PD115 AJM wish for more power

erykkuld

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf mk4 1.9L 4motion 115hp AJM
Alright, gonna start off by saying been a while, haven't had the need to post in a while after i did the dumbest mistake of my life (undoing the cylinder head bolts instead of the cam cap bolts) Car got a new head from frank in the netherlands, and car is working like a gem. (new head, gaskets, camshaft and tandem pump was fitted may this year) But now i want more power.

Have been looking into a new turbo and injectors, it already has a 150hp map on it, but i would like to get around 220-230 out of it. From what i understand, i could simply go for pd130 injectors, and a hybrid turbo, like the gt1756v. But what would everyone recommend?

I also need a way of having the car road legal, as they do MOT's every 2 years here in norway, and they measure emissions.

erykkuld

Veteran Member
TDI
Have a lead on pd130 injectors from a car with AVF engine code, for quite cheap. Car is quite newer, think from 2005, but that should just be better shouldn't it?

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Think that may be like the passat or something, smaller injectors than the mk4 golf pd130 lump. I would check as they might be similar to what you already have.
Mk4 130 and 150 use the same injectors though.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Only the ASZ engine has the AL injectors just as the pd 150 ARL engine…rest are different ! I would look for these if 250 Bhp is max power you want from the car.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Only the ASZ engine has the AL injectors just as the pd 150 ARL engine…rest are different ! I would look for these if 250 Bhp is max power you want from the car.

That's the codes, mind went totally blank earlier trying to remember the engine codes lol

erykkuld

Veteran Member
TDI
Also early AJM has similar injectors in size to pd150…
Early ajm? Does from 2000 count as early? i have pictures of the injectors when i did the head swap, would that be enough to declare them as good enough for 230hp?

erykkuld

Veteran Member
TDI
That's the codes, mind went totally blank earlier trying to remember the engine codes lol
Because with injectors already in place and if they are good for that amount of power i will simply buy a good turbo piping kit, and the hybrid turbo. But then which turbo should i go for? And which diameter of piping should i go for?

arazvan2002

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 B6 1.9TDI AVF quattro
Why bother with hybrid turbo when you can chose something like GTC1549VZ, or even better GTD1752VRK(converted to vacuum) and those will spool faster than your current one. Install FMIC and good tested ARL injectors. Both turbo can be welded to a 8V manifold. GTC is cheap and vacuum from factory. There is one option with GTB1756 in the exhaust of GT1646, there is info on the forum.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Yep, gt1646v manifold can be made to fit gtb1756vk chra, don’t know if it’s entirely plug and play as it looks smaller to my eyes…I had a manifold like that in my hands from a pd140 Bhp 2.0 tdi engine code BMM…I believe it was a gt1446v so definitely smaller ! Vnt mechanism was as on gtb turbos so gen 3/4…it will be a good upgrade if it works plug and play ! As mentioned above, playing with hybrids is a waste of time especially if you can pick reliable, stoc turbos that can flow more air than a hybrid can at affordable prices ! It’s a no brained to me especially in the event of a turbo blow, it will be a lot harder to repair a hybrid than to source a 2nd hand/used turbo !

erykkuld

Veteran Member
TDI
Why bother with hybrid turbo when you can chose something like GTC1549VZ, or even better GTD1752VRK(converted to vacuum) and those will spool faster than your current one. Install FMIC and good tested ARL injectors. Both turbo can be welded to a 8V manifold. GTC is cheap and vacuum from factory. There is one option with GTB1756 in the exhaust of GT1646, there is info on the forum.
Found the GTD1752VRK on darkside developments, will go for your approach then. The turbo comes in a kit so maf, fmic and all small parts are included. So will update on how this all goes

erykkuld

Veteran Member
TDI
Well turbo kit hasn't been bought yet, but found some pd150 injectors for really cheap, second hand. Guy claims they have been sitting in his garage for 8 years now, from a car that had under 100000km. What do you guys think?

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Best to get them tested…the injectors tend to seize if left for this long ! If they been kept o. A jar of diesel then they might be serviceable but don’t hold your breath !

erykkuld

Veteran Member
TDI
Change of plans, no big power for me, as ive decided that it would be too far fetched atleast in norway.

Have spoken to alot of people around the subject, and according to laws it would be VERY expensive for me to get it legal (if at all to get the car legal) Gonna get a bike instead. and keep the little ajm stock

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
you can get good power on the cheap, get a gt1749vb from the pd150 mk4 golf, a stronger side intercooler/fmic and keep your existing injectors as they will fuel enough for 250bhp...Get a 4 bar map sensor to keep turbo spikes in check although not necessary ! Your clutch might slip if torque is not capped, get in touch with arazvan for a tune to your specs...

arazvan2002

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 B6 1.9TDI AVF quattro
@adamss24 thanks for tagging.

@erykkuld

I checked now in ETKA (VAG parts electronic catalogue) after seeing your signature and it seems you have a 240mm clucth because it's 4motion and probably 6speed, similar to ASZ/ARL, but not the same, so it should be ok. If it slips you can reinforce yours.
So, you will need the following parts to have a result similar to an ARL with stage1:
-Intake manifold with EGR and EGR pipe from ASZ or ARL.
-intake pipe from filter housing with MAF (mass airflow) (maybe complete filter housing)
- ARL turbo
- upgraded intercooler.
- Other pipes which are different from AJM to ARL which are starting from turbo.
-3 bar map, from ARL or other, it depends on the hole in the intercooler, if it's tiny or big
- ASZ/ARL injectors in good shape, preferably tested on the bench with proof.
I will try to look what's different and have to be bought from ARL. Golf 4 ARL has front mounted intercooler, but it can't be retrofitted on the other cars.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Early AJM uses a wider than standard intercooler, i have a mk4 golf fitted with one ! As above, upgrading to a fmic is less hassle than it is to find factory standard parts but will probably work a lot better to have plug and play parts !