PD130 clutch and flywheel change questions...

Satiro

Veteran Member
TDI
IBIZA 1.9TDI 110hp AFN 1998
Hi friends, i'm here again after a lot of time... i had several personal issues and i had no time for my car and Tdiclub... I'm happy again!:)

I have to change clutch and flywheel of a PD130 golf from a friend...I need a little help, my car is a MK3 and has different engine mounts, and i haven't the bentley manual...
Which are the main steps for to change clutch in that car?
Your help is very estimated, BEST REGARDS from Spain:)

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
You have to pull all three mounts and drop the engine down and forward (drivers side) to get the transmission out. Figure 10 hours or so....It's a pain to do this job.

Satiro

Veteran Member
TDI
is it necessary to loose and pull all mounts? what a pain! in my car isn't necessary to pull all mounts... wich's the correct method for to loose that mounts?

Satiro

Veteran Member
TDI
Job is done, around 8 hours... i changed clutch and flywheel and i didn't pull the passenger side engine mount, isn't necessary...
It's a hard job but an easy job! Next week i will change clutch to a MK3 golf...thanks for your help,:)

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Your SEAT's might have a different side wall that dosen't require the drop as far to get the transmission out.

Glad you got it out. 8 hours for the first one is pretty good!

Satiro

Veteran Member
TDI
Your SEAT's might have a different side wall that dosen't require the drop as far to get the transmission out.

Glad you got it out. 8 hours for the first one is pretty good!
That was the first time i changed clutch in a PD, and isn't necessary to pull the passenger side engine mount in a 01J really... method is practically the same than my Seat 'VE...
Thanks again for response me, cheers:)