PD - Proper Cam Break-in Procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordGuy100

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
I’m not out to take anything from anyone
Thats the biggest load of BS I have ever heard.

Incredible.

I'd venture a uneducated, internet search based diagnosis of sociopathic behaviour here folks.
No. I would venture a guess that he went into this whole ordeal with this exact process in mind. His incessant questioning makes me believe he was trying to find a way to get a foot in the door legal wise.

How is allowing work to be performed (via verbal argreement to the extra work) just to "get out of there," and then later disputing it going to pan out? How many witnesses where there, with no business relation to Justin/Aaron?

Jon is what is wrong with the world these days.

Last edited:

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Dude shafted a reputable vendor, now gets butthurt about comments he doesn't like when he's the one that posted the issue publicly in the first place.

Enjoy your crappy credit score dickbag.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I stopped payment through a legal channel because I am disputing the charges.I only wrote those checks because the whole deal about my car in pieces with menacing figures circling. I wanted out of there. I bought in to this transaction initially. The rest was a put over which became ever more aperient as the evening progressed. That doesn't mean I bought into this lock, stock and barrel, just for being under the gun. The only friendly people there people I met outside the repair zone. I would describe this misadventure not like the Family get together as it's made out to be but more like a business environment that for some becomes a confidence game.

The first move started with Justin’s implanting the expectation that parts prices would be lower than the Bora website because I would save on shipping.I came for a TB and Cam sensor expecting to pay around $600 in total (P/L) (less whatever savings off shipping charges that would never materialize.) Joshua, the VP at Bora Parts had told me days before that Aaron always brings extra timing belts to the GTGs and that I could simply pay 'in full' at the event, not to worry. This got me in the door.

I’m not sure what Aaron needed to hear from me to pack a TB kit and a cam sensor. I signed up for that slot weeks before, was communicative with Justin and Joshua and I showed up early for a TB install, as planned. When Justin told me I needed a cam, I was taken by surprise. I didn’t expect it. The car always ran fine, no indications of cam issues.I asked Justin what the ‘new total’ would be if I went with it and he told me $848.

Hindsight being 20/20, I see now that he only was quoting parts only (for a Deluxe cam kit, shipped), not the actual [P/L] total as I requested to be informed of before, the work was to proceed. Justin new all the facts at the time, so why not relate them in precise terms with the clarity called for in that moment? I called wife and mentioned the new total, only up about $250.00 … not bad. This was a grave error on Justin’s part because I didn’t need to be tricked into anything. I can afford whatever work needs doing. He should have been clear, then and there, He should have pulled out a pad and pen and added up the $848.00 for 1 Deluxe Cam kit + $78.00 for 1 Cam sensor, so on and so forth and then added in the $450 labor to arrive at what the true total was when it needed to be known.

Much has been said about me badgering Justin as regards nuts, bolts and torque settings.The only subject that I was rattled about and expected him to clarify was price, because he let the real price start leaking out after the cam replacement was in progress. For this I get the extreme level of vitriol and hate, really mostly from Frankenfurter and Spring Roll or whatever their names are, who were a bit too close to the job site as well. This is why boundaries need to be defined and things need to be written down upfront; this, the classic case, for that.I am the inexperienced person, only 2 years new to TDI; my first GTG, this whole business approach to auto mechanics is foreign to me. Those will more experience and in the know could have been forthcoming and clear. Instead, I’m given no quarter, with you even going so far as to suggest I bring the break in oil. And, where is it written that the revelation of being snookered into a deal for more than was disclosed should not be a cause for stress? You guys bumped this from $600 to $848.00 to $1450.00, while charging shipping rate and because I show a little concern I get punished with a lesser job?You want to CHARGE MORE than agreed AND DELIVER LESS? I should have shouting at the top of my lungs.

To top that off Justin, who you recommended to me, without by or leave jumped into my car and drove off without my presence and without my permission, which has further complicated matters not to mention your friends who also laid hands on my car which was not my understanding of what would be taking place. Now I come to find that there are missing and switched parts and my relatively low mileage Jetta had all OE parts up to now. There is something missing off the undercarriage and there is also what looks to be damage to the chassis from a jack just in front of the dogbone.

