Part Number for ECU (T68) Wiring Pin?

twentyeight

Veteran Member
TDI
1Z & ALH
My bus doesn't have cruise control, though it's been activated though OBD and all pedals and switches register properly. Because I'm running AFN programming, I guess the computer expects to be an AFN, and the wiring diagram shows +12 V on pin 58, which is unpopulated on the B4 harness I used.

I'd like to hook this up, but I can't find any wiring pins that are small enough to fit in the T68 connector. Anyone have a part number? Or a T68 connector they want to send me? :)

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
I added one to my harness for a different signal, but what I did was pull one pin+wire from a power window harness at a junkyard, and inserted into the T68. Good luck. De-pinning is a pain.

twentyeight

Veteran Member
TDI
1Z & ALH
Woo hoo, cruise works!

For the record (because I'm all about the record), the pins that work for T68 (though without the nice little water plug on the end) are on the two-terminal plugs inside the door. I think they went to the lock or red alarm LED (so they might be driver's side only).

I made a small de-pinning tool from the windshield washer stainless steel strip by folding it in half and then grinding on a stone in my drill press. I tried with a paperclip first but had no luck.

Ok, just need to etch a board for my 4-bar MAP sensor and tweak the SOI map and my ECU will be done :)

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
Have a search under the user "burpod". He detailed the OE manufacturers, TE Connectivity iirc, part numbers and made a thread with the male & female pins and nearly every connector in the MK IVs, which a lot is compatible with the MK III's.