Passat NMS VCDS Tricks / Upgrades

powerstroker363

TDI
2013 Passat SEL DSG, 2014 Passat SEL DSG (SOLD), 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins
Ok guys need some help, I'm going to be running LED DRL. I know I saw somewhere there is coding to make it where your DRL's stay on all the time. I want to be able to show off my LED's..

Tdi140

TDI
Passat Highline 2013
Rain sensor

hi all,
i m a Passat 2013 owner, highline model
i asked my dealer to activate rain sensor but they told me it s impossible because this option is not approved in Canada.
so i met a nice guy who has a VCD and we plug my car with it...
we did
SELECT
then we got this

then we supposed to highlight the RLS line then longcoding
then check or unchecked what i want right?
i m a little chicken and scared to srap my brand new car so we stop there...
do you think it will be ok and safe to go on...
can i go back to default if something wrong?
how to?:confused:
thanks for your help...
my car is a 2013
i have the sensor and manuf date is 08-2013
Thanks!

Last edited:

rojovilla

TDI
2013 VW Passat TDi SEL Opera Red/Cornsilk Beige
can i reload log file as backup or just a reference to back up manualy?
It's a reference of what was originally there, and shouldn't be too much trouble to reinstate anything you've changed. I'm not sure if there's a way to reload the default, but I'll let someone with more experience chime in :D

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

El Funko

TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI
Does anyone know whether there's an option in VCDS to force the headlights (when in auto mode) to be turned on by default whenever the windshield wipers are on? In NY, state law requires lights on with wipers. but some days are not dark enough to trip the headlights and I end up running with DRLs and wipers unless I switch it manually.

NickBeek

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI 2006 Dodge Ram
Does anyone know whether there's an option in VCDS to force the headlights (when in auto mode) to be turned on by default whenever the windshield wipers are on? In NY, state law requires lights on with wipers. but some days are not dark enough to trip the headlights and I end up running with DRLs and wipers unless I switch it manually.
This ^^^

Most vehicles with auto lamps I have owned did this automatically. Wipers on = lights on.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace Deprave

Veteran Member
TDI
Former owner of a 2012 Passat SE TDI (traded for a 2015 Golf R)
This ^^^

Most vehicles with auto lamps I have owned did this automatically. Wipers on = lights on.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My headlights do come on with the wipers, but only on normal and high modes, not with intermittent.

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Are the DRLs not considered to be "headlights" to the local authorities?? It's a light nonetheless.
Not in the case of headlight when raining laws. Most are written to include running lights and tail lights. The only way that happens is for your actual headlights to be on, not just DRL's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JdC Machine

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SEL
Not in the case of headlight when raining laws. Most are written to include running lights and tail lights. The only way that happens is for your actual headlights to be on, not just DRL's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I figured the running lights would come into play.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Same here in VA - headlight use is required, not just DRLs. The folks who run around in the rain or at dusk with only their DRLs on drive me crazy... it makes it very difficult to see their cars. Turn all of the lights on and be safe!

diesel55

TDI
2014 Passat SEL
Took my 2014 SEL to the dealer for a 3 month courtesy check. I asked the service manager if he could calibrate the fuel consumption gauge 105%, as it overstates MPG about 5%. He had no idea what I was talking about, and his service guy had no idea either. Is this something I need to do on my own, i.e. buy the cable?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Only if you want it done. Or find someone close with the cable to do it for you. Check the VCDS locate thread. The dealers for the most part are clueless or unable to do things like this. I think the tools they use at work are limiting them as well even if they wanted to do this for you.

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 (A3) TDI SEL Premium (Reflex Silver / Moonrock)
Took my 2014 SEL to the dealer for a 3 month courtesy check. I asked the service manager if he could calibrate the fuel consumption gauge 105%, as it overstates MPG about 5%. He had no idea what I was talking about, and his service guy had no idea either. Is this something I need to do on my own, i.e. buy the cable?
You dealer is either playing dumb or they are!

sjc*2

TDI
2013 passat tdi Comfortline
It is possible to have the HVAC remember the last setting of the heated seats by going to select control modules; 08 auto hvac; adaption 10 under advance functions; select channel in the top bar; you will find retention of drivers seat level. Go to new value and select active or active for 10 mins. Passenger appears to not be installed
This should appear at the beginning of this thread with the other mods. Good for us northerners....:)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
This should appear at the beginning of this thread with the other mods. Good for us northerners....:)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk
I did this for the driver's seat only. Passenger side is possible, but I've heated up my yogurt too many times on the way to work (alone) to leave it on :)

sjc*2

TDI
2013 passat tdi Comfortline
Doesn't seem to work for remote start though. Did I miss something?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Hypermile

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG Comfortline+Sport Pkg
Starting this thread to keep track of VCDS tips and tricks which apply to the American Passat. A lot will carry over from other models, but this will give one spot to look for Passat owners.

Here's a list of links:

Enable Rain Sensing Wipers. 2012s come with this turned off.

Enable Rain Closing Feature. Shuts all the windows and sunroof when the alarm is set and the windshield gets wet.

Remote Control Windows / Sunroof. As of April 2012 we do not know how to enable remote control of the windows. I was able to get remote opening / closure of the sunroof working by changing the long coding on my Body Control Module.

Enable Voice Commands on the RNS-510 These get turned off by an update, but are easy to re-activate.

Thanks,

-Jason
I enabled Fogs as DRL. You can have just the fogs, or fogs and original drl as you DRL. I did in on my cousins '12 Passat last weekend, I will do it on my car when I take delivery of my '13 this weekend.

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Hope I'm not too late to the party on this, but just tried to enable Rain closure on my '14 SEL Premium and alas, no Rain sensor. The drop box is grayed out in the Central Electrics module.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
correct, sensor behind the mirror has been removed in late 13 SE's and all 14's :(

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Hope I'm not too late to the party on this, but just tried to enable Rain closure on my '14 SEL Premium and alas, no Rain sensor. The drop box is grayed out in the Central Electrics module.
Yup. Can't enable something that isn't there. :(

TBKnbaNYC

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI SE 6MT
I just bought a 2014 Passat TDI SE (manual transmission)... and I'm hating the Hill Hold feature. Seems like the only way to turn it off is with VCDS?

Has anyone successfully used VCDS with a 2014 Passat?