Ontario advice: Considering purchasing 2015 sportwagon

CARPFISHERMAN

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Hello,

Has anyone purchased a used TDI since the diesel emissions issue came to light?

Strongly considering a lightly used 2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI right now but I am very concerned with the "what ifs" associated with this purchase.

Please any personal experience or advice would be appreciated

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
I don't think there is much to say at this point. The car might need to be re-tuned once they decide what they want to do, so you might have some loss of power or some decreased fuel economy (although the fuel economy isn't as good as advertized anyway).I heard the 2015 is quite a bit nicer than my 2012 - I was wondering a future upgrade as well before all of this started.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
we really have no info at this point. Personally, I'd stick with your 03 until we get some concrete info.

CARPFISHERMAN

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Thanks for your feed back. I have to buy a new vehicle before the end of the year to be eligible for my car allowance from work. Maybe I should get something else this time.

MoldovaDIZEL

Vendor
TDI
mk4 TDI, 98 Cabrio AAZ
having had other 14/15 new vdubs the sportswagon is by far my fav. Amazing all around, the only annoyance is the small fuel tank, but economy is good at 5.5-6.0l avg with dsg. Having the 3d gen engine the fix should be the simplest on these ones...

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
Hello,
Has anyone purchased a used TDI since the diesel emissions issue came to light?
Strongly considering a lightly used 2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI right now but I am very concerned with the "what ifs" associated with this purchase.
Please any personal experience or advice would be appreciated
How many kms? Price? Is this a dealer or private sale?
I would not concern myself overly with the 'what ifs'. People are REALLY getting their panties in a knot over this.
The 2015s and 2016s are a good looking car.

CARPFISHERMAN

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Private sale, 2015 Golf Sportwagen, TDI, MT, Highline + Multimedia, Black on black, certified, 23,000kms, clean carproof and car fax.

$26,000

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
Private sale, 2015 Golf Sportwagen, TDI, MT, Highline + Multimedia, Black on black, certified, 23,000kms, clean carproof and car fax.

$26,000
what price was that car new? I would see if you can haggle them down a few grand. Offer 24K. (I just looked at prices in the US - well over 30K - a trifle high)

Last edited:

CARPFISHERMAN

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Do you think VW will support all of the upgrades even though the car will be purchased after the Dieselgate situation was brought to light?

dwfdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf & 2012 Golf wagon, 1998 GMC 6.5 with 310,000km
Cheers and good luck
That key in the pocket system just slays me I had to walk away from the car and get the wife to check to see if it was locked as soon as you get close it unlocks the doors.
I liked it when I had one out at my last service but it seemed a little slow off the mark and the hill hold was set up like an average auto transmission which is ok just not what I had gotten used to with the 2012. Nice smooth looking dash