over 200k miles all original :)

slamhouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE
Over 200k miles on all the original equipment. Oil changes every 10k miles with liquimoly 5-40 and the only issue currently is oil consumption. This car has been nothing but reliable and dependable.

This is a 2006 Betts tdi pd brm

Thought this forum could use a positive post!

sptsailing

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Manual, stock with Panzer Plate & Franko6 modified EGR cooler & CAM
Excellent!

Thank you, slamhouse. Stories like yours are inspirational. Quite frankly though, I am surprised by the oil consumption. It the valve cover still tight to aft?

sptsailing

Veteran Member
TDI
For the past couple of years, I have not enjoyed the avg mpg as you with my brm tdi. Would you be able to share any specific recommendations as to what to watch and keep at what state so as to be able to obtain such a result? I have several posts this month exploring such, and am still not clear as what to change or to do differently.

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
How much oil are you consuming?
1 qrt or 1 ltr per 10,000mile/16,000km is normal for these cars

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Mine is at 155K (BRM) with a Malone tune. Very low oil consumption (1/2 liter per 10K).

All four wheel bearing bit the dust in the last year, two being very noisy and took water. The other two were changed as a matter of course since I had the car apart.

Right now I have a small coolant leak that I believe is from the plastic flange under the tandem pump. I just ordered a new one from IDparts tonight.

DMF was changed by the previous owner @ 100K along with a new A/C compressor.

Other than the above, the car has been pretty good and very reliable in the 40K miles I have driven it in the last 14 months.

sptsailing

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold!

I want a green diesel tune too then! I searched the forums but did not see the vendor somehow. Please post a link. Thank you slamhouse.

I have a green diesel tune and I change my oil every 10k miles

slamhouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE
Still original dmf and clutch. Maybe the aggressive driving keeps the dmf fully cycling like it should?

Original front brakes too! And pads are still above half life.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Very good! I looked at my front pads when I changed the wheel bearings and they are hardly worn too. Of course I'm not on them much when running out to West Texas.

I drive my 2005.5 pretty aggressively also, but the hot Texas sun is beating the hell out of the clear coat (getting thin and starting to see loss of gloss on the mirrors). Nothing is forever, I guess.