Omaha, NE chat thread

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Happy New Year 2016 !!!
Yes indeed! (*Now when we doing that thang to your car? :D:D)

Porsche Cayenne TDI service going down this week at the shop and a couple oil samples need to go out to Blackstone but you know how to get a hold of use. ;)

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
JETTA TDI 2009, JSW 2013 DSG PANO
"German automaker Volkswagen AG assumes it will have to buy back about 115,000 cars in the United States as a result of the emissions scandal, a newspaper reported on Thursday."

VW give me the money, i will keep the car and do the DPF DELETE hahaha

What are you doing to the Porsche?

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
"German automaker Volkswagen AG assumes it will have to buy back about 115,000 cars in the United States as a result of the emissions scandal, a newspaper reported on Thursday."

VW give me the money, i will keep the car and do the DPF DELETE hahaha

What are you doing to the Porsche?
Oil change, Fuel filter check/drain, DEF and..... WOWZA! Buy back. :eek:

vmb

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
Woo, my VWbux came in. Gonna get some new tires.

I have doubts about a buyback, and i dont even think i would go with it, unless VW makes a really nice offer.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

FordGuy100

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
I know its not Omaha, but I just found out I get to spend my summer in Lincoln. Should I be bummed, or happy :eek::D

Good places to eat?

samuraitd

Veteran Member
TDI
ahu mtdi samurai swap, 1991 jetta ecodiesel
I know its not Omaha, but I just found out I get to spend my summer in Lincoln. Should I be bummed, or happy :eek::D
Good places to eat?
Depends how you look at it. Theres a few fun things to do here. If you're into cruising, there is some big groups out friday and saturday nights during the summer. I have a mk2 jetta turbo diesel and a tdi swapped suzuki samurai I wheel around. More than likely, we'll run into each other at some point.

AFTiggerIntel

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS
So just picked my 2004 back up from my mom's house. Transmission shop she took it to for the N90 solenoid didn't even touch that part. Instead talked her into paying them to break the car. Ended up paying a friend to do the auto manual swap. Downside is he wasn't sure how to do the e brake and didn't have vagcom to change trans code. Just need to find someone with one. That and how the e brake should be in it. Hubby has forgot to put it into gear a few times so far.

AFTiggerIntel

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS
Holy crap. So far I've gotten 6 offers for the 2004 Jetta. 1 was received before we even got back to Omaha. Funny part is, the car isn't up for grabs at all. Hubby is going to use it during winter rather than his Beetle then garage it over the summer. He did go and check the car to make sure someone hadn't stuck a for sale sign on it as a joke.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Holy crap. So far I've gotten 6 offers for the 2004 Jetta. 1 was received before we even got back to Omaha. Funny part is, the car isn't up for grabs at all. Hubby is going to use it during winter rather than his Beetle then garage it over the summer. He did go and check the car to make sure someone hadn't stuck a for sale sign on it as a joke.
Now THAT! would be a funny joke. Ha ha

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AFTiggerIntel

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS
It would be a good prank. So far most offers have come from friends and a neighbor. Everyone wants a TDI but can't seem to find them.

I've got to find a VagCom to swap the trans code though. That's on my list of things to do eventually here.

vmb

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
Cant seem to find them? Craigslist for omaha has quite a fwq here and in lincoln. Theres a nice blue 05 golf i was eyeing... might check it out.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Do any of you know the owner of a white mk5 sedan, tuned with at least DPF delete on coils or aggressive springs here in Omaha? My brother saw them on the interstate and was quite impressed with it. :eek:

vmb

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
Not me. On a side note, it always surprises me with the number of tdi's and vw's i see in general around here. Rarely saw them back when i lived in texas

samuraitd

Veteran Member
TDI
ahu mtdi samurai swap, 1991 jetta ecodiesel
Do any of you know the owner of a white mk5 sedan, tuned with at least DPF delete on coils or aggressive springs here in Omaha? My brother saw them on the interstate and was quite impressed with it. :eek:

Not mine, but I have seen it

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Had some fun with an unnamed members' pristine MK6 this week and it's a whole new beast! :cool:

Gratefuldev

TDI
Grey 2003 Jetta TDI 1.9L
Nebraska TDIs

Hey everyone, hopefully I'm posting properly.
I bought myself a 2003 Jetta TDi within the last few months, I love it death. 245k, needed lots of work when I got it but I've got it running pretty smooth now.
Few things I'm wondering about, hopefully someone can help.
1. Can anyone recommend mechanics that are truly familiar with the TDIs in NE?
2. Does anyone know where I can get nozzles pop tested?
3. Any Malone tuning dealers in the area? I've been going to a mechanic in Fort Collins Co, great guy but that's a drive.
If anyone does gtgs anymore, I'd like to get in on one!
Thanks!

