Passenger door wont unlock with remote

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
My battery died, but has now been charged, and now my key fob remote won't unlock the passenger door, everything else works fine. Is there a simple fix for this? Thanks,
Dean

jtnf

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 B7 Passat
Coincidental timing perhaps?
My 03 has two failed actuators currently (left rear and right front)

Did you notice occasional misfires before the battery swap?

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
The doors do unlock with the switch on the drivers door, they just won't unlock with the remote, so I think that the acctuators are fine.

jtnf

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 B7 Passat
Erm... I believe VW/Audi has variable programming for key fob behavior (for example, I've read of VAGCOM mods to make a VW behave audi-ish for remote window up/down...)
Is there an Audi-like behavior where you double- or triple-tap the fob release for all the doors versus the drivers?

What I'm getting at is whether there are discreet outputs on the body controller for each door actuator. If so, the programming may be a little fritzed and the drivers master lock/unlock input is working and the RKE is not.

jtnf

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 B7 Passat
Erm... I believe VW/Audi has variable programming for key fob behavior (for example, I've read of VAGCOM mods to make a VW behave audi-ish for remote window up/down...)
Is there an Audi-like behavior where you double- or triple-tap the fob release for all the doors versus the drivers?

What I'm getting at is whether there are discreet outputs on the body controller for each door actuator. If so, the programming may be a little fritzed and the drivers master lock/unlock input is working and the RKE is not.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/vwmkIV.html#46

Looks like there is some selective unlock functionality that can be set with vagcom. Whether this is a lead on the issue I have no idea.