Periodic jerking/hesitation 2014 Jetta

1alfie

TDI
2015 Passat Highline
I own a 2014 Jetta TDI. I have been very satisfied with this car until about a year ago. On backing out of a parking space, the car started to jerk and lost power to the extent I thought it was going to stall. As fast as the problem started it corrected itself and had no further issues for a couple of months. The same thing happened again so I took it to the dealer. $100. later I was no further ahead. The Service Manager said the car was scanned and showed no faults. Was told a tech spent about an hour on the problem driving the car at various speeds both on their lot as well as on the highway but could not find any issues. A friend suggested I add Stanadyne to the fuel which I did. The the car definitely performed better with no sign of the jerking/hesitation. After using the additive for a few months I stopped as I was curious what would happen. After a few months I noticed a slight hesitation from time to time but nothing as dramatic as before. I had the car scanned once again but still is not showing any faults. Any suggestions?

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
IMO a good Additive is a must with todays limited lubrication diesel. Always start with the obvious. Injectors need cleaning? Fuel filter?

1alfie

TDI
2015 Passat Highline
After the first incident, I replaced both the fuel filter and air filter. The problem still persisted. As this is not a regular occurrence could it be an injector incident. If so, is there an additive or should the injector be removed and cleaned?

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
Try Techtron D, some people, including myself, notice an improvement