Old Navy's CCV Filter Discussion & Evaluation

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Bump... Whats the word on Production? are they still avalible, more avalible, less, more$ less$ ?
Call the numbers in posts #236 and #237, check out the situation, see if Stanco still has any in stock, and report back.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
These are not worth the trouble folks! Your intake will still have CCV vapors with it installed!

Colossal waste of $$$

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
These are not worth the trouble folks! Your intake will still have CCV vapors with it installed!

Colossal waste of $$$
A waste of $$$, probably, but not colossal. It seemed to serve a purpose, when we thought collecting the oil vapors from the crankcase vent before they entered the intake and EGR valve would prevent clogging.

Eventually someone figured out that more oil originated from the turbo than from the crankcase vent; and then the ULSD cut down on the soot a little, and now EGRs still clog up but not so often.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
I dissagree. More oil does NOT come from the turbo. A properly running car that has a CCV to atmosphere will have a VERY VERY light coating of oil in the intake. A car with a CCV hooked up (old navy or not) will have significantly more oil inthe intake track.

Vegard

TDI
Golf mk4 TDI 4Motion
The text from eBay is pasted under the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120552420161+

Dynaflow CCV Filters replace the existing OEM Factory Black CCV Puck and help prevent the clogging of air intakes on 1999.5-2003 VW TDI Engines (Engine Code ALH ONLY) by removing oily vapour from the CCV airstream prior to entering the intake and intercooler. When mixed with EGR gasses, this oily vapour forms a sooty black deposit on the Intake resulting in a loss of power, lack of performance, poor fuel economy and eventually your engine will fail to run if the blockage becomes large.
The unit is a direct replacement for the existing for the OEM VW Black CCV Puck and is a direct fit with no special tools required other than a star screwdriver to loosen and retighten the factory hose clamp.
Fits neatly under existing plastic engine cover and requires no additional work.
Each unit comes with 3 replacement Filter elements and we recommend they be changed or cleaned (yes these are re-usable) during each oil change or every 10,000 miles.
Additional replacement elements can be purchased for $2/ea at time of sale, or later with an additional $5 for shipping and handling.
Feel free to contact us with any questions - jvrana@sympatico.ca or 905-352-2953.
Over 70 units have been sold so far with many great reviews by customers at TDIclub.com (Search Dynaflow CCV)
**FREE SHIPPING ON ALL DYNAFLOW CCV UNITS SHIPPED IN NORTH AMERICA**

Last edited:

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Old Navy\'s CCV Filter Discussion & Evaluation

I think it will be pretty soon; I'm still waiting for the results from the testers. We have hashed out a lot of design problems that will be eliminated in the production model and now seem to just be waiting the reports of the testers.

Hopefully we will have favorable reports from some of the high mileage daily drivers next week and can get started on production by 1st of August.

When we get ready to start production we will do a group prepaid buy (checks & money orders only) of 100 to start. We are only going to sell them here on the forum with no middleman distributors to help keep price down. These babies are pretty expensive to make, and I want everyone who wants one to be able to afford one.

Before I can quote a price for the CCV filter we will have to mfg one and do a cost analysis to get a firm price on the thing. I am hoping we can stay in the $80 to a $100 price range; the machine shop owner is the one who has final say as to price. The pricing will be cost of material, shop hourly rate of $40, shipping and handling fees and whatever he decides for mark up or profit. I think his mark up will depend on how large are the group buys.

Remember this is a small one man machine shop run by a friend and neighbor, who sometimes has his brother to help with packing and shipping. No I will not be involve with actual mfg, only selling them here at Fred’s. My friend has offered to pay me for my work in the sales, but I refused. I didn’t start this as a money making deal for me, just a solution to a common problem we all have.
Maybe part of profit could be donated to TDICLUB.COM to off set costs?

I bought the TDI Club license plate frame to help. :)