• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

Oris Towbar 052-473 for 2013-2019 (UK Estate) 2015 (U.S. GSW) VW MK7 Golf Sport Wagon, Saluda, NC $400

LeBude

TDI
2003 TDI 5MT JW GLS Blu/Gry (270K; SOLD 2020); 2004 TDI Golf GL 5MT Black (270K; SOLD 2019); 2013 JSW TDI SE 6 MT (SOLD 107k; 2020); 2015 TDI Golf GLS 6 MT; 2014 TDI JSW 6MT Blue 68K
Brand new towbar for sale.

[asheville.craigslist.org/pts/d/saluda-oris-detachable-towbar-model-for/7469798826.html[/URL]

I purchased a towbar from PFjones in the UK and they sent the wrong towbar. The towbar is for a 2013-2019 MK7 platform Golf Sport Wagon, which is 2015 GSW in the U.S. (I have a 2014 Jetta Sport Wagon, the bar is too short). They will not take it back since the 28 day return policy passed and now it costs 20% more for them to handle it. It took that long just to get a mechanic to install it (wiring and shocks also) and tell me its too short and not the right one. I've been debating about resending it back or selling it locally, now shipping is much more expensive than last summer and its too late.

Link to PFjones hitch I purchased.
Comes with swan neck (actual towball 1 7/8"), bolts, keys and lock.
It's $368 USD (the amount in the link is British pounds) for the bar (take off 20% VAT for a total of $306), plus shipping of $140 (which is what I paid). I paid $461 total (see invoice) and will take $400 now. For that price I'll also deliver anywhere within two hours of 28773 (Saluda, NC) or if you are nearby assist in installing it. I just want my money back to get another hitch that fits. If you talk me down to $375, no delivery, no install. Price is firm, unless you have an Oris towbar 051-063 to trade to fit my MK7 Golf Hatchback.

Link to Oris catalog page 220 for this towbar.
https://www.oris-automotive.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/20200106_EN_ORIS_Catalogue_Towbars.pdf

Make an offer.

Thank you Anthony

Last edited:

LeBude

TDI
2003 TDI 5MT JW GLS Blu/Gry (270K; SOLD 2020); 2004 TDI Golf GL 5MT Black (270K; SOLD 2019); 2013 JSW TDI SE 6 MT (SOLD 107k; 2020); 2015 TDI Golf GLS 6 MT; 2014 TDI JSW 6MT Blue 68K
This is not getting much play, lots of looks though. Let me know if its too high or something folks just arent interested in anymore. For example, using curt hitches or eco hitches instead. Thanks for the feedback.

ticaf

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 2015 Golf SW S Manual TDI
I'd say you are asking too much. Also, can this be converted into a trailer hitch ? I've been debating on getting the etrailer eco hitch myself, which is cheaper than what you are asking.

LeBude

TDI
Its brand new, never installed and cheaper than if it was obtained from England in the same condition. The ecohitch is actually rated higher at the tongue (300) than this (175) but this hitch tows twice the weight (4000 vs. 2000) as long as its not on the tongue. In Europe they have light tongues and heavy loads, but drive slower than my grandmother to church on sunday. In the U.S. we load up the tongue and drive like there's nothing on the back and we never went to church ever.

Ecohitch is about $100 cheaper than this in real life.

This hitch cannot be converted into a receiver for a bike rack. So very limited in terms of function. It only tows heavy ass trailers with a 2 " ball that have a low tongue weight. If you want to tow an airstream or other larger camper, this is your hitch. If you want to tow a utility trailer with storage containers or bikes directly on the receiver then the ecohitch is best.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably have to reduce the price to move it.

Last edited:

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Sorry, but if it won't fit your JSW, it won't fit mine!

LeBude

TDI
I first posted this in March. Recently a 2015 manual SEL wagon came up for sale in Raleigh and I contemplated trading in my hatchback just so i could use this hitch. Didn't do it though, but you should. Buy this towbar and make your life and mine richer. Please.

Last edited:

LeBude

TDI
New Year, new you. Make a resolution that before the next revolution you'll find a solution to even weight distribution that allows you absolution from anxiety driving to the next location, so you'll arrive at your destination without contusion and perfect execution while your significant other, Susan, provides pleasant affirmations and locutions. In conclusion, the price might provide dilution of your fiduciary retributions, but may I stress that I can loosen my delusion and provide involution about current price attribution, so if the evolution of this circumlocution has lead you to seek substitution of capital shin-plasters, simeolans, readies or greenbacks, please provide some constitution of us creating a collusion that includes money/tow-bar fusion.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
I'd be interested in this if shipping were cheaper, or I can find an excuse to head to NC.