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
Hey everyone, hopefully I'm posting properly.
I bought myself a 2003 Jetta TDi within the last few months, I love it death. 245k, needed lots of work when I got it but I've got it running pretty smooth now.
Few things I'm wondering about, hopefully someone can help.
1. Can anyone recommend mechanics that are truly familiar with the TDIs in NE?
2. Does anyone know where I can get nozzles pop tested?
3. Any Malone tuning dealers in the area? I've been going to a mechanic in Fort Collins Co, great guy but that's a drive.
If anyone does gtgs anymore, I'd like to get in on one!
Thanks!
Congrats on your "new" TDI. :)
No Malone Tuning dealers in NE, although I go to Council Bluffs, IA at least 10-12 times throughout the year. I'm a Malone dealer that offers mobile tuning and TDI service work. If you would like a tune sometime, catch me when I have a trip planned to your area. Ive done this quite often for customers living in SE Nebraska or Iowa.
Hope this helps. Enjoy your TDI!:D
Thanks,
Ben

Killabee228

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen manual
After a few years away from Nebraska my wife and I are moving back!! The sportwagen has gotten more angry. Cr170 and Malone Stage 3. Can't wait to do some more stuff with you guys this summer!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Damn that looks good.

Hows it run?

It runs great! He enjoys it so much, he's dropping off his 2010 for almost the exact same treatment. :)

Anyone in need of tune, PM me.

A little Buzzken hardware laid out. :)

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Did some work my car and the Passat this week. Let me tell you, Fumoto on the 2015 is NOT as quick, easy nor painless as the earlier NMS and all the Jetta/Golf variants.

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Did you remove the oil pan to get the Fumoto valve in or out ?
I'm waiting to find out what VW is planning to do with our cars to do some upgrades.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Did you remove the oil pan to get the Fumoto valve in or out ?
I'm waiting to find out what VW is planning to do with our cars to do some upgrades.
Had to remove it to get it in. We were suprised as $hit but you know how we do, plenty of tools and not worried about it. It was kind of funny, J goes, "I take apart multi-million dollar planes all day long" and I said to him, chuckling, "yeah, but they aren't your wifes new car with 20k on the clock". :D:D It turned out great, nice and clean, and no fuss oil draining. Now, if we could have a word with the aholes at VW that put the oil filter in that HORRIBLE place under the motor now. :mad:

vmb

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
Just picked up an '86 jetta turbodiesel.
its Canadian ehhhh. never drove a stick shift before, so it's been a learning experience, as will working on it. gets up and goes pretty well, but could use some body work and other stuff.
should be a fun little project car.

jeepnguy

TDI
2011 JSW
Props to Baxter VW in Omaha. They are covering all repairs to the tranny, fly wheel replacement under warranty even though I just went past my warranty mileage!!! If ever in the Omaha area and need service, do be scared of the Dealership!! Ive had nothing but great experience there since I bought my car there in 2013!!

vmb

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
Props to Baxter VW in Omaha. They are covering all repairs to the tranny, fly wheel replacement under warranty even though I just went past my warranty mileage!!! If ever in the Omaha area and need service, do be scared of the Dealership!! Ive had nothing but great experience there since I bought my car there in 2013!!

Yea, I got tires from there earlier this year. They're nice folks.
That's pretty awesome that they're letting that slide. What was up with the transmission? Bad DMF?

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Anybody with a beat up 16" set of wheels for a MK5?, I need to find a beat up set to put on my TDI before the buy back. I found one on ebay and a guy beat me for 50 cents haha.
No trades, unless you want to buy a set of 17" wheels and tires.
I dont want to return my car with almost brand new tires and nice wheels.

Once all my stuff is out of the Jetta (after MrRogers gets some), I will put a for sale post.

But in the meantime if you have a set, shoot me a message please.

How many locals are doing the buyback?

But i'm going to hate the mileage, oh well a new car is not too bad Looking to get a Sport Jetta if I can get one soon haha

baggedmazda

TDI
2001 golf tdi 5 speed
Anyone have a vag com around Lincoln or is very knowledgeable with the alh? above 3k it just seems to have no power I'm at 286k so I kinda assume it needs new nozzles but I just did the diesel purge but didn't notice anything drastic