Passat TDI Manual Swap Fluid?

Yetii

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 TDi Passat
So I bought a B5 TDi Passat with a bad auto tranny for cheap. Contacted Frans from DutchAutoParts and bought a manual swap kit from him. He sent over a GFL trans. I asked him what the OEM part number was for the manual transmission fluid. He told me this: G 052 911 A2 when I look at the fluid on ECS it tells me it’s a GL-5 spec fluid. As I read and known from owning other VWs, I shouldn’t use GL-5 in the transmission I should use GL-4. If this is the correct fluid then that’s fine, I just wanted to make sure. If it is not the correct fluid can someone please tell me the OEM part number. Thank you!

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
So I bought a B5 TDi Passat with a bad auto tranny for cheap. Contacted Frans from DutchAutoParts and bought a manual swap kit from him. He sent over a GFL trans. I asked him what the OEM part number was for the manual transmission fluid. He told me this: G 052 911 A2 when I look at the fluid on ECS it tells me it’s a GL-5 spec fluid. As I read and known from owning other VWs, I shouldn’t use GL-5 in the transmission I should use GL-4. If this is the correct fluid then that’s fine, I just wanted to make sure. If it is not the correct fluid can someone please tell me the OEM part number. Thank you!
Check this thread out.

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
Here is my approach (post # 6 in the thread linked below) with the best results so far (including when I took the Passat to much colder climates in Colorado winter):