Pd160 engine in mk2 golf

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Hi guys, as per title and some of my older posts, I have a little project car I am ironing some bugs of it, the car has an extensive list of mods and it’s very nice to drive. However after driving it hard the dipstick is coming off the tube quite a bit. What could create so much pressure ? The car has a 40 bar even across the cylinders and doesn’t eat oil or coolant. I have a bit of head lift, as I can see the coolant tank holds pressure after a day or two if I unscrew the cap. The gtb2260vk is a little tired on it as I drove it a few thousands miles with a aftermarket cone filter which eroded the tips on the compressor wheel so I will fit at some point the air box from a 1.6d…
Currently tuning a set of firad +120% nozzles.
I have a spare cylinder head I will port & polish and hopefully fit larger valves next. The head currently on the car has noticeable wear on the top of the injector bodies even though is a brand new cyl head.

tdi_my live

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Fabia
If the start of injection is too early, the pressure in the head increases.
What SOI and Duration do you use?

Festa

Veteran Member
TDI
Vw t5 van
They are almost stock now, as I fitted firad 120% nozzles to AL/pd150 injectors…
I had similar but on stripping down the engine we found cracking of the head around the injector ports to the combustion chamber which spread up behind the inlet and exhaust valve seats. Also it was noted that the Rosten valves that was replaced 14000 miles ago were showing signs of valve stem wear? Don't know why but running 3 bar boost over atmo with 3.5 bar EMP is it possible that pressure could be creeping past the valve stem seals and pressurising the case? only a thougt

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
The car had a very aggressive map from Motion tuning in Romania, you could be well right…I have seen that kind of head failures/cracks between the valves however the car doesn’t consume oil but the ccv is venting to the atmosphere ! It’s a brand new FAI head fitted on the car at the moment, I have a spare good condition head and I will port and polish that next…