Oregon diesel

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
So yeah who here is excited for HB 3305? Definitely looking forward to being unemployed. Big sarcasm.

Im totally on board for cleaner running diesels, but seriously, banning diesel fuel sales statewide is going to create too many problems.

kennethsime

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon GL TDI 5-Speed Baltic Green
I heard about this the other day. I'm in the camp that sees fossil fuels as unsustainable, but I do still enjoy my TDI while we're all still using dead plants and dinosaurs to run around the highways.

Still, I think this is pretty silly. I get GM saying they'll be all-electric by 2035. I would get it if California said no more sales of internal combustion engines by X date. Banning the fuel while the vehicles are still driving around seems like putting the cart before the horse though.

disastrogirl

TDI
2014 White Jetta SportWagen, replaced my Golf 4 door 5 spd, 2003, Indigo that was totalled :(
I just read about it and it's not going to get rid of all diesel, just 100% petroleum diesel. Instead you will be able to purchase biodiesel and biodiesel mixes.

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
I've read different opinions on biodiesel and how they ruin the HPFP. I recently had a scare with mine so I'm sensitive to this potential issue.

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
CA has subsidies for Low carbon fuel sources like biodiesel and renewable diesel. B20 is available at many truck stops on the I-5 corridor going south and is about 10% cheaper than D2. R99 or renewable diesel is available in limited areas, mostly in the Sacramento valley and a few locations in So-cal. It is also about 10% + or - than D2, or the same price depending on the geographics/demographics of the neighborhood the station are in. These LCFS fuels are available, but their use is currently voluntary.

Neste has also opened up a couple branded stations in CA as well. It wouldn't be surprising to me that Neste and other Biodiesel producers are behind this legislation. Perhaps with some strategic campaign contributions to your local politicians. It is a subsidized fuel, so it's a constant revenue stream of public money for these companies. Win-Win for them.

I doubt there is enough feedstock to supply the whole state of Oregon with R99. That doesn't sound feasible.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Free-speech, the government is allowed to scare you with whatever stories they feel like conjuring up. But reality is, everything runs on money. How many businesses have more money than the oil and gas industry? When that industry claims they’re cutting diesel, that’s when you start believing. I read an article where the government claimed by the year 2000 something like 30% of the vehicles on car lots would be hydrogen powered. That idea dropped off the edge of our flat earth

NFSTDI

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'98 Jetta
Trains run on diesel. Trucks run on diesel. We are long way from replacing diesel powered trucks with electric powered trucks.

Take a moment and think about the number of things in your life and the number of things that you consume every day that were delivered by truck and/or train. Think about it for as long as you need to. In the end, I believe that you will reach the same conclusion that I have already come to, not in my lifetime.

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
but yet these Oregon morons legalize every drug possible. Another lost loon bin of a state..

2snailzz

TDI
I sail on container ships that burns roughly 65000 gallons of HFO a day which has twice the amount of sulphur. We transit the pacific once every 5-7 days ,, year round. Engine only goes quite at port. Generators never stop , they consume roughly 8,000 gallons a day. The long short here is that diesel , oil, and crude will never go away! Period.

Pedalsteel

Veteran Member
TDI
Unicorn
The electric car propaganda driven phenomenon is a bunch of bs... everything that creates the ability to make the toxic dump destined batteries is diesel and you will notice that there aren't any major differing opinions in the major airwaves... that's not an accident... there is a land/ floating mass of plastic the size of Texas in the Pacific Ocean which could be boiled down into diesel fuel but the powers that be have people thinking that electric cars are better bc your average person doesn't think about the whole picture and just notices the quiet and zero exhaust of the electric car...we could drastically reduce the plastic waste and power so many things but instead they are convincing people to go with their electric cars... don't even get me started about the completely digital money system they want to go with all of this... ask yourself if you like freedom and choose differently