Thanks to Justin’s insistence that I change a perfectly good OEM coolant Temp Sensor for one of your Rein units, when it only needed to have the O-ring and retainer changed, The car now runs 1 click cold on the street and the coolant hasn‘t level moved, so I don’t think it’s a bubble. Why did Justin have to insist I change out my perfectly good OEM Coolant temp sensor?
I am taking the car back to the same dealership I took it too just prior to the GTG for inspection.

The TDI Club forum has some very intelligent people in its ranks, but they, to their credit, have remained silent. Those who have spoken up have suggested that there should be some necessity for consensus on this matter because you said so. You also said that a cam break in is a recommended procedure so you and I are already in condenses on that point. It is only you and I that need to agree about that. You sold and I bought on that basis. What road and track thinks is irrelevant at this stage. You cannot promise something and deliver less for the same money. You cannot raise the cost in midstream without raising the value. Since you think you can, we have a dispute.

You made the initial sale, but a job not completed to Bora Parts owns recommended standards are, is, simply, SUBSTANDARD. You have to take responsibility for not living up to what you promised. You have to adjust for that. I have to adjust for that.

You are going to need to make an adjustment for that and you are going to need to make an adjustment for the sneaky and conniving sales approach which is the true crime here. You come here, crossing state lines, performing unlicensed work, not disclosing up from true costs and then using intimidation, your hot-dogging buddies trickery and limp mode to collect more than the job should cost. I’m not buying that and I never did. There’s more, much more, I could say but I won’t say. We have a dispute, so settle the dispute, in real life, in a business like way and not here in the forum and refrain from believe you can get anything by way of intimidation and insult.

Aaron, recently, you offered me the choice of a replacement OEM N75 or a Pierburg and I told you I want my OEM part back and again you then retracted this choice and changed it, after the fact of agreement. Enough already!

It is clear that you are a rich kid who was handed this business on a platter because it is obvious that you feel entitled to do anything you please, even steal Volkswagen’s trademark “Bora” to name your own business with.You cannot steal from me. You have employed implausible deniability to lure, deceive and intimidate, though your cohorts. Now the feedback comes your way and you don’t like it. So, stand up for and by yourself. Aren’t you a business man?This is just business. It’s not high school and you cannot operate your whole life that way.One thing remains the same constant, then as now.

The milk buys the silver as the silver buys the milk.

You can’t change the price of milk while or after one drinks it. You can’t deliver less milk without receiving less silver in turn that is unless you cheat. You created the conditions for this dispute and yet you don’t want it! Well either do I. You see, just like that we are approaching an accord....

As for the rest of you; this is between me and the people I did business with.You are not a party to it and have no business in taking sides. The forum may be public, but the transaction is a private matter, between individuals, thus needs to be settled between parties involved only.

I have exercised a legal instrument and am quite willing to discuss the matter in a grown up business like way. Can you join in that process, Aaron?
If so, we should exchange an email and schedule a conversation by phone. I’m not out to take anything from anyone, but I will not be taken either. Compromise is in order. If we can do that, we can work through this and hopefully, reasonably quickly.

Good day,
Jon
Just in case mr. personality decides to delete stuff.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
On august 10th I emailed Jettasetta the following:

Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2014 9:26 PM
To: JK
Subject: Re: TDI Repairs, Bay Area and/or Vegas

Hey Jon! Welcome!

We rent a big warehouse for the weekend. (Donations by attendees cover the rent and food etc)

If you arrange for me to work on your car, ill quote you a labor price based on the work done. Typical is $350 for timing belt service, $400 for a clutch etc.

You are welcome to watch, but not help. Asking questions is fine, but the timeline of these gtgs is quite busy for those of us wrenching, so we have to keep pleasantries to a minimum.

My vegas trips are social, visiting my in laws, i have no tools there really.

Parts for the gtg are generally supplied and delivered by Aaron at www.boraparts.com (he is bleachedbora on the club)

After discussing what work ill be doing, ill instruct you on what parts to order. You'll call the order in and make sure you tell them it is for the gtg so you avoid shipping.

