Performance products

dmax_01

TDI
00 VW Jetta
I have a 2000 jetta and i am looking to put some mods on the car and wondered if someone could help me out? The car has an auto trans and has 203K on the odometer. I would like to put a set of injector nozzles, mild chip, and exhaust, and intake. I dont want to hurt the trans and would like some more power and some smoke would be great too? I guess the question im asking is what nozzles, and chip should i get and where do i get them? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

VailPowder

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Sedan, 1998 New Beetle TDI, 2004 Jetta TDI
A good upgrade for your car with an auto trans is Bosio PowerPlus 357 nozzles and a Q Loader flash programmer. The Q Loader will let you install an Alligator chip tune through the OBD port in a few minutes and you can flash the ECU and install differnent levels of tunes to suit your needs.... or install upgrade tunes as you add other modifications.

You could also start with just the Q Loader and tune the car and add PowerPlus 357 or PowerPlus 520 nozzles later and we can send you the upgrade tune by email.

Another approach is to use Bosio PowerPlus 357 nozzles now , and add a chip tune later and you could have the car tuned by us, kermaTDI, or by someone else at a GTG ...or mail us the ECU and we can tune it on the bench and Fedex it back.

Original content edited as requested.

Last edited:

black_and_chrome

Veteran Member
TDI
Black Jetta 2005
Welcome aboard DMAX,

As mentioned by VailPowder, the Q-loader for your tune and nozzles are probably your best bet... Kerma is a well known, reputable vendor on this site, as are TDI parts and rocket chip. There are many more as well, just do a little research, this site is a great tool, even with all the drama/soap opera... which I am not addicted to... :D

The Q-loader gives you the opportunity to flash your ECU whenever/were ever you want and a lifetime tune from Alligator... you really can not go wrong. I would start with that, then go for the nozzles... they will send you a new tune via email for the upgrade, so on and so forth.

Good luck and welcome!

dmax_01

TDI
00 VW Jetta
VailPowder said:
A good upgrade for your car with an auto trans is Bosio PowerPlus 357 nozzles and a Q Loader flash programmer. The Q Loader will let you install an Alligator chip tune through the OBD port in a few minutes and you can flash the ECU and install differnent levels of tunes to suit your needs.... or install upgrade tunes as you add other modifications.

You could also start with just the Q Loader and tune the car and add PowerPlus 357 or PowerPlus 520 nozzles later and we can send you the upgrade tune by email.

Another approach is to use Bosio PowerPlus 357 nozzles now , and add a chip tune later and you could have the car tuned by us, kermaTDI, or by Jeff at Rocketchip at a GTG ...or mail either of us the ECU and we can tune it on the bench and Fedex it back.

You can check our site www.kermatdi.com , or www.tdiparts.com , or www.rocketchip.com for more info
Do i need to do the exhaust at the same time, will there be a mileage increase if i keep my foot out of it, and will the car smoke with say level 1 with the q loader and PP357 nozzles? So were talking about $1000 for nozzles, program or chip, and exhaust!

VailPowder

TDI
dmax_01 said:
Do i need to do the exhaust at the same time, will there be a mileage increase if i keep my foot out of it, and will the car smoke with say level 1 with the q loader and PP357 nozzles? So were talking about $1000 for nozzles, program or chip, and exhaust!
You should see a nice improvment in MPG and very low smoke levels.

You don't need to do the exhaust at this time. If anything you can do a mufflerectomy...remove the muffler and install a straight pipe. This is often only a $40 mod at the local exhaust shop and not much of an increase in noise.

You can add a better downpipe, but you won't see big improvement at this point in your mod path.

http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/-strse-ST-Exhaust--fdsh--Intake-Manifolds-and-Downpipes/Categories

http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/-strse-76/A4-TDI-downpipe/Detail

VailPowder

TDI
01tdiJEtt said:
I did a mild tune and PowerPlus nozzles from kerma and love it, Just be cautious of your tranny, i learned the hard way!
Tranny problems are very frustrating with automatics.... I'm sorry if our upgrades pushed your tranny over the edge. :(

00JettaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Recently, half the posts in the power enhacements section are the same exact thing. Do a search, these questions have been asked more than 20 times, literally. :cool:

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
VailPowder said:

Another approach is to use Bosio PowerPlus 357 nozzles now , and add a chip tune later and you could have the car tuned by us, kermaTDI, or by Jeff at Rocketchip at a GTG ...or mail either of us the ECU and we can tune it on the bench and Fedex it back.

