Oregon Moves To Ban Petroleum Based Diesel

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
So much drama about it. Sorry to see that this is also seen as an act of war against one group or another. Sheesh!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
bills have been introduced for millions of reasons for decades or even centuries and nothing comes of it.
you do know that a bill was introduced nearly countless times to "force" military and government officials to declare honestly findings about UFO's

what a joke.
to think that diesel fuel or any globally traded good would be banned from sale, is .... well.... you have to be a fool to believe things that are so dumb.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
At least there is the "other" diesel that California sells that isn't petroleum diesel. They won't need it as they have stated they are outlawing new diesel trucks altogether starting in 2024 and complete by 2045 or something like that.

97caron

Veteran Member
TDI
NB
Really not news. Several large utilitie companies are B80+ on their fleet vehicles. Writings on the wall as most regulated utilitie have negotiated return on investment and OM cost recovery.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
what a joke.
to think that diesel fuel or any globally traded good would be banned from sale, is .... well.... you have to be a fool to believe things that are so dumb.
Oh, i don't believe it will but they are a state pushing that agenda, and so it's just another reason to not live there. Such a useless waste of time and money really!

DuraBioPwr

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 BEW Jetta (5spd)
Huh, thats interesting how are they running B80 and still making the emissions system happy? Would like to know more about that.
Maybe its the hydrotreated bio based fuel? That works at high or 100% concentrations in newer diesels?

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
76 makes a Renewable diesel called R95 and R99. Car seems to like it; runs quieter and mileage is about the same. When I was in OR last week I filled up with B20 but did not readily see any Renewable 80% or higher.

commedeschatons

TDI
2003 ALH Wagon 5mt, 2016 VW Touareg TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI, 2011 335d Msport, 2009 Q7 TDI
Petro diesel in the states just sucks. I wish i could get renewable diesel in the petroleum banana republic i live in.

i'm all for BETTER diesel that has so many other benefits, and saving the petroleum for making plastics and other stuff which we still are going to need in 200 years.
I'll be dead, but its definitely going to be awkward when our great great great grandchildren are mining landfills for plastic cause we were too busy rolling coal at stoplights and tossing away plastic bottles.

Higher cetane and a host of other benefits, and smells good af when it burns, without the drawbacks of bio although less lubricating.