As for your car, labor would be $350 for the tbelt job including replacing cam position sensor.
Mpg may go up based on cam to crank adjustment. We'll also want to inspect the camshaft. The BEW cars are known to eat up camshafts. If it needs the cam and lifters replaced, labor will go to $500.

Holler if you can make it.
-Justin Grow
I was clear there about labor costs. Actually I charged him $450 and NOT the agreed upon $500. I unfortunately misinformed him about the shipping costs. I am not a Boraparts employee and do not keep track of every promotion they offer. If he'd ordered his parts in a timely manner, and not 12 hrs before departure and 10 minutes before deadline, I'm sure this would have been clear to him.

At the GTG I went over my labor costs and also showed him parts costs on Boraparts repeatedly. I showed him the price of the cam/lifter/timing belt kit, I showed him the timing belt kit alone, and I showed him the timing belt kit with a seperate cam/lifter kit. There are MANY people to corroborate this. I even tethered my computer to my phone so I could pull up the Boraparts website on the larger computer screen for him to see. Where was there a bait and switch? I gave you the option of replacing only the timing belt and leaving the camshaft alone. You chose to do the cam. I gave you the option of using the coolant temp sensor o-ring only, but you chose to put in the sensor with it. Yes both I recommended, as it MAKES SENSE to not spend labor twice. There was NO arm-twisting or whatnot. I still can't tell if you are truly the most obtuse person the most devious and deceptive person I've ever met. Either way, I'll never work for you again and I pity those who do.

Last edited:

jettasetta

Banned con artist and self-proclaimed victim
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS MK4 PD-BEW 5SP-EUH TDI
Open letter to Aaron (Corrected since edit permissions not in effect)

I stopped payment through a legal channel because I am disputing the charges.I only wrote those checks because I was practically under threat to do so and outnumbered by menacing figures. I would describe this misadventure as a swindle that started with Justin’s implanting the expectation that parts prices would be lower than the Bora website because I would save on shipping.I came for a TB and Cam sensor expecting to pay around $600 in total (P/L) (less whatever savings off shipping charges that would never materialize.)Joshua, the VP at Bora Parts had told me days before that Aaron always brings extra timing belts to the GTGs and that I could simply pay at the event. I’m not sure what Aaron needed to hear from me. I signed up for that slot weeks before, was communicative with Justin and Joshua and I showed up early for a TB install, as planned.When Justin told me I needed a cam, I was taken by surprise. I didn’t expect it. The car always ran fine, no indications of cam issues.I asked Justin what the ‘new total’ would be if I went with it and he told me $848.

Hindsight being 20/20, I see now that he only was quoting parts only (for a Deluxe cam kit, shipped), not the actual [P/L] total as I requested to be informed of before, the work was to proceed. Justin new all the facts at the time, so why not relate them in precise terms with the clarity called for in that moment? I called wife and mentioned the new total, only up about $250.00 … not bad. This was a grave error on Justin’s part because I didn’t need to be tricked into anything. I can afford whatever work needs doing. He should have been clear, then and there, He should have pulled out a pad and pen and added up the $848.00 for 1 Deluxe Cam kit + $78.00 for 1 Cam sensor, so on and so forth and then added in the $450 labor to arrive at what the true total was when it needed to be known. On the other hand Aaron could have called me on the phone, isn’t he the parts guy? Why not him there quoting price?

Much has been said about me badgering Justin as regards nuts, bolts and torque settings.The only subject that I was rattled about and expected him to clarify was price, because he let the real price start leaking out after the cam replacement was in progress.For this I get the extreme level of vitriol and hate, really mostly from Frankenfurter and Spring Roll or whatever their names are, who were a bit too close to the job site as well. This is why boundaries need to be defined and things need to be written down upfront; this, the classic case, for that.I am the inexperienced person, only 2 years new to TDI; my first GTG; this whole business approach to auto mechanics is foreign to me. I always take my old parts. Justin seems to like to collect those. Those members with more experience and in the know could have been forthcoming and clear. Instead, I’m given no quarter, with Aaron, you even going so far as to suggest I bring the break in oil. And, where is it written that the revelation of being snookered into a deal for more than was disclosed should not be a cause for stress? You guys bumped this from $600 to $848.00 to $1450.00, while charging shipping rate at a local pickup on a cam kit I didn’t even order, and because I show a little concern I get punished with a lesser job?You want to CHARGE MORE than agreed AND DELIVER LESS? I should have shouting at the top of my lungs.