You can check our site www.kermatdi.com , or www.tdiparts.com , or www.rocketchip.com for more info
vail,
Please remove the word "Rocketchip" from your posts please - you are an aligator salesmen, not RC!

thanks
Jeff

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
jsrmonster said:
vail,
Please remove the word "Rocketchip" from your posts please - you are an aligator salesmen, not RC!

thanks
Jeff
at least he does have respect for your skills, that is he willing to plug your work as necessary, whereas, you're right... he could of not mentioned you at all.

can't we all be friends???

euronation

TDI
96 B4
jsrmonster said:
vail,

thanks
Jeff
He advertises for you and you follow it up by being a prick? What an ungrateful sack. I hope you guys see what kind of jackass you've all been nut-hugging.

Get the **** over yourself.

Got Bearings?

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
As posted on another thread...

I'm not taking sides here but just giving my observations.

1. It appeared that Vail was trying to remain neutral by stating different options to the OP - both Alligator and Rocketchip tuning.
2. The following quote can be misconstrued and/or misread as Vail selling Rocketchip tunes when infact, he only sells Alligator. It isn't quite clear that KERMA, TDIParts and Rocketship are all separate companies and someone who isn't familiar here could be confused. It could have been worded better and this could be the reason why Jeff made his post.
We both offer some great turbo options, we both carry the Bosio injector nozzles, and we both have chip tuning. tdiparts works with Rocketchip, and we offer Alligator tuning and our flash programmer the Q Loader.
I haven't been here long but it appears that there is some bad blood between KERMA and Rocketchip. Both are valuable to the forum and both should act like gentlemen for the good of this forum. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong.

Maybe some simple guidelines should be used by vendors to avoid issues, such as....
1. Don't push your products unless specifically asked
2. Wait for non-vendors to post about your company/products and then reply with your offerings
3. If there's an issue with a post, please take it to PM.

Just my $.02... or about a 1/4 mile at current diesel prices. :p

Got Bearings?

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
euronation said:
He advertises for you and you follow it up by being a prick? What an ungrateful sack. I hope you guys see what kind of jackass you've all been nut-hugging.

Get the **** over yourself.
I fail to see where Jeff is being a prick. He said "please" and "thanks". I'm sure Jeff has his reasons for his posts.

You, on the other hand, are a d!ck... calling him a prick, jackass and sack and using obscenities (although censored) and then you bash a lot of members for "nut hugging".

And before you call me a "nut hugger", I got RC only 3 weeks after getting my Golf (my first VW and TDI). I had no idea who Jeff or RC was but there was a GTG within 30 miles from my house and I jumped on it. I will say it made my Golf much more pleasuraeable to drive.

euronation

TDI
96 B4
Oh no... someone took offence. I wouldn't have posted anything if I didn't think anyone would complain about me being honest. This whole forum is full of people afraid to say what they think about big boy tuners. Since I don't need anything from Jeff and never will need anything from Jeff I do this simply because it doesn't get done enough.

For every person that will come in here and defend him there are five who will agree with me in the privacy of their own living room. I mean... really. I've watched threads where people were trying to coerse him into coming and tuning their cars... and with the lunches, favors and hand jobs they're willing to do it's pretty lame. Some of you people may as well grab him a crown and carry him around on your shoulders in a red velvet chair.

It's tuning people... it's seriously not that hard. Stop putting this guy on a pedestal

I, for one, think that Jeff doesn't need to go around telling people what to do when they're trying to help him. Especially with all the bs between them as of late. vail seems to be extending the olive branch of kindness here and Jeff keeps breaking it off.

And as for your shots at me... laughable. I AM a prick. I'm being a complete ass. You're right. Perceptive. It's to make a point. Jeff doesn't deserve a blind eye by this and I really don't care what you think of me. I didn't come here to make friends or money.

