Ordered my car today!!!

saboteur

TDI
2009 Golf 2.0 TDI
I bit the bullet and ordered my car today, I'm so excited I had to tell someone!!!

Here are the details:
2005 Golf Mk5 2.0 TDi, United Grey, Sunroof

Thanks to everyone who answered my newbie TDi questions

Cheers,
Tim

saboteur

TDI
2009 Golf 2.0 TDI
I got the 6 speed manual, how about you mate? How are you finding the car so far? I doubt I will get mine before June

How much did you pay for yours? I paid $37,000 even.

Do you have any pictures to keep me sane until mine arrives?

davidm66

Same ... 6 speed manual with leather seats. I paid a bit more, but its a company car so I didn't really shop around dealers or haggle. The local dealer had exactly what I wanted in stock so I went for it.

No pictures yet sorry. You'll be amazed the first time you glide effortlessly up a hill. So far I've done about 30kms of stop-start traffic and its using less than 8L/100km. My other car (2L petrol Peugeot 307) uses more than 12L/100km under the same conditions, and is gutless in comparison.

saboteur

TDI
2009 Golf 2.0 TDI
Leather seats are a more expensive option than sunroof anyway so paying more isn't so bad. This sure is going to be a long wait! My current car (Civic) uses about the same as your Peugeot, but you really have to rev it to get anything out of it.

davidm66

Yep it sure is nice to zoom up a steep hill at 2000rpm

I've been driving around a bit more today, and cruising at 80km/h it uses less than 3L/100km (!)

Lots of people say how great the DSG is, but I have to say its a very nice manual shift as well ... and I still haven't got it into 6th gear.