To top that off, Justin, who you, Aaron, recommended to me, without by or leave jumped into my car and drove off without my presence and without my permission, which has further complicated matters not to mention your friends who also laid hands on my car which was not my understanding of what would be taking place. Now I come to find that there are missing and switched parts and my relatively low mileage Jetta had all OE parts up to now. There is something missing off the undercarriage and there is also what looks to be damage to the chassis from a jack just in front of the dogbone.

Thanks to Justin’s insistence that I change a perfectly good OEM coolant Temp Sensor for one of the Bora Parts Rein units, when it only needed to have the O-ring and retainer changed. Hey it just leaked. There was no dash light or code. So now the car now runs 1 click cold on the street and the coolant hasn‘t level moved, so I don’t think it’s a bubble. Why did Justin have to insist that I change out my perfectly good OEM Coolant temp sensor?The one he gave me back is that even mine. We will see if it works. Maybe it broke, just by coincidence. Turbo diesel site says leave it in if it’s not broken and just fix the leak. Maybe the Guru really needed to sell that $15 sensor. This was unnecessary work.

I am taking the car back to the same dealership I took it too just prior to the GTG for inspection.

The TDI Club forum has some very intelligent people in its ranks, but they, to their credit, have remained silent. Those who have spoken up have suggested that there should be some necessity for consensus on the matter of break in oil because you, Aaron, said so. You also said that a cam break in is a recommended procedure so you and I are already in consensus on that point. It is only you and I that need to agree about that. You sold and I bought on that basis. What road and track thinks is irrelevant at this stage. You cannot promise something and deliver less for the same money. You cannot raise the cost in midstream without raising the value. Since you think you can, we have a dispute.

You made the initial sale, but a job not completed to Bora Parts owns recommended standard is, simply, SUBSTANDARD. You have to take responsibility for not living up to what you promised. You have to adjust for that. I have to adjust for that.

You are going to need to make an adjustment for that and you are going to need to make an adjustment for the sneaky and conniving sales approach which is the true crime here. You come here, crossing state lines, performing unlicensed work, not disclosing up from true costs and then using intimidation, your hot-dogging buddies trickery and limp mode to collect more than the job should cost. I’m not buying that and I never did. There’s more, much more, I could say but I won’t say. Wehaveadispute, so settle the dispute, in real life, in a business life way and not in the forum and refrain from attempting further intimidation and insult.

Recently, you offered me the choice of a replacement OEM N75 or a Pierburg and I told you I want my OEM part back and again you then retracted this choice and changed it, after the fact of agreement. Enough already!

It is clear that you are a rich kid who was handed this business on a platter because it is obvious that you feel entitled to do anything you please, even steal Volkswagen’s trademark “Bora” to name your own business with.You cannot steal from me. You have employed implausible deniability to lure, deceive and intimidate, though your cohorts. Now the feedback comes your way and you don’t like it. So, stand up for and by yourself. Aren’t you a business man?This is just business. It’s not high school and you cannot operate your whole life that way.One thing remains the same constant, then as now.

Economic truth: The milk buys the silver as the silver buys the milk.

You can’t change the price of milk while or after one drinks it. You can’t deliver less milk without receiving less silver in return, that is, unless you cheat. You created the conditions for this dispute and yet you don’t want it! Well either do I. You see, just like that we are approaching an accord…..

As for the rest of you; this is between me and the people I did business with.You are not a party to it and have no business in taking sides. The forum may be public, but the transaction is a private matter, between individuals, thus needs to be settled between parties involved only.

