Ottawa Caravan

ittrad

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver
From another thread...

There has been some interest in a Caravan from Ottawa... we were going to leave Friday morning or maybe even Thursday evening to get the most out of the weekend. Anyone else going through Thousand Islands that will be leaving Thursday evening or Friday morning?

Jamie

valois

Banned
J&J, My brother lives in Gatineau, I might be able to convince him to come. He might like to join your caravan, he doesn't have a TDI, so you may have to stop a couple of times extra for him to fuel up
The best route I know of, (he is familiar with it also) is 81 South to almost Williamsburg Virginia, I always cut across to I95 using Hwy 17. It's a little further, but you get to avoid Baltimore and ugh Washington.(sorry Z) Taking I83 through there is ok late at night. Hey you Canadians, how about bringing me some 222's. The laws here in the states are archaic sometimes, can't get them. Generic at Zellers or Walmart are the least expensive. I wonder how many US members understand what I requested. Hehe, canukics, a language in it's own right, eh?

TDIsmokin

Veteran Member
I think there is a loose caravan being set up by the Tazzman from the Ottawa area. I believe Scott from Kitchener and Dr Dodge and myself and the Tazzman and now you can meet up somewhere near Syracuse or Thousand Islands and cruise South from there. Let's keep in touch over the summer.

ittrad

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver
Don't get caught with medication without supporting prescriptions! If you bring a drug that in Canada is over-the-counter to the US where it is not, or vice-versa, you can be in a heap of trouble!

Jamie

valois

Banned
I did not realize that. Thanks for pointing it out. Not to make anyone paranoid, but the Zero Tolerance policy still exists at the US border. Don't bring anything illegal across, you can get it here.

valois

Banned
LOL. Thats a use for it that I never heard of before. There's a thread in the general section which covers the utility of the vase. VW should have put one in all the models, it's got class. I need to buy one and add it to the MB for my wife, she would really like it.