Passat NMS VCDS Tricks / Upgrades

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Yes - sorry, couldn't remember who was asking for it, so just confirming that is what is pictured.

rojovilla

TDI
2013 VW Passat TDi SEL Opera Red/Cornsilk Beige
Yes - sorry, couldn't remember who was asking for it, so just confirming that is what is pictured.
No worries, man. However, I can't get the voice activation to work for the RNS-510 Nav/Maps. I followed the directions posted by Colorado Driver. When I get to that byte/bit, it's already enabled. Anyone anyone? Thanks in advance! :D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
No worries, man. However, I can't get the voice activation to work for the RNS-510 Nav/Maps. I followed the directions posted by Colorado Driver. When I get to that byte/bit, it's already enabled. Anyone anyone? Thanks in advance! :D

Turn it off, exit out of the module, go back in and turn it back on, exit out of the module. Power the car off, then power the car back on, give it a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rojovilla

TDI
2013 VW Passat TDi SEL Opera Red/Cornsilk Beige
Turn it off, exit out of the module, go back in and turn it back on, exit out of the module. Power the car off, then power the car back on, give it a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks LokiWolf...I will try tonight or tomorrow and report back!

Also, look at the Firmware thread. VWNorm posted some additional steps that might help.

NickBeek

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI 2006 Dodge Ram

I have a couple more pics if you can't make that out.

Thanks Rojo. Unfortunately, mine is just a blank piece of foam in the middle of the mount. I guess no goodies for me unless I can source the sensor and install it.....

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
I note that you have an SE, which I don't think has it in 2013 - only the SEL got them in 2013, and it may not have been all of them.

- Tim

Last edited:

eyedunno

TDI
2013 Passat SE, DSG,Sunroof and Nav
I bought my SE at the end of May but I believe the build date was November. I think it was a mid year change for the SE.

sanjaun2

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI 2012 Passat TDI
Thanks! Worked like a champ! Awesome turning off the car and the radio still plays until i get out. LIKE IT SHOULD!

Code:
radio on until door open
17-Instruments
7-coding
LCH
bit 4-7 change to germany
then do it
using MFI change units back to F and mph
221E01 = NMS Stock
211E01 = GERMANY
This is the most important change to me of all the ones listed. I cant get it to work. When I change bit 4-7 to Germany it changes the code to 011E01 even when I had 211E01 in there previously. It does change the MFI to metric though. What am I doing wrong?

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
Just to confirm, My '13 SE+Nav has the sensor and the rain sensing wipers work perfect, but the windows up in rain do not

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Just to confirm, My '13 SE+Nav has the sensor and the rain sensing wipers work perfect, but the windows up in rain do not
Not quite, the rain sensing wipers and windows up both work. What does not (yet) appear to work it the windows up and down with the remote (key fob). What VCDS does is to add these options to your MFD menus. Once the coding is changed, you can turn these "features" on and off by check boxes in your MFD menu system.

Have Fun!

Don

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
Oh, good to know- I will make sure to turn that on. Thanks :D

powerstroker363

TDI
2013 Passat SEL DSG, 2014 Passat SEL DSG (SOLD), 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins
Need some help guys, I was doing was VCDS coding and now my alarm doesn't chirp when I lock the doors with the remote. All was doing was the rain sensor wipers, Hill Hold and some other things. I have the anti-theft system already checked and didn't change anything in that byte.

mattfrayage

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat NMS TDI SEL Premium
Need some help guys, I was doing was VCDS coding and now my alarm doesn't chirp when I lock the doors with the remote. All was doing was the rain sensor wipers, Hill Hold and some other things. I have the anti-theft system already checked and didn't change anything in that byte.
go into MFI make sure ATA Confirm is checked- this is the on/off for it in us spec vehicles
if checked but you messed something up when using vcds:

go into CentralElectronicControlModule/BodyControlModule under adaption audible locking confirmation set to active- do it - done

Last edited:

powerstroker363

TDI
-Mattfrayage

I did that and still no horn beep when i lock the car with key fob or door handle. i put it back the way it was and still nothing. any thoughts? I even turn my country back to US and it still did nothing.

-Kris

mattfrayage

Veteran Member
TDI
-Mattfrayage

I did that and still no horn beep when i lock the car with key fob or door handle. i put it back the way it was and still nothing. any thoughts? I even turn my country back to US and it still did nothing.

-Kris
do an autoscan- if any faults appear in 09-central electronics post em here
if not however i would suspect something is loose or not functioning properly-
-if problem continues you may need to set your car back to stock and contact your dealer...
Good Luck
-Matt

mattfrayage

Veteran Member
TDI
when i first got my mirocan interface i first did an autoscan of our car to save every control module's factory long coding... just in case of something going wrong so i could revert back to factory stock- without this one could do it manually- but it would take a lot longer to figure/remember them all out!;)

powerstroker363

TDI
when i first got my mirocan interface i first did an autoscan of our car to save every control module's factory long coding... just in case of something going wrong so i could revert back to factory stock- without this one could do it manually- but it would take a lot longer to figure/remember them all out!;)
Well crap I didn't do that. :eek: I have a good memory so I should be able to figure it out. What would the dealer do if they saw the changes in VAGCOM? Hopefully not void my warranty. Thanks for the help.:)

-Kris

powerstroker363

TDI
Well crap I didn't do that. :eek: I have a good memory so I should be able to figure it out. What would the dealer do if they saw the changes in VAGCOM? Hopefully not void my warranty. Thanks for the help.:)
-Kris
Matt

Did the scan and found a couple codes:
Address 19: CAN Gateway
01044-Control Module Incorrectly Coded
000- -
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100000
Fault Priority: 1
Fault Frequency: 19
Mileage: 4893 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2002.14.16
Time: 18:49:43

Address 47: Sound System (R12)
9457664-Function limitation due to excessive temperature
B1050 00 [008]
Intermittent-Confirmed-Tested Since Memory Clear

524td

TDI
2013 passat tdi sel
Dealer scan question?

Taking car in for 20k service and was told that they do a scan of the systems. With the changes that I had done with VCDS will they find any changes to the system. The dealer does not seem to be mod friendly throwing denial of warranty coverage if problems found.