I have exercised a legal instrument and am quite willing to discuss the matter in a grown up business like way. Can you join in that process, Aaron?
If so, we should exchange an email and schedule a conversation by phone. I’m not out to take anything from anyone, but I will not be taken either. Compromise is in order. If we can do that, we can work through this and hopefully, reasonably quickly.

Good day,
Jon

TDIJosh

TDI
2x Passat b5.5 TDI's
It is clear that you are a rich kid who was handed this business on a platter because it is obvious that you feel entitled to do anything you please, even steal Volkswagen’s trademark “Bora” to name your own business with.You cannot steal from me.
Aaron built this business with his bare hands. He started it in his dorm room in college and slowly grew it. It is still a relatively small business, because he is competing with some much larger companies he has to keep his margins very low in order to stay competitive. This sometimes results in difficulties related to volume/customer service issues (mostly due to lack of manpower) but never, ever have I known him to steal from anyone.
The TDI Club forum has some very intelligent people in its ranks, but they, to their credit, have remained silent.
Are you trying to say that the many Veteran Members and moderators that have posted here trying to assist you (and calling you on your inconsistencies) are not intelligent, and only this magical, mysterious, nonexistent "intelligent but silent crowd" clearly have your back? If by this you mean the voices in your head then sure, there are probably countless "Jon's" that agree with you, but I assure you this silent group of people who you feel support you don't really exist anywhere outside your imagination.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
"Sounds like someone who was abandoned as a child and raised by a pack of therapists".

-Craig T. Nelson as "Coach"

Last edited:

Dimitri16V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Golf, 04 Golf
For the record , VWoA does not own the "Bora" trademark in the US , only in Europe , so your vile threat to Aaron has no grounds

Dude , you went home having exceeded your "allowance" and your wife kicked your a$$ , just admit it :rolleyes:

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Yet you seem bent on winning the court of public opinion as well. That's not going to happen here. You are a relative newbie with a documented record of being difficult to deal with (as evidenced by numerous posts). You are attacking members who have served many here very well over the years, and they are disputing your claims with their own documentation. Do you really think those of us who've been here for all these years are going to believe you over them? That is delusional. You are going to go through the legal process now because you stiffed Aaron. No matter how that comes out you are a pariah in this community. The unfortunate fallout from your brief involvement here is that GTG business is probably going to be much more onerous to conduct. This serves neither vendor nor customer well.
I'm very curious to know how many legal disputes you've been involved in over the years.

Last edited:

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
To be fair, I got my check deposited and cleared before any shenanigans could occur with my payment.

Last edited:

dlai

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat, Stonehenge Gray, 2002 Black Golf 5M
He's a racist F**k as well:

"really mostly from Frankenfurter and Spring Roll or whatever their names are"

My car was in the corner by where Justin works since it was not running at the time. We pushed the car to that corner and were working on it when your heated discussion with Justin occurred about the cam, prices, and such. Everyone in that wareshouse could hear you, BTW. There is something seriously wrong with you...

Last edited:

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI

My car was in the corner by where Justin works since it was not running at the time. We pushed the car to that corner and were working on it when your heated discussion with Justin occurred about the cam, prices, and such. Everyone in that wareshouse could hear you, BTW. There is something seriously wrong with you...
:mad: :( sorry Dan..... Too bad he didn't know I'm Jewish. Maybe he wouldn't have let me work on his car and we could have avoided this whole mess. His ignorance is astounding.

Dimitri16V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Golf, 04 Golf
:mad: :( sorry Dan..... Too bad he didn't know I'm Jewish. Maybe he wouldn't have let me work on his car and we could have avoided this whole mess. His ignorance is astounding.

