Partially heated seats.

ranger pete

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
I am the new owner of an '11 JSW. It has heated pleather seats.

I love heated seats, or more accurately, my stiff lower back loves them. My nether regions.....not so much. Things down there get sweaty enough as it is without help from a heated seat.

So, my question is, how difficult would it be to defeat the seat heat portion while retaining the back heat?

I would like to retain seat heat for chilly mornings, if possible, but if that gets to complicated, I will settle for back only.

Should be rather simple, assuming each heating insert is 12v and they are in parallel. If they are 2 6v pads in series though, it might be a problem.

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
A quick look in the manuals, shows that there are in fact 2 sperate heating elements. So I guess you could open it up and repin the harness to only go to the back portion, but that may require you to unstich the seat cushion.

You might be able to do this via vcds, you would be better suited in searching and asking in the Ross tech forum. That in my opinion would be the easiest and best way to go about it, if it's possible that way you retain the function for the future and you don't have to take apart the seat

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk