P1A58 Won't Clear

Itchyy

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI (DSG)
2010 Jetta TDI with ECU Emissions Update. DPF Changed at approximately 80k mi. Car currently has about 145k mi.

I was able to clear P1A58 when I ran Regen while Standing. Just in case anyone runs into the same issue, to start the Regen while Standing in basic settings (after entering the security code in), you have to click the on/off/next button and then press the brakes 10 times before hitting the accelerator peddle (even though it says accelerator peddle after pressing the brakes once). I figured I'll put that out in case anyone else had the same issue. Regen temp was 606c and 546c.

Last edited:

Itchyy

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI (DSG)
As an update, the Regen while Standing worked for a very short bit and appeared to be successful. When driving my car, the car attempted to do a passive regeneration, but for some reason, it is not registering as complete. The P1A58 code came back along with the DPF light. No other engine codes present. The EGTs appear to get to the proper temperatures (between 1000F to 1200F). I maintained between 2k-2.5k rpms for about an hour at highway speeds. My car has about 145k miles right now. DPF changed under warranty right around 80k miles. I removed the DPF and cleaned it the best I could about 400 miles ago and then reset the engine codes. All the emissions readiness checks are good except for the particulate matter filter monitor check, which is showing as incomplete. From what I read, the Particulate Matter Filter Monitor check will show as complete after 2 successful DPF regenerations. I can't seem to figure out why my passive regenerations are not registering as complete. This is exactly what it did before I removed and cleaned the DPF. Constantly attempting to do passive regenerations, but never registering the regenerations as complete. Anyone have any ideas what my problem could be? I've done the Regen while Standing several times and my soot levels are at or near zero. Would it be an EGT sensor, O2 sensor (or O2 sensor heater), MAP sensor, one of my pressure differential sensors? There has to be some parameter my car isn't reaching (or thinks it isn't reaching) for the passive regenerations to register as complete. Any suggestions welcome. I'm trying to avoid buying a new DPF.

Some more information...when doing that extended drive, my DPF Bank 1 Delta Pressure ranged from a low of .1 psi to 2.1 psi. My exhaust pressure bank ranged from a low of .1 psi to 8.1 psi.

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
That DTC is for the deNOx catalyst, has nothing to do with your DPF.

Courtesy of Ross-tech:

Adaptation Channel 018:

Regeneration for NOx Storage Catalytic Converter while Driving
To Start the Regeneration save "1" as new Value.
Vehicle needs to be driven steadily between 80-120kph
Regeneration may last up to 50 Minutes
Ignition OFF will stop the Regeneration
See Measuring Value Block (MVB) 104 for Regeneration Status
Note: Perform Security Access first!