That did it ...the camshaft will be worn in a week :D

jettasetta

TDI
Yet you seem bent on winning the court of public opinion as well. That's not going to happen here. You are a relative newbie with a documented record of being difficult to deal with (as evidenced by numerous posts). You are attacking members who have served many here very well over the years, and they are disputing your claims with their own documentation. Do you really think those of us who've been here for all these years are going to believe you over them? That is delusional. You are going to go through the legal process now because you stiffed Aaron. No matter how that comes out you are a pariah in this community. The unfortunate fallout from your brief involvement here is that GTG business is probably going to be much more onerous to conduct. This serves neither vendor nor customer well.
I'm very curious to know how many legal disputes you've been involved in over the years.
No I don’t I stand the minutest chance of a fair hearing here.I do understand your position, but you do not seem to fathom the possibility of a dark side in any one but me and yet, dark are the expressions of many in the membership here, so who are you more in common with?
The degree of hostility aimed at me at the GTG was palpable. I’ve never intended any ill will toward anyone in this forum. I may be different and an outsider, however, I don’t see why just being that justifies such hate.
I’m finding colored dots all over my engine parts, things look different.
This is rather like the vilification of a person in order to justify ripping him off.
To mislead me on Parts price policy is a rip off.
To gradient sell is a rip off when not put in writing upfront.
So I am an outsider. These people are not perfect.
I stand for myself, not for you or your friends.
Even you good people can get ugly. Even and outsider can be right some of the time.
You fancy yourselves perfect and me all bad. Considering those odds how could you ever be wrong about a thing like that?

jettasetta

TDI

My wife is Asian.

So your name looks like dahl, that lentle soup.
You said I came back with a sour [also a kind of taste] face. I had only eaten lousy taco bell and it was late, I was tired and just had my first limp mode.

I think you are a psychopath.

You asked why did you come back the next day (when you spoke in a very ugly tone to me), the social day, to torture yourself? That was very telling because it shows your mindset that evening, you already had a kind of loathing of me. There was motive, and there were opportunities for you to favor your BEW over another human being.

I came fort two reasons to get another read on the situation and to see if there were any friendly people in the group and I was pleased to meet a few.

Can anyone explain all the Green dots on parts that never had green dots before? And why the other three colored dots, blue, yellow and pinkish, all inj a row on my block? Why is my other valve, the one opposite the N75 that got switched out now different too? I'm going to the dealership tomorrow.
I'd say you and David, (Frankfurter) were amongst the worst of the lot. Reminiscences of you two left a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak.

You are an opportunist. This shows now because you have gone as far as anyone here; your opportunity to place yourself so firmly within the bosom of the group.Well good for you. Glad I could be of service.

You still are a poor judge of character.

jettasetta

TDI
On august 10th I emailed Jettasetta the following:
I was clear there about labor costs. Actually I charged him $450 and NOT the agreed upon $500. I unfortunately misinformed him about the shipping costs. I am not a Boraparts employee and do not keep track of every promotion they offer. If he'd ordered his parts in a timely manner, and not 12 hrs before departure and 10 minutes before deadline, I'm sure this would have been clear to him.

At the GTG I went over my labor costs and also showed him parts costs on Boraparts repeatedly. I showed him the price of the cam/lifter/timing belt kit, I showed him the timing belt kit alone, and I showed him the timing belt kit with a seperate cam/lifter kit. There are MANY people to corroborate this. I even tethered my computer to my phone so I could pull up the Boraparts website on the larger computer screen for him to see. Where was there a bait and switch? I gave you the option of replacing only the timing belt and leaving the camshaft alone. You chose to do the cam. I gave you the option of using the coolant temp sensor o-ring only, but you chose to put in the sensor with it. Yes both I recommended, as it MAKES SENSE to not spend labor twice. There was NO arm-twisting or whatnot. I still can't tell if you are truly the most obtuse person the most devious and deceptive person I've ever met. Either way, I'll never work for you again and I pity those who do.
And I emailed him back as follows:

Justin, point taken and I appreciate the reduction. However, please do understand that I consider the loss of the w pump and opportunity to inspect certain parts as a tangible loss. I can certainly acknowledge your forthrightness concerning your labor prices.

The problem resided in your role as Aaron’s sales agent, intended or otherwise. The parts price information was not conveyed in a clear concise and timely manner. This issue came up earlier and I wanted to speak to Aaron directly, but he delegated, first to Joshua, then to you, by way of neglecting to be present. At the very least there should have been a paper or electronic catalogue, on site, exclusively for the use of spenders to access parts prices. Insofar as what I was charged, I don’t perceive such prices as typical of what you might expect to see at a show, where sales are direct to attendees. This is far from professional. Don’t scream about low margins. He quoted me $300. For black Euro side trim available elsewhere for $200.

