Overfilled!? After first DIY oil change?

franky67

TDI
2013 Passat TDI Se
Hi there.
I just performed oil change on my 2013 Passat, using the fluid extractor I bought from Amazon. So I did not Jack the car, and did not mess with the drain plug.
I changed the filter and O rings before putting new oil. Also added some oil into oil housing before inserting the filter.
I extracted around 4.5-4.6 L according to not very clear measure reading in extractor container.
I filled the engine 4 L first and then ran for a while checked the level( very hard for me to read it because no min or max letter) and I thought should take close to 4.5/ anyway.
I added about 4.6-4.7L.
Resetted the service info.
Now, if I overfilled it maybe 0.1L or 0.2L would it be a huge problem?
Should I extract little bit and just let it be 4.4 or 4.5 L?
I will add pictures of dipstick. I know it should be in crossed area, but I could not get a clear reading after checking it several times.
What do you guys think?
I used mobil1 507.00 spec oil.

I'm also aware that this extractor is not taking %100 of the fluid. I will probably do the oil change from bottom every 20.000 miles to clean up?

https://i.imgur.com/MicgZ6s.jpg

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
doesn't look overfilled to me. Looks perfect. I too sometimes have to recheck several times because of oil smeared up the stick like the first photo. But the last pic shows perfect fill.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Always hard to read.
Pull dipstick out, wipe it clean.
Re-insert, wait a few seconds, pull again.

ROLL the end of the dipstick on a flat piece of paper towel.
This has worked for me, on many cars, for years.

franky67

TDI
2013 Passat TDI Se
doesn't look overfilled to me. Looks perfect. I too sometimes have to recheck several times because of oil smeared up the stick like the first photo. But the last pic shows perfect fill.
You read my mind, that's what I felt about the oil being sticky on other parts of dipstick. I'm sure that it was not more than 4.7L so hopefully will be fine..