On my way to pick up my TDI

youdigdug3209

TDI
2013 Jetta SportWagen TDI
I signed the papers for my new TDI at lunch today and I'm really excited! I haven't even read any posts on the forum yet.

I snapped up a 2013 Jetta SportWagen from a local dealership with 44k mi on the odo. Very clean with carfax only listing a visit for recommended maintenance every 10k mi. I can provide more info if need be.

I want to find out, blind, mostly two things from the community.

Did I get a good deal? And what awesome things/problems I should be looking forward to.

Does anyone think there's a mechanical reason that someone barely drove this vehicle?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Welcome!

Could have been a buyback vehicle that sat somewhere. Or just might have been owned by someone who didn't drive it a lot.

Is it an automatic? If so, check service records and see if the DSG service was performed at 40K miles. Lots of people skip that, and they shouldn't.

Also check and see when the fix was performed. You have a warranty for 4 years/48K from the fix date. There was an 11 year warranty from the original in service date, too, so you could have some of that left if not the 4/48.

youdigdug3209

TDI
2013 Jetta SportWagen TDI
Thanks!
Yes it is an automatic and no I don't see anything about a DSG service so I'll check on that.

It has the sticker from VW under the hood dated that the fix was done in Jan 2019. So that warranty looks like it's still good by now.