Panzer Plate?

GTOguy

TDI
'13 Beetle TDI 6spd, Rawtek/Malone 2.0 Eco
I see that Diesel Geek doesn't list one for our beetles and I don't see a way to email them on their site, probable have to set up an account. Dose anyone know anyone that makes a comparable product?

Big Poppa Pump

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Beetle TDI
I bought the one from ECS Tuning. I have not installed it because we've had 10 days of rain. Now I'm kicking myself in the head that I may very well have to send the car back to VW.

GTOguy

TDI
Pump, FYI the ECS tuning plate will not fit a Beetle with out modifications. It probably fits the Jetta just fine. I got mine to fit but I had to take the rear bend from -6 to +3 and grind a little clearance for the air deflectors that go from the fender to the inner wheel well liner. Then use a 1/4" spacer (supplied) in the center location at the rear and use 7/16" spacers on each side. I was able to use the supplied bolts. With these mods it fits and looks good. I would have had to use 1" spacers and the wheel well liners would have not reached the plate if I had not redone the bend.

Big Poppa Pump

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Beetle TDI
Pump, FYI the ECS tuning plate will not fit a Beetle with out modifications. It probably fits the Jetta just fine. I got mine to fit but I had to take the rear bend from -6 to +3 and grind a little clearance for the air deflectors that go from the fender to the inner wheel well liner. Then use a 1/4" spacer (supplied) in the center location at the rear and use 7/16" spacers on each side. I was able to use the supplied bolts. With these mods it fits and looks good. I would have had to use 1" spacers and the wheel well liners would have not reached the plate if I had not redone the bend.
UFB. Thanks for the info.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
The ECS plate also lacks any sort of heavy duty mounting brackets. By using most of the factory hardware it keeps the cost down, but it also makes it much more susceptible to tear off than a Panzer or Evolution plate would be. Tradeoffs...

A bigger concern is if it "folds down" like the factory ones can from the front; a plastic plate will just bend and sheer off. I worry what one of those would do in the same situation!

GTOguy

TDI
I will be fabricating some mounts similar to what a panzer plate uses and incorporating them to the ECS plate.