J double R

Fail Train Conductor
TDI
'00 Golf 4 door
dmax, you've got the right idea about keeping the tune and upgrades mild.. you can tune that auto a bit, but it won't hold too much. good luck with that. most of your choices were spelled out in the previous posts.

euronation said:
And as for your shots at me... laughable. I AM a prick. I'm being a complete ass. You're right. Perceptive. It's to make a point. Jeff doesn't deserve a blind eye by this and I really don't care what you think of me. I didn't come here to make friends or money.
not to mention a troll who can't seem to make a single post with relevance to the OP's topic. if you can't post on topic, make your own thread, and watch it go down in flames.

and if youre not here to make friends, you can leave out the same door you came in. make sure not to let it hit your arse on the way out.

skippytdi

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jet-ta
J double R said:
and if youre not here to make friends, you can leave out the same door you came in. make sure not to let it hit your arse on the way out.
Pretty much owning a tdi means you ARE a prick. The only reason i like Jeff is because of his bad attitude, although he's technically probably dealing with pricks all day so hes got no choice...:p

orion2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf tdi
yeah I would keep it mild because of the auto tranny...mild chip and injector upgrade...exhaust/downpipe is always good. As for exhaust/intake...dont go wasting money on bologna cold air intakes and fancy cat-back systems...they are totally unnecessary to get the max out of intake and exhaust improvements on TDI's.

Since your car has over 200k...I would make sure everything is in good shape before trying to improve it. Clean out the intercooler...definately clean the egr and intake manifold. A fresh fuel filter cant hurt.

orion2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf tdi
skippytdi said:
Pretty much owning a tdi means you ARE a prick. The only reason i like Jeff is because of his bad attitude, although he's technically probably dealing with pricks all day so hes got no choice...:p
well...when I first bought my TDI I dont think I was a prick...but considering what I've done to it I suppose I might drive like one...I'm enjoying it.

LurkerMike

Veteran Member
TDI
-Whitey: 2000 Jetta GLS, Red: 2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed
euronation said:
Oh no... someone took offence. I wouldn't have posted anything if I didn't think anyone would complain about me being honest. This whole forum is full of people afraid to say what they think about big boy tuners. Since I don't need anything from Jeff and never will need anything from Jeff I do this simply because it doesn't get done enough.
I don't think I understand? You are saying that you are delibertly bashing a specific Vendor here that you have no experience with because you know it will cause and argument flair up?

euronation said:
For every person that will come in here and defend him there are five who will agree with me in the privacy of their own living room. I mean... really. I've watched threads where people were trying to coerse him into coming and tuning their cars... and with the lunches, favors and hand jobs they're willing to do it's pretty lame. Some of you people may as well grab him a crown and carry him around on your shoulders in a red velvet chair.
We had to bribe him with $29,531 in cash, 14 strippers performing with a Metallica cover band, a catered "Hooter's Remote Wing Bar", 5 bowls of Peanut MM's with all the brown M&Ms removed and some fava beans with a nice chianti to get him to Atlanta last time... and that was BEFORE he would even setup to do the tuning. I think we got a pretty good deal overall, but what do the terms of his rider provisions in the contract with the local promoter have to do with anything?

euronation said:
It's tuning people... it's seriously not that hard. Stop putting this guy on a pedestal
Dude, seriously... I am officially nominating you for tard of the year. :rolleyes:

euronation said:
I, for one, think that Jeff doesn't need to go around telling people what to do when they're trying to help him. Especially with all the bs between them as of late. vail seems to be extending the olive branch of kindness here and Jeff keeps breaking it off.
I like Jeff and I like Paul. The fact they may or may not like each other is none of my business. What business is it of yours? And how does that somehow justify you making it worse by drawing attention to it so publicly? Is there some goal or "forced outcome" you seek as some kind of "mediator" in this matter. It might help if you would explain where you are going with this, or what your point is really about?

euronation said:
I don't "deserve a blind eye" either but I got one when I was 13 years old. That's why God give's ya two, so you will have a spare.

For the record, the spell checker wants to correct "euronation" to "urination", I really had to push myself to not let it do that.

