Personalized plate suggestions!?

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
No Hpfpf

Nohpfpf

Why is my post being "corrected" to not all caps? I entered all caps, but it gets fixed when I post.

Last edited:

ajlockfeld

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW DSG Pano Silver/Anth
adrienne said:
after much deliberating and good-natured voting amongst friends, I'm going with IZ A DZL. yes, it means "is a diesel" but it's also a play on words for those that know me. "Iz" is my nickname (Izzy) and my folks speak French/visits France often, so it becomes "Izzy (at/to/in/with/has) diesel" :D
And *** is Santa Venecia? ;) I used to live in So Cal and have been to *Venice* .... IZ A DZL is great - YES, it needs a TDI club frame around it!

cruisinflatout

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf. 1996 Golf.
What's up with the off center lettering? Is that normal for Florida plates (personalized or not) ?

Not sure I like that at all - cool plate though :)

bdisco

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 4dr Golf & '12 T-Reg.
What's up with the off center lettering? Is that normal for Florida plates (personalized or not) ?

Not sure I like that at all - cool plate though :)
Maybe I should put a Porsche badge on the end to fill in the blank space and give the cops another reason to pull me over.

Edit : Howbout TDI FTW

Last edited:

adrienne

TDI
2010 JSW TDI
ajlockfeld said:
And *** is Santa Venecia? ;) I used to live in So Cal and have been to *Venice* .... IZ A DZL is great - YES, it needs a TDI club frame around it!
Thank you! (Sorry, I'm not online much folks!) Santa Venetia is an unincorporated area east of San Rafael, in Marin County, just north of San Francisco.

I just thought of another one, which I might have ordered if mine weren't already on its way:

ZUM ZUM

(then you put little umlaut double-dots over the "U"s)

:D

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
LiLredTDI said:
What I am saying is; If more people drove diesels (well small diesels) we would be much more independent from forgien oil sources. At that point we could thumb our noses at those #^%@*(!@.

ding ding :eek: there you go!!

Conan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GLS TDI
Ha! In Colorado, you have to explain exactly what the plate is supposed to mean, and it's rejected if they don't understand it, or think it's remotely naughty. Wonder what the story would be to explain that one...

D-Fish

TDI
Black 2010 TDI Cup
I was shocked when they let it fly in Maryland. I did it as a joke between a few friends of mine, and we all thought it would be rejected.

I sent off the form, and 3 days later the money cleared and I was completely stoked for my plates to come in. I couldn't believe it at first, thinking that maybe they took my money because I was trying to be a smart ass, but BAM 2 weeks later the plates were in my mailbox.

I get lots of stares, and a lot more laughs and random picture takers.

Best 70 bucks I've ever spent.

rfortson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Surfwagen TDI
I was shocked when they let it fly in Maryland. I did it as a joke between a few friends of mine, and we all thought it would be rejected.

I sent off the form, and 3 days later the money cleared and I was completely stoked for my plates to come in. I couldn't believe it at first, thinking that maybe they took my money because I was trying to be a smart ass, but BAM 2 weeks later the plates were in my mailbox.

That's hilarious! I wonder what a cop will say if you ever get pulled over. Or would they even care? Still, great tag.

tdisky

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (hers)
That's hilarious! I wonder what a cop will say if you ever get pulled over. Or would they even care? Still, great tag.
My plate is DZLDUB, with a TDIClub "YES, IT'S A DIESEL" frame. The cop who pulled me over for speeding asked me what it meant...he was really a nice guy, though!

I like that Maryland plate - very funny. There is (or was) a member on here from Maryland, also with a DZLDUB plate.

rahilkalim

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
If a 911 gets "NOWATER" how about "NO GAS" ?;)
I have actually been waiting until I can actually order plates for the car and thought of No Gas right before reading this post.
7 letters just isn't enough!:eek:
Really wanted the fuprius one but Texas only allows 6 letters.
Best license plate ever. now you need to park next to a prius and take a picture.... I would love to just mess with prius owners on the road and have them just read the license plate. No more need to take my hand off the steering wheel to give them the finger. :)

Last edited:

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
You could stay with the German, but I don't know what gender a TDI would be. It would be
DER TDI
DAS TDI OR
DIE TDI.
The last, unfortunately would go along with most cars being feminine in name, but it looks more like you want the TDI to literally die. Das Tdi is probably the most correct German, since Das Auto is correct.

And as much as I hate to relate this, it's true. Alaska charges a one time fee of $25 to make a vanity plate. No additional fees in future years. But we're only allowed 6 letters.

D-Fish

TDI
Black 2010 TDI Cup
Best license plate ever. now you need to park next to a prius and take a picture.... I would love to just mess with prius owners on the road and have them just read the license plate.
I haven't had the chance to park right next to a Prius, but relatively close. 1-2 spaces in between, but they are everywhere here in Southern Maryland so I will get my day to take my picture.

However, while they are in the left hand lane trying to regulate traffic speed, I ever so slowly glide up next to them on the right, ensure they see me starting to pass them, glide ahead slowly so they can start to say in their head, "Another VW, god I hate....", and then their world collapses around them as they start to comprehend the plate is about to ruin their day. "FUPRIUS? FUP-what? That makes no sense, FUPRIUS? F U PRIUS? **** You PRIUS?!!!"

It kills me everytime because you can tell when they realize what they just read. They dart in behind you, and try to ride you, but a simple drop of gears and I'll just glide away. It is silly, and childish, but it puts a smile on my face before I get to work each day.

Rob_MacCara

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q3 gasser
Here we get a "vanity" plate at no cost as a licensed amateur radio operator using your call sign.
My plate is VE1RTM (VE1 for the location of Nova Scotia, and RTM are my initials).

Humanaquarian

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle TDI
Yeah, but you don't have sales tax on vehicles like we do in Mo.!
1.5K for the initial purchase, then 1.3K the first year and down about a hundred every year you own the car. Bogus!