Opinions of AMS Autowerks in Linden NJ

ZeroCool

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW TDI
Hi All,

I have had great pains in getting my projector HIDs and projector fog-lights up and running.

I was looking to bring the car by AMS Autowerks tomorrow.

Has anyone gotten work done by them, and if so what did you think of everything?

Thanks

silverstick

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS (160K miles), and '05 Jetta GLS wagon (120K)
This post is misleading. Please see correction below./Silverstick Search for Autowerks in the TDI Club forum titled "Vendor and GroupBuy Items for Sale." The proprietor posts there, and there are some discussions.

Last edited:

ZeroCool

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW TDI
Just wanted to give my 2 cents on both places as I have frequented both now.

JA Autowerks in Shrewsbury - Great experience - Took my trouble-prone 2005.5 TDI there and they did great work. Fixed my hard start issue etc..

I also brought my Audi A4 3.0 there and was happy with the end result

AMS Autowerks in Linden

+ They fixed my HID issue... the underlying issue look like a short in a couple of wires. Cost was very cheap < 50.. so it was very reasonable

- From what I read I was told you need to make sure you have an appointment otherwise you could stand around there all day. I called a couple times and they just said to bring it down... I ended up waiting 2 hrs for them to really even look at the car which is fine if they told me that ahead of time, I would have left and came back.

End result is AMS was fine just the time it took etc.. was a little bit of annoyance but the job got done at a good price.

JA Autowerks all positives from my side.