The matter pertaining to price reductions for not having to ship items was first alluded to by you, when you said that Aaron could bring the parts to the GTG and so avoid shipping charges. Then, to flush that out, I emailed Aaron directly inquiring into such savings and he avoided the issue by way of delegating to Joshua. It was this avoidance that put things off. So I started to lose interest as my life grew in complexity. His site claims “free shipping” but we all know it’s just added onto the price. So it seems he does not want to broach the subject. Then you two should have your presentation better rehearsed. That way he could charge his “free shipping” rates at the GTG whilst I shipped myself to and fro and pay for lodging in-between. At the event Aaron was an absent landlord, only showing up to sell tunes but not very available otherwise. I come all this way so he can avoid talking price until my engine is apart? That’s just the old pressure move. It goes only so far before it may explode in one’s face.

As Aaron’s sales agent, your representation of parts cost was inconsistent, at best and this is the lion share of the expense. I felt like a mark in a confidence game and that’s putting it mildly, given the general vibe coming from the main characters about my proximity. I have done nothing to deserve such treatment, save trying to make ends meet and strike a bargain. Is that really such a crime? I think not. I know what crime is and that wouldn’t be it. So, I’m not a bad guy and I don’t dump oil, or run down unicorns. I am, however, observant and attentive to details and can generally discern who and what is going on around me. In this context, I realize what I must represent, in actual and potential terms to the various players. How many of your appointments dropped fourteen hundred and fifty dollars? How many served to advance club unity as I did? What kind of choice did I have in the matter, standing there with my engine down?

Where was Aaron, then and where was he today? Whatever Aaron wants me to do on his website will have to be proceeded by something approximating generosity; to the truth and to what is fair and reasonable and should be expressed in writing, devoid of any further evasiveness. I have spent my quotient of time for that in San Pablo. In fact, I really don’t have any more time for it. I’m expecting a return on my time and aggravation. Let’s get down to the business of resolving this. Sometimes one is required to make a showing in the real world rather than through the internet or by proxy. Playing hide and seek or peekaboo just isn’t going to cut it.-J

jettasetta

TDI
Keep it on topic.
Source: http://www.mellingengine.com/Portals/5/pdf/pdf_catalog/Camshaft-Break-In-Proced-Rev4-12-07.pdf

Recommended Camshaft Break-In Procedures

In order to give your camshaft and lifters the best possible chance to make it through the first crucial moments of operation upon initial startup and provide a long, trouble-free service life, the following is recommended:

PRELUBE BY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING METHODS

BEST
Pressure Tank System: The pressure tank system is by far the best method of making all air is purged from the oil galleys. Prelube until oil is seen at the rocker arms. Use an oil recommended by the manufacturer, do NOT use a non-detergent oil.

NEXT BEST
Spinning The Oil Pump: Using a priming tool, turn the pump with a drill until oil is seen at the rocker arms. Priming tools are available from Melling.

LEAST DESIRABLE
Free Spinning The Engine: Remove the spark plugs and turn the engine with the starter until oil pressure is noted on the gauge.

BEFORE STARTING: Set the timing and be sure fuel is in the carburetor or injection before cranking. This will assure the engine starts with the least amount of cranking.

START THE ENGINE: After it starts, check for oil pressure and bring the RPM to 1500-2000. If the pressure is good, run the engine at this RPM range for 20 minutes. After this run in period, final adjustments can be made and the engine put in service.

Below is a list of oils with higher levels of wear preventive additives that may be more desirable during flat tappet break-in. All of the oils listed below also have flashpoints above 400° F.

Delo 400
Delvac
Rotella T

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
I swear, I've read more sane ramblings from sovereign citizens.

jettasetta, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may Kitteh have mercy on your soul.

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
I'm picturing Jon as a less articulate but somehow whinier version of Dwight Schrute from The Office. Definitely an Assistant to the Assistant Regional Manager...

