Performance Poly Bushings in a TDI: Superpro or Powerflex?

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT
Superpro or Powerflex? These are the only two I'm considering at this time.

Which is the better bushing? I like the powerflex options as they also offer some diesel specific mount inserts however their website sucks and CS is non-existent.

Superpro has the front control arms and a full bushing kit which is nice. Looking for street bushings to supplement a coil-over kit and CR170 upgrade.

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
'91 Jetta, '91 GTI, '04 Touareg
I had the same question a week back and the BMW forums seems to gear towards Powerflex products over Strongflex.

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
I had the same question a week back and the BMW forums seems to gear towards Powerflex products over Strongflex.
I guess you mean superpro not strongflex.

Why (The reasons) did they recommend powerflex?

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
I went with the Superpros specifically for the lightened control arms/modified balljoints because I'm also getting the Tyrolsport locking subframe collars. My front wheels are very close to the fender and having the ability to change camber to compensate might be necessary.

I'm using the Powerflex for the Dogbone insert and also the engine/transmission mount urethane inserts.

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
'91 Jetta, '91 GTI, '04 Touareg
For my intentions, I would like to go with powerflex on my daily driver. After driving a t'reg for a few months I have realized how crucial a raised car will be for the amount of driving I do here in NYC. Most recently I drove over a pothole that was hidden behind a dip and even with wrangler tires on the SUV, if I did not have my seatbelt on, I would've smacked my head on the roof. That's how aggressive the roads can be in the city. I'd like to invest in an air ride system yet retain some positive handling characteristics with the MK2. I hope powerflex bushings can give me that.