Options for mud guards on JSW?

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI, 2011 JSW TDI & 2018 Atlas 2.0T S
I really like the Rally Armour ones on my GSW, but it doesn't look like they make them for the JSW. I liked them because, unlike stock mud guards, they don't contact any metal part of the body to potentially wear on the paint and eventually rust.

Has anyone had any luck with aftermarket mud guards or am I stuck with factory ones?

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
I have not seen any for the JSW.

I have had factory ones on all my TDIs, have not noticed any erosion of the paint yet. But others have reported it for sure. They do trap a lot of debris as well.

Perhaps consider some 3M clear tape prior to installation if you are unable to find a better aftermarket replacement?

Thunder Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
I put cheap mud flaps on the front. (2012) They went on overtop the plastic wheel well liner.
I have rust forming on the rear hatch, rear quarter panels and the sills on the inside.....
VW recently approved my body repair claim for all butbthe sills. Because of the mud flaps they say. I know what I say but it’s been decided by them.
Take that for whats it’s worth when installing mudflaps.

Dwagen

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 VW Jetta GLS TDI; 2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
I want to buy a set of universal Rally Armor flaps, but the rear inner fender wells are hollow so I don’t know what to do. So VW is covering the rust for free?

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
I thought all JSWs came with mudguards? At least in 2012 they did. Mudguards, monster mats including trunk, cargo blocks.

Dwagen

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 VW Jetta GLS TDI; 2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
My 2013 JSW TDI didn’t come with monster floor mats or mud guards. I bought new monsters, but I’m still looking for mudflaps.

hymato

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta TDI(buyback) Now 2005.5 Jetta tdi
I ordered a set of Roxbloks, I’m still waiting to install them cause hardware is wrong for JSW have to get a set for the Golf apparently.

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
mudflats

First thing I did was remove the oem mudguards from my recently purchased '13 JSW. No paint damage but lots of mud trapped by the mudguards. Also amazing how much dirt I found behind the plastic inner fender liners. All gone now though.

AllieJetta

TDI
2014 GSW 6M/TDi Wolfsburg
I don't see many posts of people using the RallyArmor ones or RokBloks ones on a JSW, has anyone found that they fit properly?

In theory the front ones, if made for a MK6 Golf should bolt on no issues, curious if the rear is the same. I like having a larger flap out back to cut down on the spray and crap that levitates to the rear window.

PlatinumGreyMk6

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen SEL
Also interested in Rally Armor or RokBloks...

Just purchased my JSW and wanting to do this. Had the universal urethane RA ones on my old Mazda 6 wagon. I had to custom fit them. They looked good and did what they were supposed to do!

pcoplin

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
I bought the RockBLokz for my 2013 JSW. I took a chance, the application doesn't specify Sportwagen, just the Jetta. Sure enough, the rear flaps were wrong. They came with insructions for 11-14 and 15+. Neither matched.

I had to make my own spacers (used PEX) and drill a lower hole. Wasn't bad, but a PITA for the price. But they look good.

PlatinumGreyMk6

TDI
I bought the RockBLokz for my 2013 JSW. I took a chance, the application doesn't specify Sportwagen, just the Jetta. Sure enough, the rear flaps were wrong. They came with insructions for 11-14 and 15+. Neither matched.

I had to make my own spacers (used PEX) and drill a lower hole. Wasn't bad, but a PITA for the price. But they look good.

Those do look great! I am assuming the front bolt up fine without any retrofitting required, right?

Can you post more pics of them?

pcoplin

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
Yes, the fronts bolts up just fine.

The rear innder fender sits a lot deeper than the flat plastic spacers they include. I just cut pieces of PEX tubing, about 1 inch long for the lower and mayby 0.5 inch for the upper. Had to drill one new lower hole.

PlatinumGreyMk6

TDI
Yes, the fronts bolts up just fine.

The rear innder fender sits a lot deeper than the flat plastic spacers they include. I just cut pieces of PEX tubing, about 1 inch long for the lower and mayby 0.5 inch for the upper. Had to drill one new lower hole.

That looks really good. Nice to know that only the rears need to be modified.

I'm having a hard time conceptualizing the PEX tubing your talking about. I don't really know what the spacers or brackets they include look like, so I'm a bit confused.

Anyways, glad to hear that it has been done. Will definitely do this at some point!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

pcoplin

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
It's a pretty stiff plastic. Flexes, but are pretty stiff.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Bradm

Veteran Member
TDI
02,03,05, Jetta 99.5 Golf
These look really good! I might have to ditch my OEM mud flaps for these.

Also PEX is what’s used I for plumbing most times now days instead or in place of where copper would have been, you can find it anywhere that sells plumbing materials

Last edited:

pcoplin

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
Probably better off using some thicker walled plastic or aluminum pipe for the spacers. I used what I could find, and didn't want to make a trip to the hardware store. :)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RDQ

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
I have the Rally Armour mud flaps that are marketed for the 2015 Jetta on my 2014 JSW, -- Like the RockBlokz the fronts line up well and the rears don't fit because the the bodywork sticks out farther in the JSW.
Haven't tried to install them yet as I'm stuck between wanting to use spacers like Pcoplin, or completely making a new U shaped bracket- going up along the mount points on the car, coming out/forward enough to clear the body, then coming down again to hold the mount points on the mud flap itself.

AllieJetta

TDI
2014 GSW 6M/TDi Wolfsburg
I installed the RB ones on my 2014 JSW last week and as everyone else mentioned, the fronts fit up with zero concerns.
On the rears, I drilled one additional hole per side in the flap itself to match up with the second wheel liner screw on the car and used one of the included spacers, then used the third hole already in the flap and screwed through the wheel liner and mounted one of the included clips behind the wheel liner to secure.
Works great! Lined up nice and square and looks good, albeit it very wide LoL.