Pano Roof Won't Close

smittyatl

TDI
GSW
It was a nice morning so I decided to tilt my sunroof on the way to work.

The sunroof decided it did not want to close. I press the button to close and hear a relay click. I tried to open the sunroof and only hear a relay click.

Anyone dealt with this issue? I have a couple months and thousand miles left on my bumper-to-bumper warranty.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
It was a nice morning so I decided to tilt my sunroof on the way to work.

The sunroof decided it did not want to close. I press the button to close and hear a relay click. I tried to open the sunroof and only hear a relay click.

Anyone dealt with this issue? I have a couple months and thousand miles left on my bumper-to-bumper warranty.

It is possible to pop off a plastic cover, insert a hex wrench and manually open/close the sunroof. However, since you do still have some warranty, I would not bother, unless you are expecting a storm. I would let VW fix it. You might as well take advantage of your warranty.

Have Fun!

Don

smittyatl

TDI
GSW
It is possible to pop off a plastic cover, insert a hex wrench and manually open/close the sunroof. However, since you do still have some warranty, I would not bother, unless you are expecting a storm. I would let VW fix it. You might as well take advantage of your warranty.

Have Fun!

Don
Thanks for the tip!

Already had the headliner and everything in the trunk replaced due to failed rear drain lines. Guess this is my last chance to take advantage of the warranty!