parts in your car from other countrys

vwrobert51

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
i have noticed that some of you have been concerned about parts on your car not mfg. in germany, the fact is if you were to look harder around your car you will find parts from mexico, poland ,spain ,hungry ,brazil ,,china ,japan, south africa ,usa, canada , (ect) dont worry about it, it just shows that if vw factory assembles cars around the world no matter what country it comes from,it meets vw quality control and they should be fine, as for replacement parts from vw parts dept. if its in a factory printed box or bag they meet the same quality. its the aftermarket parts that are copys of orignal parts that are in question, also some companys that make parts for vw (bosch, mann, ate, ect) are allowed to sell same parts under their mfg package. the ones that have problems or defects, are the one that were rejected by vw quality insp. i hope this clears the confusion.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Wrong answer, Buckwheat.

Not only are parts manufactured to inferior specs, they are stamped with genuine part numbers and logos, and put in counterfeited boxes.

In other words, you're buying crap and think you are getting quality product. The aircraft industry has long been infected with this plague.

Caveat emptor, folks.

FL2AK-tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS Sedan
paramedick said:
The aircraft industry has long been infected with this plague.quote]

We call it supsected fraudulent parts. The FAA has an entire program dedicated to it. Seems to be mostly centered in the small plane sector.

Which makes sense when an alternator for a Cessna 172 is the same as a Chrysler New Yorker but, because of the PMA stamp, cost $800 insdtead of the $80 that it should.

vwrobert51

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
paramedick , that may be so from what your use to seeing from back country stores ,but i can assure you the ones i use are genuine vw quality parts. (yeh i know sometimes you will get a new part failure but at least if its genuine, you have a parts waranty.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
vwrobert51,

You are incredibly insulting. "back country stores"? Listen up moron....you wouldn't HAVE any parts there in Hawaii since NO parts are manufactured there. They are all or mostly made in "back country" areas around the world. Get off your horse. Mann, Lightens, Sachs, Boge, Bilstein, Mann, Gates, continental, Graf etc are all outside vendors that sell VW parts and the general public alike. All warrantied for defects.

sheepeople are dangerous.....don't drink any more coolaid and there may be hope for you yet.