Passat NMS VCDS Tricks / Upgrades

nois

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL
... the headlights will no longer stay on a while after locking the car up and walking away nor when unlocking it as you approach.
Is the coming home/leaving home setting still turned on?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Is your headlight switch in AUTO or OFF? There is a setting in VCDS to disable coming/leaving with the headlight switch OFF.

Ewing

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Light switch is in auto and the feature is enabled in MFI. I don't get it...

What I also noticed since activating the rain sensor and rain close features is that my ATA Confirm horn beep when locking the car has become much louder. It used to be just a slight little chirp when stock that you wouldn't mind setting off late at night but now it's more like a full horn beep. Any ideas how to get that lesser horn beep back?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Light switch is in auto and the feature is enabled in MFI. I don't get it...

What I also noticed since activating the rain sensor and rain close features is that my ATA Confirm horn beep when locking the car has become much louder. It used to be just a slight little chirp when stock that you wouldn't mind setting off late at night but now it's more like a full horn beep. Any ideas how to get that lesser horn beep back?
It should have always been the full horn beep. :confused:

Ewing

TDI
It wasn't though...It's not that big a deal but it is a big difference. I'll get used to it. I'm just surprised no one can shed any light on those coding changes related to the headlights. :(

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Which coding changes did you actually make? The way I read your earlier post, the Coming/Leaving Home just quit working without any coding changes being made by you. :confused:

Ewing

TDI
Which coding changes did you actually make? The way I read your earlier post, the Coming/Leaving Home just quit working without any coding changes being made by you. :confused:
That is correct....Again, no big deal. I'm more concerned with the coming/leaving home feature. That is something I would like to get back.

Last edited:

jpbran

TDI
2013 Passat SE/Nav/Roof
Pretty sure I read that normally it IS a full horn beep when you lock the car, but if you have the $250 alarm option/upgrade, it is sorta just a half-beep/chirp. (that's what I have and it's still the same after activating wipers/rain.) Your alarm might be disengaged now maybe?

Ewing

TDI
Good point. Mine did came with the alarm option and I know I once did get lost in the BCM module and might have inadvertently checked or unchecked something. I definitely miss the half horn chirp. Hopefully I'll figure it out someday.

Coming/Leaving home only works when it's dark out right? That may be my problem. Going to wait till it gets dark tonight to confirm.

VWJayhawk

Veteran Member
TDI
Good point. Mine did came with the alarm option and I know I once did get lost in the BCM module and might have inadvertently checked or unchecked something. I definitely miss the half horn chirp. Hopefully I'll figure it out someday.

Coming/Leaving home only works when it's dark out right? That may be my problem. Going to wait till it gets dark tonight to confirm.
That's correct - it is only a feature if the light sensor recognizes it's dark (same as if the headlights come on automatically). Let us know what you find...good luck!

Ewing

TDI
Coming home feature was working, it was too bright out when I was trying it. Thanks guys. I went back to stock though, the projectors are garbage at night. At least mine were. I'm hoping HID's are offered in the 2014 Passats and we can retrofit or a US based vendor makes their own kit.

russx82

TDI
1999.5 Jetta,2013 Passat SEL TDI
memory seat

Hello all,
Trying to get the memory seat to adjust by the personalized key setting,the only way it will adjust now is to hold down the memory seat button until its fully adjusted. Is there a setting in the vag-com? If the personalized key doesn't adjust the seat and mirrors what is the purpose of the personalized keys?
2013 passat tdi sel premium.
Thanks, Russ

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Russ: Key presets are recalled when the key fob unlocks the vehicle.

Lock the car, then unlock it with the key that you wish to program (MFI settings, seat settings, mirror memory), and try again.

mattfrayage

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat NMS TDI SEL Premium
while playing around in instruments, noticed blinkers sound seems to be controlled thru a speaker: as my grandfather is deaf in one ear it is hard for him to hear it at its current volume level... anybody out there have a way / procedure to increase the blinker speaker's loudness? any help on this would be appreciated greatly:)

Deezil_n_Dachs

Veteran Member
TDI
First mods for this newb.

The MicroCAN cable was delivered yesterday. We went out to the garage this morning and enabled the auto wipers, auto close, voice control for the nav system, and increased the comfort turn from 3 to 5. The wiener dogs were getting impatient but the instructions that have been posted here made the changes fairly simple. :rolleyes: We had to search for the exact mapping for the blinker change though. It wasn't as straight forward as everything else.
So, the Scangauge is ordered and the Panzer Plate just showed up. It's gonna get busy around here pretty soon! ;)

Jarrod B

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI
Idr if it was mentioned or not. Has anyone found the code to keep the engine running after opening the door from remote start?

Jarrod B

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI
To me it sounds like a ecu program that has to be updated than a simple code fix.

When my car was at the body shop, I was given a dodge rental and it had the same features as my SEL. But it's remote start was more practical by just pressing the start button to keep it running after you got in the car.

mattfrayage

Veteran Member
TDI
if you miss your guage sweeping on the golfs etc, one can turn it on in these chinese clusters- i think??? by: go to 17- instruments- go to adaption- select indicator celebration
set to active and viola
just on a side note i really hope this isnt going to turn my kombii into a fancy looking brick as this could be for calibration maybe???:eek:
see it in action here :http://youtu.be/UtdVRucjL4s

VeeDubTDI

TDI
if you miss your guage sweeping on the golfs etc, one can turn it on in these chinese clusters- i think??? by: go to 17- instruments- go to adaption- select indicator celebration
set to active and viola
just on a side note i really hope this isnt going to turn my kombii into a fancy looking brick as this could be for calibration maybe???:eek:
see it in action here :http://youtu.be/UtdVRucjL4s
There has been some discussion that the gauge sweeping may not work on the Passat. I haven't tried it.

mattfrayage

Veteran Member
TDI
There has been some discussion that the gauge sweeping may not work on the Passat. I haven't tried it.
it does work on mine however it only works on cluster h07-705; NOT h07-507, as 507 says channel not available, it therefore may only work on 2013 model year cars, BTW did ya like the video, did it myself:sorry for the Saudi meeper; i was just too lazy to switch it back to american yet as we are still 8.5 k from our next service
also need to give a yell out to jbrattdi and texaspassat12 on the vortex for figuring out this tiny HW difference

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Video looks great! Also, the Saudi beeper is better than the American beeper in my opinion.

JdC Machine

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SEL
I didn't notice anywhere in the owner's manual if the key FOBs can be synced to keep the same memory functions between the 2. For instance, if the battery died in one and you aren't able to immediately replace the battery and used the other as a back-up. Is it possible without trying to reset seat and mirror positions for the other key?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Not possible as far as I know, but it's easy enough to reprogram it with your settings.