Oldie newbie w/ questions...

JimNorman

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta sedan auto; 2003 Jetta wagon 4-speed
By way of (re)introduction, I am back after quite a few years. I recently bought a 2013 Touareg Sport TDI, exceptionally clean with 98,000 miles. I'm seeking some advice on these initial questions: 1. Is this vehicle still covered under the Dieselgate extended warranty? 2. There seems to be a coolant leak of some sort -- I don't see any stains under the engine, but I've had to add cooalnt twice in 900 miles. I don't see any white smoke out the exhaust. Is this a matter of concern? 3. I just got a dashboard warning that I need to add Ad-Blue. Must (or should) it be the stuff from the VW dealer, or can it be the less expensive stuff in any number of brand names described as "Blue Def?" Thanks in advance for any advice! Jim

dieseldonato

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta
Only thing I can put any input On is the DEF, get it where ever. Before my current job we'd get in in 275gal totes for equipment and the trucks. Every now and then we'd have to get some on the road, never had an issue with it from where ever I got it.

AverageAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2013 Golf TDI 6MT, 2013 Jetta TDI 6MT (R.I.P.)
Go here VW Emissions Modification Lookup (vwdiesellookup.com) and enter your VIN. It will tell you when emissions mods were completed and if there is warranty left. I have used VW DEF and Blue-DEF equally without any issues. The coolant problem sounds like something to figure out though, and unfortunately there are a LOT of coolant paths on these cars.