Over heating and dpf light on

Zackcb

TDI
2015 Passat
So this is my first tdi. The car is a 2015 it was over heating and not loosing coolant. Found the cooling fan wasn't running changes it. Still got hot not loosing coolant. Then dpf light came on. Changed the thermostat and drove it. It got halfway between normal temp and hot drove for 40 miles like that at 45 in 4th gear to clear dpf. Light hasn't gone off and gets hot normal driving. What should I do now.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
So this is my first tdi. The car is a 2015 it was over heating and not loosing coolant. Found the cooling fan wasn't running changes it. Still got hot not loosing coolant. Then dpf light came on. Changed the thermostat and drove it. It got halfway between normal temp and hot drove for 40 miles like that at 45 in 4th gear to clear dpf. Light hasn't gone off and gets hot normal driving. What should I do now.
Dieselgate Warrenty? Can't help you without codes. Is it lacking power? Could be thousands of reasons. Headgasket. Bad plastic impeller wp.

mak474

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
First check your Vin Warranty status below, its all caps fyi. If your under warranty take it to the dealer it will be 0 out of pocket and you'll get a loaner.
VW Emissions Modification Lookup (vwdieselinfo.com)