LeBude

TDI
I'd be interested in this if shipping were cheaper, or I can find an excuse to head to NC.
Lets work something out. I remember reading some of your posts about pulling large airstreams. It aint going anywhere anytime soon, you are the only person with the correct car who has contacted me. Let me look into cheap rail shipping or something (total < $100). Also I could drive halfway or something to mississippi or find some going that way. I'm motivated.015

It is for a 2015 Golf Wagon though, nothing older.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
That wasn't me. I do tow a lot., but the boxiest thing I've towed is an aluminum livestock trailer (5x10).

Yup - this would go on mom's 2015 Golf Sportwagen. No clue if she'd actually use it, but my ultimate goal is for everything except the beetle to have a tow hitch on it, "just in case."

I think the problem in this case isn't necessarily the weight, but the dimensions. I have a friend in Northern Alabama and family in Florida, so I might find an excuse yet to head out that way!

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
I'm still interested in this. Hell, I'll even make a deposit. My only problem is finding a chance to get there, though I might be making a trip to Central Florida in June, so it could make for a fun road trip.

LeBude

TDI
I'm still interested in this. Hell, I'll even make a deposit. My only problem is finding a chance to get there, though I might be making a trip to Central Florida in June, so it could make for a fun road trip.
Let me know when you are headed over. I might make a trip to meet you somewhere near Tallahassee or Lake City. Though I don't think the actual shipping costs are all that expensive if you take it slow. I can't find the actual weight of the towbar, but it might be under the limit of 75lbs which would allow either fed ex or UPS to deliver it for what looks like $40, maybe. Not sure if I entered the information correctly. I am in Saluda, NC 28773.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
I've only been to NC once, so it could make for a fun road trip actually.

LeBude

TDI
I've only been to NC once, so it could make for a fun road trip actually.
I'm saying I'd meet you anywhere between whatever highway that is going through north Florida and my house. If you want to come to western north carolina mountains and stay for a while you can stay at my house and we can install towbar and you can stay for a few days and relax. SAluda, NC is slightly cooler than Medina Texas in the summer:)

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
I'm saying I'd meet you anywhere between whatever highway that is going through north Florida and my house. If you want to come to western north carolina mountains and stay for a while you can stay at my house and we can install towbar and you can stay for a few days and relax. SAluda, NC is slightly cooler than Medina Texas in the summer:)
Except that I'll be heading there more than likely in my 2002 Golf, not mom's 2015 Sportwagen. Yeah, anywhere off I-95 works for me.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I95 is quite a ways from the NC mountains: eastern side of the state versus western.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
And now, I'll have to officially give up my spot for the tow bar. :-/

Mom is going to try and sell her 2015 GSW in the next few months, as she's buying my uncle's 2015 BMW X5d when he gets his Rivian EVs (he ordered two). And that already has the hitch built in. I just got word of this yesterday.

LeBude

TDI
And now, I'll have to officially give up my spot for the tow bar. :-/

Mom is going to try and sell her 2015 GSW in the next few months, as she's buying my uncle's 2015 BMW X5d when he gets his Rivian EVs (he ordered two). And that already has the hitch built in. I just got word of this yesterday.
NOOOOOOOOOO we were so close to a deal. On another note, is her GSW manual? Maybe instead of looking to sell the hitch, I should buy the car that needs the hitch instead. How many miles and how much is she asking? if she's been hitting the Florida bath salts like every other car dealership down there, she'll be asking $42,500.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
NOOOOOOOOOO we were so close to a deal. On another note, is her GSW manual? Maybe instead of looking to sell the hitch, I should buy the car that needs the hitch instead. How many miles and how much is she asking? if she's been hitting the Florida bath salts like every other car dealership down there, she'll be asking $42,500.
Unfortunately, it's a DSG. AFAIK, It's only been here in Texas, I know it has no rust, and I think it's just under 80k.

I used to tow with my 2010 JSW with a DSG, though I much prefer a manual, as I only use now.

LeBude

TDI
Unfortunately, it's a DSG. AFAIK, It's only been here in Texas, I know it has no rust, and I think it's just under 80k.

I used to tow with my 2010 JSW with a DSG, though I much prefer a manual, as I only use now.
No problem, I'll keep this thread bumpin' for another year. I'll also step up my stalker game whenever I see a '15 GSW around town here. Sneaking peaks in the window to see if its manual is going to get me shot some day.

LeBude

TDI
Over 2 years since my original post, what a day. Anybody looking for a towbar, look no further. Like palmetto bugs are conveniently ignored as roaches in the south, this towbar is an unsung hero.

Last edited:

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Maybe you can pair it with a Bosal/Oris Tesla Model X converter which allows it to be used with all NA square receiver attachments. That would certainly widen the appeal for many buyers.

LeBude

TDI
Maybe you can pair it with a Bosal/Oris Tesla Model X converter which allows it to be used with all NA square receiver attachments. That would certainly widen the appeal for many buyers.
I like that idea, but I'll let the new owner, if I can find one, purchase that for themselves, on the off chance I purchase the wrong one and am now stuck with both a tow bar that doesn't fit my car and a converter that does not fit the towbar.