Orange Beetle found a new home with me...

Surferchick2

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2013 Golf
I hate to say it, but it needed some cosmetic work then. I've updated a few things and keeping it detailed. The photographers a little more experienced too. Lmao. Still going stong with the maintenance magic of Matthew at Zahntech.

GIDDY_UP_GO

Veteran Member
TDI
10 Jetta 13 Beetle Convertible 15 GSW
Photographer might be a lil more experienced, but forgot to blur out license plate on above pic.

Love the color!

When did you update your rims? What did they come off of?

Surferchick2

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2013 Golf
Oops...actually experienced enough to airbrush it out, but too absent minded to upload the right one. Lol. I just put those rims on. They were from a 2001 Jetta, but not sure the name. I'd been over the beetle rims for a while now and will be getting some Nokian tires in the fall anyway, so it was a good time to switch them out.

midntdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6SP
Those wheels come from the Wolfsburg Jetta and the wheels are called RXIIs. Made by BBS.

Nice TDI, my car needs some loving but that will come in a few years, for now it's just a maintain thing.

Baumeister

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Beetle Convertible, '03 New Beetle TDI 5sp, '94 Audi Cabriolet(AFN swap in progress)
Looks good, can't believe I haven't found this thread before!

I've been putting off starting a thread for our Sundown Orange NB for 9 years now...guess I'd better get on that.

Surferchick2

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2013 Golf
I'm surprised yet again that I'm updating this over 7 years after purchasing my beetle. It's been going strong, only had to replace a seatbelt latch this entire time. I've looked at upgrading or purchasing another vehicle over the years from another Beetle to the new Miata, but it hasn't let me down so I can't let go yet. Updates have been Nokian WR tires, break job, and new paint on the plastic parts since those were fading and the clear coat started to peel....oh and decided to have the side mirrors painted in a matte black.

Last edited:

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Damn that's a nice looking car!!!!

Surferchick2

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2013 Golf
Thanks! The old Beetle looks better than when I first got it. After 7 years, it's holding up better than I am! LOL

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
Look GREAT!

(LMK if you ever want to sell it!)

Surferchick2

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2013 Golf
I may be selling my Beetle soon due to too many cars :'-( I can't believe I've had it for 8 years in May and my only issue has been a seat belt latch, and it's still going strong. Sadness.

Last edited:

bbarbulo

Veteran Member
WOW that car looked great in the last set of pics. And now selling :( noooooo!!! sell the Evoque. Thing looks so dated already, the modern lines don't age very well.

Surferchick2

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2013 Golf
Actually Evoques been reliable too and if I sell that, there are no vehicles to pull the travel trailer lol The style hasn't changed and I wasn't really keen on the boxier models and the MPG is at like 30 so that's why we chose it. It's coming down to the crv (believe it or not the mpg is worse than the RR) or Beetle, and between that and the hybrid, they're redundant for commuter cars. It's embarrassing but I get emotionally attached to cars that haven't let me down. We'll see how long I can hang on before hubs gives me an ultimatum since he'd decided to let VW buy his back also due to the diesel issue. Althoigh it's my car, I'm kind of pushing the Lexus on him so I can keep my TDI. Saga continues.

Last edited: