corner…

James

05MK4TDI

TDI
2005 Volkswagen Jetta BEW
I passed in Mesa this year with a stage IV Malone tune (2003 ALH). The tech 100% checked that I still had a cat on so I have a feeling you won’t pass if you straight pipe. They’re getting wise.

Have also seen a mobile emissions testing van on the side of the road.Testing cars as they pass through the sensors, not sure if the EPA smackdown is around the corner…

James
shoot well…. i passed mesa emissions in apache junction off of iron wood earlier this year in january. i had a muffler delete and they didn’t care. they didn’t check either to see if i had my cat or any emissions devices. they just revved it a couple times and then passed me through. i want to get a proper 3 inch exhaust with a muffler and a cat but they’re so expensive and it’s not a priority. when they emissions checked me they attached a sniffer and an obdii scanner to check for codes. i head that location is lenient and especially with diesels so that’s why i went there

Vwkaferman

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
05MK4TDI, interesting, I might have to go there. I usually go to the one up near Greenfield and McKellips. I'll have to try that one in AJ. Muffler delete shouldn't be a problem as turbo's are considered "mufflers" ;). It's just the other stuff I think they're going to start turning screws on.

James