LurkerMike

Veteran Member
TDI
skippytdi said:
The only reason i like Jeff is because of his bad attitude, although he's technically probably dealing with pricks all day so hes got no choice...:p
I could take him. ;)

black_and_chrome

Veteran Member
TDI
Black Jetta 2005
black_and_chrome said:
Welcome aboard DMAX,

As mentioned by VailPowder, the Q-loader for your tune and nozzles are probably your best bet... Kerma is a well known, reputable vendor on this site, as are TDI parts and rocket chip. There are many more as well, just do a little research, this site is a great tool, even with all the drama/soap opera... which I am not addicted to... :D
:D ... I love this stuff... It was only a matter of time...

dmax_01

TDI
00 VW Jetta
So PP357's and RC2 would be mild enough or a little to much? I would cut the muffler out as well! Thanks for your guys input and didn't mean for an argument!

VailPowder

TDI
dmax_01 said:
So PP357's and RC2 would be mild enough or a little to much? I would cut the muffler out as well! Thanks for your guys input and didn't mean for an argument!
PP357's and a reasonable tune will be a great combo, IMHO!

The mufflerectomy is a very popular mod.

And consider a tranny fluid and filter service and do some research on the line pressure mod for the tranny.

Have fun with the upgrades! :D

Piranha

Veteran Member
TDI
golf 2000 Flash Red
HEHE,
and an admirable comeback from vailpower.

The car's gonna be a joy to drive with a few mild mods, just don't go OTT or it's gonna cost.

Jeff, Kerma, TDIparts
To the 3 of you you're all respected vendors, don't bash each other, it makes you look stupid.
You guys also all have brilliant products, just TRY and work together, I'm sure between all you 3 (AND ALL THE OTHER VENDORS I DID NOT MENTION) you could make some seriosly powerfull TDIs.

GUYS Don't be D**ks, A******s and everything inbetween.
And don's bash your competitors who actually ADVERTISE you!!!!!!

Just my $.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002
Erm, that's probably worth nothing!!

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Several years ago I had a 2002 Jetta TDI (Sold) but it had RC 2 and PP 357's
and the smoke was terrible!!
When it went into the shop for Coolant Migration the chip was taken out.......
The car was great with just the PP 357 and little or no smoke

RIGGS

TDI
02' BEETLE 1.9 TDI
VailPowder said:
You should see a nice improvment in MPG and very low smoke levels.

You don't need to do the exhaust at this time. If anything you can do a mufflerectomy...remove the muffler and install a straight pipe. This is often only a $40 mod at the local exhaust shop and not much of an increase in noise.

You can add a better downpipe, but you won't see big improvement at this point in your mod path.

http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/-strse-ST-Exhaust--fdsh--Intake-Manifolds-and-Downpipes/Categories

http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/-strse-76/A4-TDI-downpipe/Detail
I am new to the TDI's. I have noticed that there is very little smoke as to the old VW's... , my question to this is noise level? Taking out the muffler, what does the car end up sounding like and or noise levels ?

SccotBomb

Veteran Member
TDI
Wabbit
VailPowder said:
PP357's and a reasonable tune will be a great combo, IMHO!

The mufflerectomy is a very popular mod.

And consider a tranny fluid and filter service and do some research on the line pressure mod for the tranny.

Have fun with the upgrades! :D
VW tranny fuilds are for life, no need to replace. unless needed, like doing a tranny job.

LurkerMike

Veteran Member
TDI
SccotBomb said:
VW tranny fuilds are for life, no need to replace. unless needed, like doing a tranny job.
I drain and refill the ATF with Amsoil ATF every oil change. Every 20k I drop the pan and do the filter too.

No (short)lifetime fill for me!

VW OEM "mineral based" oil = nonsynthetic.

Amsoil ATF = full synthetic

The OEM fluid was brown muck at 60k miles. The Amsoil runs blood red.

At 125k miles now and hundreds of wheel spin launches, WOT redlight to redlight romps, jaunts to 120 mph indicated and tens of thousands of "off road" high speed miles... I'm still waiting for my "ridiculous" Amsoil maintenance schedule to kill the 01M. :p

SccotBomb

Veteran Member
TDI
Wabbit
Well, because your nutz, and you waste your money on changing your tranny oil way to often, Doesn't mean my tranny is any other condition then yours.

BTW, I used the ATF too.

Last edited: