Ordered TDI SEL on 10/14/11.....MARCH ??!!

rmeyer23

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
I ordered a new 2012 Passat TDI SEL on Oct 14th. (Opera red over Titan black) It has been in Factory Order Bank since Nov 14th. I had been trying to get information from the dealer. He never contacted me; I had to nag him with multiple emails in order to get a response. Last communication was with the dealer on Dec 8th and he said he was "guessing" late Jan/early Feb for delivery.

I got the number of VW Customer Care (800-822-8987) and called them. They called me back multiple times, said they had no information but would keep trying. Finally I was able to talk with them last night about my ordered Passat. They said that the car was still in Factory Order Bank and that the estimate is that I would receive the car in "late first quarter". I asked them if that meant March of 2012. She said yes, it did and BTW that is what my dealer told me (??!!). I told her that my dealer (Kings VW of Loveland, OH) did not communicate this to me and this was the first time that anyone had told me that the car would not be hear until March.

The lady from VW said that she would call me back in two weeks with a progress report. I am hoping that the readers on this forum can help me out so that I have more information for my next conversation with VW:

1. Does anyone on this forum who has ordered a Passat TDI SEL after Oct 14th have a car that is now in Production Stock and/or have been given a delivery date?

2. For those people who have ordered a Passat TDI SEL in Nov or Dec, what has the dealer quoted as a delivery date?

I look forward to your replies.

Ron M

Micbost1

TDI
2009 Jetta Sedan
I ordered mine, SEL Black on Black in mid November. According to the dealer as of a week and a half ago, it is not yet marked for production but the order has been accepted. They quoted me 8-10 weeks, but I see that is probably unrealistic.

Michelle

MPBsr

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI....Traded in
If March is true with an October order date. I'd want some sort of price reduction from the dealer.

AstroEng

TDI
2012 Passat TDI, 2005 Golf TDI (Sold)
Are you in a hurry to get one? If the interior color isn't a big deal, I see at least 7 around the country. Most are the Cornsilk and a couple don't list a color. If black seats are worth the wait, then it sounds like you don't have much of a choice. If you are flexible, I'd say look for a cheap plane ticket and go to the car instead of waiting.

I was able to get the SE w/ Nav that I wanted (the colors I wanted) by just checking the web until I saw one show up in Colorado. I cancelled my order (from September) and picked it up while returning from a vacation.

Either way, I'd suggest looking once a week on a site like cars.com and checking to see if one shows up at some other dealership that wasn't pre-ordered. you would think that VW would cover the orders first, but I guess they see that as a nearly sure thing, whereas walk-ins are the focus area.

yamaguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE 6man TDI, 2014 F-350 PSD, 2003 F-350 7.3 PSD, John Deere 2032R, Cub Cadet 882
Well this is discouraging. I was hoping to order mine in Jan/Feb, but I may not see it until June at this rate!!

monstersinc1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
I ordered in August and was just told I won't see it until late January. This seems to confirm what others are seeing as well

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Call Chris Farnham at VW of Langhorne PA he may be able to help you!
215-741-4100

I understand there is a Supply and Demand issue with the new Passats!

monstersinc1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Call Chris Farnham at VW of Langhorne PA he may be able to help you!
215-741-4100

I understand there is a Supply and Demand issue with the new Passats!
Yes, I know Chris (I've been to his lot) but already have a non-refundable deposit down and his inventory doesn't currently have what I'm looking for.

Sharky

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI manual, 2012 Passat TDI manual
Ordered TDI Trendline+ Manual Blue on November 8.
Promised delivery mid February

breind01

My TDI SEL Black was placed with VW on 9/12, released to Mfg. on 11/1 and just this past week Friday I was advised that it was Released for Production on 12/14. I'm assuming that means that the unit is in line to be built, but how many ahead of mine I don't have the slightest idea. Fourteen weeks this past Monday & still waiting. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
Ok, got an update from the dealer.

It does not show built yet, but shows a ship date of 12/30.

This was a 9/19 or so order, 11/17 pull date for build on 12/12.

That seems to all add up that the actual build takes about 2 weeks.

Hopefully it will show built and shipped soon!!!! Maybe just in time for the new year.

monstersinc1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
My TDI SEL Black was placed with VW on 9/12, released to Mfg. on 11/1 and just this past week Friday I was advised that it was Released for Production on 12/14. I'm assuming that means that the unit is in line to be built, but how many ahead of mine I don't have the slightest idea. Fourteen weeks this past Monday & still waiting. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.
My order was released to production back in November. I'm not expected to get it until week of 1/23

monstersinc1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL

MarkB

TDI
2012 Passat
TDI SE Nav/Sunroof Order on 11/26

Ordered from dealer on 11/26 dealer told me 3 month delivery time. I emailed him last night to check on status and to find out about possible increased TDI production. He told me that my TDI might be in around the 1st of Feb. Also said that factory told him that TDI production has gone from 25% of total Passat production to 20%. If that is the case, VW is either trying to get dealer lots full of gas Passats or orders for TDIs has started to fall.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Numerous articles, posts and sales associates claim TDI demand is huge. If production decrease is true, it's more likely due to parts availability.

davemarais

TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6 spd man, 2013 JSW TDI, 6 spd. manual
Is there a different expectation on delivery for a SEL and SE? I ordered our SE TDI 6 sp on Nov. 1 and it was delivered to the dealer on Dec 14. We are in Ct. and found only 1 or 2 TDI w/6sp but didn't want the color so we ordered.

monstersinc1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Is there a different expectation on delivery for a SEL and SE? I ordered our SE TDI 6 sp on Nov. 1 and it was delivered to the dealer on Dec 14. We are in Ct. and found only 1 or 2 TDI w/6sp but didn't want the color so we ordered.
Probably not. When the make the car at the factory they are marrying a chassis w/TDI engine to a body (SE, SE w/sunroof or SEL). The chassis is either DSG trans or 6M. They probably run the line for each build type for so many builds. The point right now is the factory is only making TDI cars (no gassers until TDI production is stopped for changeover. (My guess)

Sparkles

TDI
2012 SEL Premium - 145k miles
If March is true with an October order date. I'd want some sort of price reduction from the dealer.
How about March deliver for a September order date, as that is what I was just told today by VW Customer Care.

rmeyer23

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
How about March deliver for a September order date, as that is what I was just told today by VW Customer Care.
Were you also told by VW Customer Care that the dealer should be the one updating you with delivery information?

5 to 6 month wait on delivery of a new care with a serious lack of communication. VW, I hope you realized what it is going to take to run with the big dogs! Making a great care is only one piece of the puzzle.

Ron M
:(

Dismayed

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL-Premium TDI
My order went in 11/27 and I can't even get an estimated delivery date.