Dimitri16V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Golf, 04 Golf
to avoid subjecting us to your ramblings , what do you want in monetary terms ? because at the end of the day , it is always about the $$
You brought the dispute here in this forum , so lay your demands

Here are your options

if you still have the old cam/lifters , Justin can swap it back

then return the new camshaft/lifters to Aaron and pay the bank fees

Frankencar

Veteran Member
TDI
1991 GTI +TDI, Lifted 98 NB TDI, Corrado TDI Swap, 15 Golf TDI, a dozen TDI motors etc...
...really mostly from Frankenfurter and Spring Roll or whatever their names are...
Really - call the German guy Frankenfurter (try Frankfurter next time, or are are you under the impression I'm transsexual?) and the Asian guy Spring roll? What will you come up with for the Jewish guy and the Mormon guy? Have a little respect.

And about Frankenfurter:

...I am, however, observant and attentive to details...
yeah - like thinking my screen name is Frankenfurter... :rolleyes:

dlai

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat, Stonehenge Gray, 2002 Black Golf 5M
Jon:

Let's see, I posted that you were technically challenged. No pics of your cam, you ask 40x40 for help, he tells you to pound sand.
I posted you probably came back on Sunday with a hidden agenda. You wrote you came back to get another read on the situation. See, you did have a hidden agenda.

I write as I see it. If you start attacking Justin and Aaron unjustly, then I have every right to post on "your" thread since I was there and overheard your rant.

I am hardly throwing myself into the mix by choice. Believe me, if my car had been running I would have be out of there way before you showed up. As far as I"m concerned, you're the one who intruded in my space when David was working on my car with your ranting. You also intruded in my space when you came back at night with your limp mode since David was working on my car. They all made the decision to help you out when you came back, so I decided to wait. I certainly understand how it's not fun driving a car in limp mode but now in hindsight, I should have asked them take care of my car first given how ungrateful you are.

I am hardly a poor judgement of character since I called you out. I do feel sorry for your wife, Asian or not. She is the one with poor judgement of character since she married you.

Keep posting with all your nonsense, you're doing a great job of making yourself look worse and worse with every post.

jettasetta

TDI
to avoid subjecting us to your ramblings , what do you want in monetary terms ? because at the end of the day , it is always about the $$
You brought the dispute here in this forum , so lay your demands

Here are your options

if you still have the old cam/lifters , Justin can swap it back

then return the new camshaft/lifters to Aaron and pay the bank fees
I brought my need for advice. I did change the oil and filter.

Please don’t presuppose authority to set forth any options here.
There is nothing here but this.
Besides, you cannot replace mixed up lifers and bearings or run an old cam with new lifters. They were not placed in any order, nor were the bearings.

Clearly by now, the general lack of interest in seeing camshaft photos is apparent as are my recently lost picture posting permissions.

It is a thing of beauty and will make a nice lamp.

I’m hopefully going to learn a few things from the dealership and elsewhere over the next few days. I brought no dispute here. I’m pulled off topic ever since Justin brought it here. I would have been content to keep talking camshaft break in procedures.

I brought this dispute to Aaron. He’s a big boy. He will find a way to address it. I’ve stated the channels of communication are open.

It is the membership that has made it worse.

People on their own are just people.

It’s when they fall into groups that people suck most. I figure as individuals even the majority here is probably not half bad.

I think car clubs, generally, can become overly concerned with cars, even when it may be more appropriate to attend to other matters.
I'm a driver alright but I try to keep it in perspective. I wouldn't just run someone down.

Were it not for this groups love of TDI cultural conformity, smart phones; the snippy detractors throwing bits of wood on the fire for their own amusement and the ones so quick to call for censorship…

We wouldn’t have had this time together.

Aaron and I can sort this out.

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
Last edited:

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon is an idiot.

You scammed a vendor here and expect the forum members to take your side? As it is right now, you're a thief- a petty criminal.

Nothing in your post above makes any sense. Explain how this is Aaron's issue?

As for your images- post the links in plain text - that is if you can figure out how to post them to photobucket or imgur.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.